What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

Shorty

Staff member
You have to wonder about a person who hears a scuffle, and their first reaction is to start taping it.
Are you for real?
Brett Stewart is outside your yard having a scuffle with your neighbour?:?

Geez some of you are extremely naive.
People record everything everywhere, this isn't sus in the least.

People need to stop viewing and judging the case as a League or Manly fan.
It's obvious people cloud their judgment.

Sleep

Juniors
I thought webcams were just for girls to strip on and then have the guy upload it to some website for the world to see. I've gotta get with the times.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
As soon as a fight breaks out anywhere these days, people whip out their mobile phones and start filming Tarantino style...

If it is a semi-celebrity then it would be a certainty..

But surely even boofhead footballers must know this...

gaterooze

Bench
both good points too,that's if he turned the sound on

Looking at it from the other side, the video could conceivably also be helpful to Stewart's defence. The police have to check all angles, and they apparently didn't get the video until after charging Stewart, it seems?

Either way, I hope the guy made a copy of it that will "leak" out :)

The BigFella

Juniors
I would be interested to see if BARTMAN felt so pasionately about the guilt of the accused, and the despiceable decision to allow him to play if we were talking about Nathan Hindmarsh and Paramatta?

Eels Dude

Coach
I would be interested to see if BARTMAN felt so pasionately about the guilt of the accused, and the despiceable decision to allow him to play if we were talking about Nathan Hindmarsh and Paramatta?

If you read Bartman's posts I really don't think he's talking 'guilt' as such at all, and probably would be even more disappointed and angry if it were Nathan Hindmarsh.

StormChaser

First Grade
Bartman is probably the ONLY sane member of this forum......apart from myself of course *cough* and he's also unbiased and fair unlike the majority on here.

typicalfan

Coach
Because Bartman can see the bigger picture, he knows its the right outcome for the game and a step in the right direction.

bartman

Immortal
Mate, I've already said in this thread that I absolutely would feel the same if an Eels player was in Stewart's situation. Probably even more passionately because he's a player in my team?

But I'm not convinced of or advocating Stewart's guilt... that's for the courts to decide, not us. But the NRL taking action and standing him down is a separate issue to anyone's guilt or innocence. Stewart is still on full pay - like Bird was last year - and perfectly entitled to be so while this is all resolved.

bartman

Immortal
Well there you go...

If that happens to lead to the charges being dropped or not proven, then the NRL have still done the right thing in standing a player down while charges are being resolved. Sending a messages to players and their clubs that from 2009 league is not going to take things they way they have been any more.

Latest posts