What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

Pete Cash

Post Whore
http://www.liac.sl.nsw.gov.au/hot/pdf/sexual_assault_56.pdf

Sexual offences are defined in the Crimes Act
1900 (NSW)12. They are criminal offences. It
should be kept in mind that an attempt to commit
any of these offences is also a sexual offence.
These offences were created by the Crimes Amendment
(Sexual Assault) Act 1981 (NSW). This Act changed
the old offence of ‘rape’ to the new offences of ‘sexual
assault’. The amendments made sexual offences gender
neutral, meaning that offenders and victims can be either
male or female.
These new offences were separated into the following
categories:

Act of indecency
An act of indecency is an offence involving behaviour
where the offender does not touch the victim; for
example, when someone exposes their genitals in public.
The offence is committed when a person performs an
indecent act with or towards a person, or incites a person
to act indecently with another person. The offence
carries a maximum penalty of two years in prison
(section 61N).

Indecent assault
Indecent assault is defined as an assault on another
person when an act of indecency is committed at the
same time. Indecent assault has a maximum penalty of
five years in prison (section 61L).

Sexual assault
Sexual assault is defined as sexual intercourse without
consent. The maximum penalty for this offence is 14
years in prison (section 61I).

Sexual intercourse’ is defined by the Act in section
61H as:
> sexual connection by penetration of the genitalia of
any person to any extent by any part of the body of
another person or an object;
> oral sex;
> continuing sexual intercourse when consent has been
withdrawn.

Sorry for the formatting but I copied from a PDF file. I don't think he has been charged with putting his fingers in the girls mouth or kissing her.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Yep, if people read through all the thread (a big ask I know), they will see these definition quoted.

Put that together with the reports that Stewart had scrapings from under his fingernails taken for DNA testing, and it should all become as clear as it needs to be.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61h.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61i.html

You won't be happy until Stewart is sent to the electric chair. Get off you high horse, stop reading everything the media scum have been printing as fact and let the man have his day in court.

Dutchy

Immortal
Previous Next Sea Eagles Press Release 5:30pm

11/03/2009 - By Scott Penn - Chairman, Manly Sea Eagles

The Manly–Warringah Sea Eagles Board today met to discuss a range of issues including the NRL’s decision to suspend Brett Stewart and fine the Club $100,000.
The Board would like to state for the record that we are very disappointed by the events that took place after our Season Launch last Friday. There is no doubt if we had our time again we would do things differently.
The NRL’s decision to suspend Brett Stewart for four matches is contrary to the Sea Eagles Board’s resolution last night however in consultation with Brett’s management and legal advisor we have agreed to accept their decision.
The NRL’s decision to fine the Club $100,000 will be addressed by the Board once the Breach notice has been officially served. The Club will be invoking our right of appeal when the notice is received.
As reported in the media earlier in the week the Sea Eagles Board ratified today a policy which places an alcohol ban on all players at official NRL, Sea Eagles and Sponsor functions effective immediately.
Management will reinforce the Sea Eagles Code of Conduct with Players and ensure that they take greater responsibility for their individual actions relating to alcohol.
The issue relating to an incident involving Anthony Watmough and a club sponsor has now been resolved between both parties.
The Club will be taking action against any player who breaches our Code of Conduct. Sanctions include official warnings, mandatory counselling and appropriate fines.
With regard to certain allegations made on radio this morning about the Board meeting last night, we will not be making any further comment.
Scott Penn
Chairman – Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited on behalf of the Board

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp?newsid=4206

bartman

Immortal
You know nothing Bart. You are a turkey.
Care to be more specific?

You won't be happy until Stewart is sent to the electric chair. Get off you high horse, stop reading everything the media scum have been printing as fact and let the man have his day in court.
So we're not allowed to comment on issues that in in the media... we should all just shut up about it until the dumb f**ker has his court case?

What are forums for, if not for sharing differing opinions.

If he's innocent, then he'll be found that way. All well and good as far as I'm concerned - except that doesn't change that the NRL has done the right thing for the game in standing him down while he is facing such serious charges. The action the NRL have taken (and discussion of it) is totally separate to the eventual verdict, that you seem to want us all to be quiet and wait for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As reported in the media earlier in the week the Sea Eagles Board ratified today a policy which places an alcohol ban on all players at official NRL, Sea Eagles and Sponsor functions effective immediately.

Talk about bolting the door after the horse has long gone!

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Care to be more specific?

So we're not allowed to comment on issues that in in the media... we should all just shut up about it until the dumb f**ker has his court case?

What are forums for, if not for sharing differing opinions.

If he's innocent, then he'll be found that way. All well and good as far as I'm concerned - except that doesn't change that the NRL has done the right thing for the game in standing him down while he is facing such serious charges. The action the NRL have taken (and discussion of it) is totally separate to the eventual verdict, that you seem to want us all to be quiet and wait for.
You should be free to comment and you are. Considering your total disregard of civil liberties and a desire for the nanny state, I have no idea why you would expect such privileges!

They stood him down on a technicality by the way, not for facing serious charges. A cowardly act.

bartman

Immortal
So you didn't elaborate on the previous turkey comment. Ok then...

I happen to disagree with you and think the NRL's stance was a strong one, and one the game needed. Technicality or not, it only came to that because Manly were too gutless to put their hands up and admit their mistakes and pull their player into line for his actions.

Tony Zappia's quotes on the issue are what we should be hoping for from all CEOs, imo.

Eels Dude

Coach
Interesting reading these definitions of sexual assault. I'm curious though, how would one define a sexault assault commited against a male? I mean, male genetalia cannot be 'penetrated' as such so what kind of charge could be laid if a woman were to force a male to commit a sexual act or tough him innapropriately? It would have to be sexual assault of some degree, so this definition must be looked at rather loosely.

Harold Bishop

Juniors

I happen to disagree with you and think the NRL's stance was a strong one, and one the game needed. Technicality or not, it only came to that because Manly were too gutless to put their hands up and admit their mistakes and pull their player into line for his actions.

Tony Zappia's quotes on the issue are what we should be hoping for from all CEOs, imo.
Would that be the same Tony Zappia accused of assaulting a female recently?

Interesting reading these definitions of sexual assault. I'm curious though, how would one define a sexault assault commited against a male? I mean, male genetalia cannot be 'penetrated' as such so what kind of charge could be laid if a woman were to force a male to commit a sexual act or tough him innapropriately?

Very good point indeed.

gong_eagle

First Grade
video footage of the tussle between Stewart & the father from a webcam , who has a webcam ready to record like that ?

Mr Saab

Referee
video footage of the tussle between Stewart & the father from a webcam , who has a webcam ready to record like that ?

Prob some nerd who was home on a friday night at 1am....was having web cam sex with some fat mole from Minto....heard the noise outside...and started taping it.

adamkungl

Immortal

Why should *we* be hoping for anything when a large portion of us clearly disagree that he should have been stood down at all?

Latest posts