What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring on the Stain Trolls and Dave Q

Ausguy

Coach
Why has this been moved? This thread was aimed at it non sharks supporters who might not want to see them go under. There are already 55 threads about this in the Sharks forum. If you wont have it in the NRL forum, you might as well delete it....

Also, why dont you move all the "kick Cronulla out of the comp threads" here in the name of balance?

Agree.

How come Kmav can get away with rubbishing us at every opportunity Madunit but we cant try and get some support, this forum has a double standard does it?

There is atleast 5 threads on the front page of the NRL forum that easily fall in this catagory, why not let the flogs comment on this thread and you guys Mod them like you would if we made comments that required modding.

Poor form IMO.

adamkungl

Immortal
Seriously, anyone who comes in here trolling should seriously look at their own club.

If we go under those that think we are the only ones should take a closer look.

The troll should be pleased they still have a team. Fugg off and let us do what we can to save our team.

If Sharks went under then the next poorest Sydney club would be in the firing line. There's always gonna be someone who has the most and someone who has the least - nothing changes. They'll still be claiming [whatever poor club] is dragging down all the rich clubs from spending the cap.

Their argument makes no sense. There is no realistic scenario that exists where every club will be on a level playing field. As such, while ever the salary cap is in existence, narrow minded fans of rich clubs (and non-existent clubs :lol: Reds/Bears) will always claim the poor are "holding the comp back"

Ausguy

Coach
Exactly.... any tigers/manly or penrith fan that bags us and hopes for our demise is just asking for themselves to move into our position.

On the flip side which of those 3 examples has anything up their sleave like our development proposal to save them.

Im not a vindictive person, but if we get over the line and survive, given the attitudes of some people on here i might just become one of those people who like bagging the poor club.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've never been to Toyota park but I support the development because it gives Cronulla the chance to survive. You guys have survived for over 40 years when other clubs in your situation would have given up and keeled over. Despite all the bullshit and negativity constantly raised by the media and brainless nongs on this forum I have confidence that your club will live on in the NRL

Good luck.

Ok So I don't get it, what was the initial thread about ? :?

Can someone fill us real NRL fans on how we can help cronulla out ?

Megalodon

Juniors
My opinion (for what it's worth) is that newman posted a valid thread in an open discussion forum with the intent of attracting and engaging support from fans of other teams for the challenges facing the Sharks at the moment.

For it to be moved back to the Sharks forum defeats the purpose of the thread.

Troll bait or not, it seems like a valid cause with a solid purpose.

Disappointing.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Why was it moved to the Troll Thread though?

newman isn't a troll in here so the thread should of least held it's own in the main Sharks forum.

Mind you, shouldn't of been moved anyway.

Weak effort madunit.

Ausguy

Coach
Yeah poor modding but i mean it is to be expected we are the sharks and if you head over to the nrl forum now you will find dozens of team specific troll bait threads.... lol at souths for starters which is just the most pathetic thread on this whole website.

Cant wait to get approval of this development so i can start on the club that takes our place as next on the chopping block.

No x factor you aren't allowed to help us

Now please make a comment about how shit we are and move on

:)

OUCH !

forever-alone-guy-painting.jpg

Cut me deep. :(

p.s. Good luck with your development.

Last edited:
10 Things You Need to Know about the Sharks Redevelopment
The RESIDENTIAL will provide 700 new dwellings in a range of size and affordability to provide greater options for people to be able to afford to live in the Shire, 15 minutes’ walk from the beach
1500 new JOBS will be created
Generous OPEN SPACE and Playground facilities which allow disabled kids and able-bodied kids to play together will be built in the Shire for the first time
EXISTING FIELDS will be relocated and JUNIOR SPORT will be given brand new, state-of-the-art facilities which are well in advance of what they currently use
The REVITALISED CLUB will be a place for the entire Shire to enjoy family entertainment and outdoor eating with views to the city, whether or not they follow the NRL
The MANGROVES will benefit from world-leading environmental practices which will protect and improve their health and open them to protected public access via boardwalks and educational facilities.
The TRAFFIC IMPACT from the redevelopment has been assessed independently as minimal – relocating junior sport provides much-needed relief from peak congestion and Transport NSW has given in-principle commitment to a NEW BUS SERVICE to the area with the new population from the redevelopment
GAME DAY PATRONS will enjoy efficient and safe Park and Ride arrangements that are similar to those in place in most Stadiums for big events around Australia
THE SHARKS’ COMMUNITY SUPPORT will increase, with a commitment to sharing the success of the Club and the team with a wide range of local sporting and community groups.
The RETAIL will deliver full-convenience access for locals they currently have to drive to get – supermarkets, medical facilities, child care – will be available in one convenient location.

I couldn't be bothered going through 147 pages, but whats the likelihood of this going through? It seems like a pretty big gamble, but if it comes off it could ensure financial viability for your team for a while.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
X factor the reason it is so many pages is it has all our previous development attempts in the thread

This one ticks all the boxes

X factor the reason it is so many pages is it has all our previous development attempts in the thread

This one ticks all the boxes

Very good to here it ticks all the boxes.

Tbh I really hope it goes through; not only for your supporter bases sake but for the sake of RL we can't afford to lose a team in such a volatile period; we are on the cusp of introducing an Independent commission and negotiating a Tv deal.

To lose Cronulla, especially now could do some serious damage to RL.

Good luck.

Latest posts