What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
No you didn't prove me wrong. You just said "No it isn't".

What proof was there in your post. Can you point it out to me?

I'm glad you aren't in the DPP.

The proof is in the location, more I pointed out that you were wrong. :sarcasm:

jdizzle

Juniors
The proof is in the location, more I pointed out that you were wrong. :sarcasm:

WTF. I have recorded the Seven and Nine news last night.

On channel 9, when Weidler says "Nine news can report that the alleged offense took place at the entrance of the complex and not in the stairwell"

The camera shows that next door to where the nurse entered a door is another fence door leading to stairs which lead to another entrance within the complex.

jdizzle

Juniors
The media have crucified him before the police have done their work.

No they haven't. They've described the what happened as being an alleged incident.

The media has done nothing wrong in this situation. It is doing its job by reporting the news.

Dutchy

Immortal
No they haven't. They've described the what happened as being an alleged incident.

The media has done nothing wrong in this situation. It is doing its job by reporting the news.

What about ch10 coming out straight off the bat and saying he raped a girl?

Did they do nothing wrong?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Bullsh*t. They're reporting with the intent to shame him. There is only one word which separates them from being sued for libel/slander, and that's the good ol' allegedly.

The media haven't let an investigation take it's natural course since before 2004. They think it's the public's right to have vocal input on the investigation and subsequent events.

adamkungl

Immortal
well der! If he did do it its jail time.

Really? We don't even know what he's accused of doing. "Sexual assault" could be anywhere between an arse grab and a violent rape. There is nothing except hysterical headlines like "MY GIRL'S NRL HELL" to suggest either way.

Timmah

Staff member
Between the three of us, we've got blue, white and red covered :sarcasm:

Lambretta

First Grade
Really? We don't even know what he's accused of doing. "Sexual assault" could be anywhere between an arse grab and a violent rape. There is nothing except hysterical headlines like "MY GIRL'S NRL HELL" to suggest either way.

That's what I was wondering

What exactly does sexual assault entail?

If it's rape - then the media would scream rape, so the term "sexual assault" would usually refer to a lesser offence.

Does "sexual assault" mean an unwanted kiss, or grabbing a breast or does there have to be a certain level of violence involved.

GB!

Juniors
sexual assault could mean that he burnt her and she cried wolf?

who knows

Timmah

Staff member
There doesn't have to be any violence involved, it can be as simple as unwanted advances.

brook

First Grade

An arsegrab would be indecent assault I believe.

Sexual assault does have a legal definition and it pretty much all involves penetration of some sort or forced oral sex so its really not a huge stretch to read 'sexual assault' as 'rape'.

ozbash

Referee

probably the most sensible thing I've read in this thread.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Timmah said:
The media haven't let an investigation take it's natural course since before 2004. They think it's the public's right to have vocal input on the investigation and subsequent events

Surely it's coming to that time where a law will eventually come in and protect "alleged" incident victims from the media's vocal input.

And until that happens we all have to put up with the media madness unfortunately.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
My two cents worth. As it stands at the moment, Stewart has done nothing wrong - nothing's been proven. It's all a 17 year old girl who (possibly) might be doing this for the attention and to bring one of the best players in the game down. As already mentioned, it could well have been a slap on the arse or something similar. If that's all it is, while I don't condone it, let him play - minus a "few" dollars in his bank account.

For me, something doesn't add up. Originally, the girl/her parents/ whoever it was said that this alleged sexual assault happened in a stairwell. I read the paper today, and apparently it didn't happen there, it happened at a gate leading to a property. Something doesn't seem right.