What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

Syko

Juniors
Manly should be fined because the Telegraph has dug up dirt on the alleged victim's (its starting to look like the only thing she was a victim of is a drunk falling on her) father? :crazy:

Its manly running that smear campaign

warren

Juniors
Manly should be fined because the Telegraph has dug up dirt on the alleged victim's (its starting to look like the only thing she was a victim of is a drunk falling on her) father? :crazy:

no

because their players had behaved so badly at a function that it has led to a tv add being pulled and the game to be dragged through the mud

CharlieF

Juniors
For who? I would think drunken crash tackle is a lot better for Stewart than drunken rape.

And it doesn't sound like it had anything to do with sex or violence targetting women at all. The newspapers etc should hang their heads in shame if they fabricated the original sexual assault story. Someone must have if its not true.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Tackling a woman doesn't sound like violence towards women ??

EDIT

And he could have groped her on the ground or something. I mean we don't know what has happened and people saying we must presume Stewart is innocent has to understand that this is a two way street. Just let the police do their job I guess. If he tackled her under the same sort of circumstances as the Dane Tilse incident then surely it would only be just if he is deregistered for a year ??

CharlieF

Juniors
no

because their players had behaved so badly at a function that it has led to a tv add being pulled and the game to be dragged through the mud

No, thats called over reacting. Who dragged the game through the mud with fabricated stories? This would not have been blown out of proportion like it is now if "SEXUAL ASSAULT OF TEEN GIRL" was not headline news.

CharlieF

Juniors
Tackling a woman doesn't sound like violence towards women ??

EDIT

And he could have groped her on the ground or something. I mean we don't know what has happened and people saying we must presume Stewart is innocent has to understand that this is a two way street. Just let the police do their job I guess. If he tackled her under the same sort of circumstances as the Dane Tilse incident then surely it would only be just if he is deregistered for a year ??

That could have been me there and I probably would have been tackled instead. I am not a woman.

warren

Juniors
No, thats called over reacting. Who dragged the game through the mud with fabricated stories? This would not have been blown out of proportion like it is now if "SEXUAL ASSAULT OF TEEN GIRL" was not headline news.

what wouldve happened if brett stewart wasnt so drunk and could remember the night?

sneagle

Juniors
the so called facts surrounding this are getting increasing blurred.....

She was smoking outside her house, she was smoking at the gated driveway of a neighbouring townhouse complex, she was smoking in her driveway.....
They chatted and went into a stairwell were she was attacked...Or
The attack occurred at the gated entrance to a neighbouring townhouse complex...
Stewart crash tackled her outside her house...
The father heard screams and came to her defence...
The mother was also with him...
The mother & other daughter witnessed the assault - yet they had to go to a neighbour who heard and saw nothing to call the police....
Onlookers went to her defence .. did they call the police....
The mother gave an interview to the Sun Herald (?) prior to taking her daughter to police, stating now they have to move...
The father later (in his several press comments) stated they have to move now because of fears of reprisals by Manly fans....
They had no idea who Brett Stewart was - possible but I guess they never read the Manly Daily, or any other sporting news, watched the telly, went to the corso.. were nowhere in the Northern BEaches area in the lead up to or after the grand final....

All a bit confusing...

Sorry but where has it said that Manly leaked the father's chequered past to the media?
I also think the Watmough incident needs further addressing, as I think more will come of it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For who? I would think drunken crash tackle is a lot better for Stewart than drunken rape.

No worries, Ill rephrase it.

What incident are you talking about cause if your referring to Stewart in what world is a crash tackle, which was probably done in fun, worse then being accused of sexual assault.

I was referring to reports on the Watmough issue not being resolved...

Eels Dude

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html

Stewart was later arrested and taken to Dee Why police station. He made his first appearance since Friday at Manly training yesterday.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler will today name him at fullback for Saturday clash against the Bulldogs.

His on-going selection comes as the Balmain Tigers stood down five NSW Cup players who allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman on the Sunshine Coast after a trial match two Saturday ago. The Daily Telegraph understands all five players have been put on ice until the outcome of the investigation.

Anyone else pick up on the really poor use of wording there?

manlyrule1972

Juniors
yes because manly won't do anything to save their star you dope..

I'm all for the Manly haterid thing... It's what make us proud of being a Manly supporter.

But how about you turn that off for a minute and read the facts you 15 year old numb skull...

"The Daily Telegraph understands all five players have been put on ice until the outcome of the investigation. "

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
Anyone else pick up on the really poor use of wording there?

Yes. i wish they would just speed up the investigation, weed out the truth and not re-hash things otherwise I might just crack up.

People who say he is guilty should get off the grass as they seem to be flogging a dead horse, but the acid test will be when witnesses make statements.

He just tripped.

stormbati

Bench
Well the father of the girl has a history with fraud claims so Im gonna have to go with Stewart on this one, I think they (girl+dad) are a couple of sharks preying on Stewart.
Doesnt help he was too blind to remember!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
"The Daily Telegraph understands all five players have been put on ice until the outcome of the investigation. "

Yes. i wish they would just speed up the investigation, weed out the truth and not re-hash things otherwise I might just crack up.

People who say he is guilty should get off the grass as they seem to be flogging a dead horse, but the acid test will be when witnesses make statements.

He just tripped.

If the victim is proven right, she will be a heroine. If wrong, she deserves a smack.