What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

bartman

Immortal
One side you want to believe Stewart because he is a great footballer and seems like a great guy, but on other side you wanna make sure IF he did do it... this poor girl gets to see justice served....
Yep. That's the two sides of it, and why standing him down (or anyone else who finds themselves in these circumstance) in the meantime is the sensible way to handle it, and also in Stewart's own best interests.

ibeme

First Grade
If charges are dropped Stewart may be back earlier, but until then better just not assuming and preparing yourselves for the ride.

That won't happen. It would be an admission that the suspension was about the charges and not the code of conduct breach.

CharlieF

Juniors
If it was (?) the "alledged digital penetration" put forward, and would seem supported by the DNA samples taken and requested by the police - could one assume that was the assault suggested by the alledged victim and her family? If this is seems unlikely to be the case what would another possible scenario be?

So there was no DNA evidence to prove sexual contact.

These alleged victims could actually get done for public mischief. That would leave the NRL red faced and trigger happy.

CharlieF

Juniors
I'd recommend not assuming... it's going to be an emotional rollercaoster for Manly fans if you choose to put yourselves through all that.

The media is (has?) going to take this in twists and turns right up until it's resolved either way. The NRL have given Brett five weeks off to prepare hismelf for his defence, and get this as far away as possible from the product on the field.

Manly have (belatedly) accepted the decision. If charges are dropped Stewart may be back earlier, but until then better just not assuming and preparing yourselves for the ride.

He cannot come back early now, even if nothing happened.

Simo

First Grade
If it was (?) the "alledged digital penetration" put forward, and would seem supported by the DNA samples taken and requested by the police - could one assume that was the assault suggested by the alledged victim and her family? If this is seems unlikely to be the case what would another possible scenario be?

This is what I have been wondering. Is the accusation rape or....i dont know how to put it, groping her or attaking her with intent to rape??

As has been discussed in the other thread, sexual assault covers many things varying in severity.

Initally with 'took her into a stairwell' story I assumed the worst, however now with the driveway and witnesses pulling him off her story I would assume he did not actually rape her?

For such a public event, the real accusation seem very hard to come by.

Eels Dude

Coach
So there was no DNA evidence to prove sexual contact.

These alleged victims could actually get done for public mischief. That would leave the NRL red faced and trigger happy.

That's not exactly how it works. There may be no DNA evidence to prove sexual contact but that means nothing. It certainly does not disprove that sexual contact occured. It really depends when these DNA samples were taken, if they were not taken until the next day as reported then it would be a longshot to find a match anyway. This case is not like CSI where you find a hair next to a dead body and simply have to match it up to get a suspect.

Noa

First Grade
Maybe the cops just layed the charges if only to stop anyone talking to the press about it, in case it did go to trial.

Eels Dude

Coach
This is what I have been wondering. Is the accusation rape or....i dont know how to put it, groping her or attaking her with intent to rape??

As has been discussed in the other thread, sexual assault covers many things varying in severity.

Initally with 'took her into a stairwell' story I assumed the worst, however now with the driveway and witnesses pulling him off her story I would assume he did not actually rape her?

For such a public event, the real accusation seem very hard to come by.

I don't think it's rape. The impression I get is that he allegations are he went for a bit too much. A grope, a use of a finger hence 'digital' rape which could have been over within less than a minute. From what's reported it seems the incident was over very quickly and help came to her immediately as she was allegedly attacked.

sneagle

Juniors
I'd recommend not assuming... it's going to be an emotional rollercaoster for Manly fans if you choose to put yourselves through all that.

The media is (has?) going to take this in twists and turns right up until it's resolved either way. The NRL have given Brett five weeks off to prepare hismelf for his defence, and get this as far away as possible from the product on the field.

Manly have (belatedly) accepted the decision. If charges are dropped Stewart may be back earlier, but until then better just not assuming and preparing yourselves for the ride.

I do agree - but I tell you it is hard...
Unfortunately (?) Stewart won't be back earlier.

Cletus

First Grade
I am sure I heard on Fox sports this afternoon that there is mobile phone footage of the incident recorded by a neighbour.

Did anyone else hear this?

Webcam footage according to the smh today.

It really is great news for Brett, without any physical evidence it comes down to the witnesses.

Fein

First Grade
Webcam footage according to the smh today.

It really is great news for Brett, without any physical evidence it comes down to the witnesses.

Oh, I thought Dutchy was gagging. :?

Webcam?

That could be interesting.