What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
Geez the media are good at factual reporting.

They've taken one quote to create this headline, then buried the three against it at the bottom of the article once the damage is done. Watch the anti-Bulldogs comments pile up on the article...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25168560-5006066,00.html

Wow what a shocking article by Josh Massoud.. he makes the Bulldogs supporters looks like a bunch of moronic hypocritical animals.

From what I have gathered in these forums, Dogs supporters are quite compassionate with this issue knowing what it feels like, especially considering he has not been found guilty, nor were any of the dogs supporters..

Are the fans at 'the kennel' really of this hypocritical mindframe???

Tommax25

Bench
Laffranchi wasnt a Titans player when the alledged incident took place,he was still a tigers player ;-)

I certainly wasn't having a go at the titans or anything, but yes I believe so. However, it had to be the titans decision to keep playing him, which is fair enough.

t1tan

Juniors
So your saying that the Titans should have been fined for something he alledgedly did at another club?
Following that line,if Bird is found guilty then Catalans will be copping the punishment..

Tommax25

Bench
So your saying that the Titans should have been fined for something he alledgedly did at another club?
Following that line,if Bird is found guilty then Catalans will be copping the punishment..

Mate, you'll have to go back and see what I said that in reagrds to. I dont think they should be fined for that, the drinking session yes but not the non-standing down. Someone said something like "fine the bastards" because they are not standing down stewart even though gallop wants them to. I said well the titans and warriors were not fined. If this hypotheical fine existed then the titans could be fined for not standing him down becasue he is a titans player at the time, it is there choice to not stand him down. Again, I dont think they should have been fined or manly now, even in the hypotheical situation, for that.

To be honest it wouldnt have mattered that it happened as a tiger because he was a current titans player at the time, and it wasnt about the tigers or titans in the wrong it was laffranchi. Like there is now, there would have been a big swell of public outrage and demands for him to stand down. It would have been the titans decision, and they would cop the backlash despite it happening at another club becasue its the codes integrity people are worried about, not the titans or manlys or the warriors. I also just realised I spoke as if that didnt happen but cant be bothered to change the grammar.

Another viewpoint is the Manly should be congratulated and applauded for displaying the fortitude to stand by their player, when told by him that he is innocent.

It displays strength of purpose and a commendable fierce loyalty.

t1tan

Juniors
Another viewpoint is the Manly should be congratulated and applauded for displaying the fortitude to stand by their player, when told by him that he is innocent.

It displays strength of purpose and a commendable fierce loyalty.
And another viewpoint is that Manly are doing whats best for Manly.

Didn't say being drunk was a crime. However it's not a good thing to do at a season launch, which this incident is alleged to have occured immediately following. Your quote "he did not consume too much alcohol" seems at odds with even his dad's statement to the media.
The NRL wish to meet with Manly regarding the alcohol situation and the process of the launch night, at which point the NRL themselves may even impose a fine or restriction on Stewart, Watmough, and/or the club itself. TO suggest he hasn't broken any rules because the club didn't "have them in place" before the launch is silly and speaks to you blindly defending him.

I wasn't aware there was a limit on how many times one could post... :lol:

I never said being charged makes him guilty - are you actually reading what I'm saying? Nor did I say drinking alcohol or meeting a 17 year old are crimes either... get your facts together if you're going to discuss such a serious matter. As I said, it looks like you're blindly defending him. And given your rubbish opinion on matters regarding SBW last year, you look like a flaming hypocrite to those who remember right now.

Your just repeating yourself over and over again. This thread would be 20 pages less if you didnt respond to every post with the same dribble

Downie

Guest Moderator
And another viewpoint is that Manly are doing whats best for Manly.

He hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. Laffranchi played on even after being charged and nothing came of that, did it?

We're being loyal to Stewart on the basis the club believes he's innocent. That's something other clubs and coaches wouldn't do.

I think it`s a good decision to let him keep playing. I feel sorry for him if he indeed did something illegal to that girl, and I`ll be very upset if he is convicted. I must admit I don`t feel any concern for the girl, maybe cos I know nothing about her. If she were someone I know, I`d probably feel differently.

adamkungl

Immortal
Good on Manly for not bowing to public pressure. Standing him down achieves nothing. If he's convicted, he will get his punishment.

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
If the Media heard about every incident from every club, the NRL would be in a far greatly shambles than it currently is!

Latest posts