What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

sharko

Juniors
You have to laugh when mongos like Watmough think they have a green light to do whatever they want to whoever they want..watch Manly crash and burn this season, it will be a regular soap opera.

WhiteWesWelker

Juniors
What Watmough did, if that is what he did, is going to deter future sponsors.

I would never sponsor a club that conducts itself like that.

Bartman, thanks for the useful info, you are a champ.

I`m deadset gonna ask a female friend to make an allegation of sexual assault against me. If your theory is correct, I`m gonna be stood down from work (ON FULL PAY), hopefully for a year or two. I haven`t had a holiday for three years. And then when the trial comes, we just make sure the witnesses` story is inconsistent.

WhiteWesWelker

Juniors
Bartman, thanks for the useful info, you are a champ.

I`m deadset gonna ask a female friend to make an allegation of sexual assault against me. If your theory is correct, I`m gonna be stood down from work (ON FULL PAY), hopefully for a year or two. I haven`t had a holiday for three years. And then when the trial comes, we just make sure the witnesses` story is inconsistent.

In my office, an older guy was accused of sexual assault. Police came to the office and took him away to interview him but didn't lay charges. He returned, sat at his desk and within 5 minutes the boss told him to leave until the issue was resolved.

It is a common thing.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yep.

Hope the sponsor takes this thug clown down.

Thats if he has the balls to do it. Remember, he is a sponsor...so if he does go public and it is revealed who he is and his business it could suffer with the backlash of some of the mungo manly fans.

WhiteWesWelker

Juniors
Thats if he has the balls to do it. Remember, he is a sponsor...so if he does go public and it is revealed who he is and his business it could suffer with the backlash of some of the mungo manly fans.

Maybe some of them will camp outside of Watmough's house in support for him treating the reason their club stays alive (sponsors) like crap.

It is fair to say, Manly supporters are easily the worst. Not only that police station thing but some of the responses in this thread as well.

Brutus

Referee

Well he's just rang up Sydney radio station so I don't think he wants it swept under the carpet.

Mr Saab

Referee
Well he's just rang up Sydney radio station so I don't think he wants it swept under the carpet.

Well i hope for his sake he is very very clear with his version of events...otherwise this could blow up in his face more than he realises.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The sponsor involved (Paul) with Watmough has just rang up Steve Price on 2UE and said that he was indeed punched by Watmough and is still considering taken the matter further. He says Watmough made derogatory remarks about his 21 year old daughter who was present at the function.

Watch this one get a life of its own.

f**k me #-o

Prepare to see our game dragged through the mud yet again.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I don't think you can stand a player down any time an issue comes up. It opens it possibilities for extortion, and quite simply doesn't really achieve anything. You bring up "the good of the game" but to be honest I can't see the game losing or gaining any fans whether or not Brett Stewart plays while these dubious allegations are investigated. And yes, I think the Greg Bird case was different. He lied to police, and refused to say what happened to his coach and CEO. To me it comes down to a case by case basis, and even then it is and should be up to the club.

No not everytime an issue comes up or an allegation is made but if he has been proven to have broken club or NRL guidelines (being blind at a club function for eg.) action should be taken.

Noa

First Grade
Lol.

Just read about the father past. He must of thought his ship had sailed in, Im sure the $$$$ lit up in his eyes.

Seems like the only thing Brett is gulity of is being a bufoon. For that he should miss a week.

The Colonel

Immortal
Police press on with Watmough inquiries

By GLENN JACKSON - SMH

His altercation with a club sponsor has been largely overshadowed by the sexual assault allegations against fullback Brett Stewart, but representative second-rower Anthony Watmough still faces punishment by the Sea Eagles - and possibly police.

The sponsor Watmough is alleged to have slapped during the club's boozy season launch is still considering pressing charges - even though the Test representative apologised to him the day after the altercation. It is understood the club will consider placing Watmough on an alcohol ban and is likely to fine him over the incident. It is also understood police investigations are continuing and detectives are trying to obtain a statement from the sponsor.
The corporate partner sponsor in question, who did not wish to be named, yesterday made it clear he was not completely satisfied with the apology issued on Saturday.
"The guy needs to pull his head in," he said of Watmough. "They get a bit of alcohol in them. I don't know what I'm going to do at the moment. He's apologised, and I've accepted the apology, but I still need to decide where I go from here."
Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said the club was continuing its own investigations but expressed surprise that police were continuing theirs.
"I'm a bit perplexed to hear the police are continuing to investigate, when as far as the hotel, the sponsor and the player are concerned, the issue's been resolved," Mayer said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/2247772/Police-press-on-with-Watmough-inquiries

CharlieF

Juniors

I thought that the whole matter was settled?

To me all this sounds like petty bickering and personal paybacks using any rules or laws as their weapon of choice.

One only has to look at how these events have been blown out of all proportion from the beginning to realise that someone is going out of their way big time to discredit the Sea Eagles.

WhiteWesWelker

Juniors
I thought that the whole matter was settled?

To me all this sounds like petty bickering and personal paybacks using any rules or laws as their weapon of choice.

One only has to look at how these events have been blown out of all proportion from the beginning to realise that someone is going out of their way big time to discredit the Sea Eagles.

You are also an idiot.

Blown out proportion?

Discredit the Sea Eagles?

One week before the start of a season where they are defending their title. Players are blind drunk, making chauvinistic comments about sponsors' daughters and coming home and tackling a girl and allegedly assaulting her sexually.

That kind of behavior is not acceptable within society, at all. It may be acceptable in Iran or Saudi Arabia but not here. Especially when you take into account that these guys are supposed to be elite athletes.

You are an absolute stain on humanity if you think this has been blown of proportion.

WhiteWesWelker

Juniors
And for the record, I don't care if Stewart is guilty or not but I hope he gets injured against the Bulldogs. If he is not going to get stood down, someone should stand him down until this is resolved.

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
Sooooooo they family had just moved into an apartment in Manly in which Brett Stewart lived.. they state they never knew he lived there and didn' even know who Brett Stewart was... okay, could be possible.. so where did they moved from???

FRENCHS FOREST... which is still in the Manly-Warringah district and where the criminal father owes $10,000 rent...

The three daughters goto high school in the Manly area and don't know who Brett Stewart is... riiiiight..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts