What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

bartman

Immortal
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25157395-11088,00.html

According to this article the police are awaiting DNA evidence which should be done within the week. So he won't be charged obviously until the evidence comes back.

And apparently the girls younger sister is being interviewed as a witness. This is an odd case.
From the above link...

It was believed saliva swabs from the woman and scrapings from Stewart's fingernails were being tested.

No charges, if any, would be laid until tests were completed and witnesses, including the 17-year-old's sister, were interviewed.
The plot thickens... testing her saliva, testing his fingernails, and her sister as a witness? :sarcasm:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Or perhaps it is because SOME NRL players (and it certainly isn't just NRL players but other athletes and certainly not all of them) have a massive sense of entitlement from years of being treated like a human God and expect to be able to have sex with any woman they choose.

Years ago I read an article that was written by some has-been rockstar from the 70s. I forgot who it was because as I said I read it a few years ago and he told a story about the first time he had been rejected by a woman in years and it literally shocked him to the point he kinda didn't "get" what had happened or why she would do it.

EDIT

That was in response to $$poor boy blues$$

Kiki

First Grade
it seems weird to me that the father went and knocked on the neighbours door and asked him to call the cops. dont they have a phone??

perverse

Referee
it is weird kiki... but not being there, we can't really speculate why. maybe he was busy tending to his daughter?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah, we can't really judge peoples actions in stressful situations. IF the events unfolded as have been reported by the young girl then the father would have been furious to the point of not thinking straight.

Kiki

First Grade
yeh i guess we cant really comment but its bizzare. it said in the paper the dad went and banged on the door and like woke his neighbour up and demanded he call the cops.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The general reporting on this case has been garbage though.

Tonights news said they had an interview with the girls father and it was more a reporter just pestering a guy who quite clearly didn't want to be interviewed. That does not sound like an interview to me channel nine news.

Kiki

First Grade
Or perhaps it is because SOME NRL players (and it certainly isn't just NRL players but other athletes and certainly not all of them) have a massive sense of entitlement from years of being treated like a human God and expect to be able to have sex with any woman they choose.

Years ago I read an article that was written by some has-been rockstar from the 70s. I forgot who it was because as I said I read it a few years ago and he told a story about the first time he had been rejected by a woman in years and it literally shocked him to the point he kinda didn't "get" what had happened or why she would do it.

yeh i think thats true for some of the boys. theres alot of factors that contribute to this sort of situation. i wrote a blog addressing this sorta stuff when the broncos scandal came out -

http://oherrol.wordpress.com/2008/09/16/kiki-does-serious-times/

i think it kinda applies to this as well.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25157314-5003409,00.html

Father tells of nightmare in NRL sex trauma

Dean Ritchie and Lauren Williams | March 08, 2009 11:00pm

THE father of a teenage girl who claims she was sexually assaulted by NRL star Brett Stewart said the families' lives had turned into a ''nightmare''. He spoke out yesterday as DNA swabs from Stewart were being tested by police investigating the alleged attack on the 17-year-old.

As the girl was assessed by a nurse at her home in Sydney's northern beachside suburb of Manly yesterday, the NRL scrambled to deal with the latest fallout surrounding claims of alleged inappropriate behaviour by one of its players.

But tomorrow, Manly is expected to defy the NRL by naming Stewart at fullbac k for the club's opening round clash with the Bulldogs on Saturday.

It is understood saliva swabs from the 17-year-old and scrapings from Stewart's fingernails are being tested.

No charges, if any, will be laid until the tests are completed and more witnesses interviewed, including the girl's mother and sisters who claim to have seen the incident.

Clearly distressed, the father said the allegations, which came after Manly's season launch last Friday, had left his family traumatised.

"They're terrified. This is a nightmare for our family," he said yesterday.

Contradicting a police statement issued on Friday, the teenager's father stressed the incident had not occurred in a stairwell but at the gated entrance to a neighbouring townhouse apartment shortly after Stewart arrived home in a taxi.

The father also wanted to end speculation Stewart and his daughter knew each other.

"We didn't even know he lived there until now," he said.

After hearing his daughter screaming, he said he clashed with Stewart, whom he claims was aggressive.

"I'm disgusted by the whole thing - as any father would be," he said.

The father, who fears a backlash from Manly supporters, is today expected to provide police with a statement.

He also said his family would leave the complex after moving in only three weeks ago.

"We didn't ask for any of this," he said.

"But now it's happened, we have to deal with it, for what? It just isn't right."

Stewart will be at Manly's headquarters this morning for training with teammates.

A close friend yesterday claimed the player was "shattered" at the allegations and media attention. Despite concerns over Stewart's state of mind, his manager George Mimis said the star wanted to play the opening match.

It is thought the DNA tests will be fast-tracked with results known in a week.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Contradicting a police statement issued on Friday, the teenager's father stressed the incident had not occurred in a stairwell but at the gated entrance to a neighbouring townhouse apartment shortly after Stewart arrived home in a taxi.

Fishy.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The DNA testing will be known within the week and as far as I can see Stewart has not claimed they had consensual sex or anything. So not long now before there is evidence one way or the other rather than things that appear fishy.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Of course they are, it sells more paper to say MANLY FLYING FULLBACK IN TEENAGE RAPE SCANDAL then Brett Stewart detained on sexual assault allegations.

MSIH

Bench
0,,6520626,00.jpg

He looks heaps credible

MacDougall

First Grade
At least Stewart will be safe playing against the Bulldogs. It'd be a bit hypocritical if they decided to rough him up.

Latest posts