What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Bombers Bid

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Crushers for mine.They averaged 21000 in their first season the the clusterf**k that was super league came along.Plus I still have a Crushers magnet on my fridge.

Yep they managed that many while being run by complete morons.

gyallop

Juniors
Strong words The Champ!

I guess you live in NSW as anyone in Qld saying that about Dick Turner might run into Big Mal's right hand after bouncing off Choppy close's left!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Strong words The Champ!

I guess you live in NSW as anyone in Qld saying that about Dick Turner might run into Big Mal's right hand after bouncing off Choppy close's left!

Garrick Morgan, st john ellis, mike ford, bob lindner yep a real professionally run club.
But u probably blame the Broncos it's all their fault.
Facts are facts now grow a brain.

gyallop

Juniors
I love it when an opinionated goose thinks his own view are facts, that always leads to an good debate!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I love it when an opinionated goose thinks his own view are facts, that always leads to an good debate!

Perhaps your memory has faded or maybe u r too young to remember but the players and coach I mentioned WERE signed but the crushers.
They were ALL crap but expensive.
These are facts. Grab a dictionary if you are not aware of the definition of this word.

gyallop

Juniors
the fact is that they were signed by the Crushers , in your opinion they were crap but the issue is your statement that Dick Turner was a complete moron. Ellis and Ford were test players and Morgan an athletic union test player with a league back ground , they may not have been a success but when they were signed their signing was widely lauded so signing them doesnt make Tossa moron. You will also remember that the Crushers had a big lead in time till they actually played and clubs locked in the best talent so the Crushers had little chance to recruit from within the game and had to look to union and overseas. They also recruited and developed a side that won the U/21 comp in I think it was 1996 so I guess the complete morons must have just gotten lucky!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Did u really think Morgan would b a good signing.
The money he was on to be a reserve grade reserve was laughable.
Won the u21 comp. Wow!
They had every chance but made very bad decisions.
You sound like u were on the board.
Might explain your opinions. But nothing will change the FACT. Yeah that's right FACT they were very poorly run. They were doomed to failure the moment the signed Morgan.
How much effect did it have on the side when a player who can't even make the reserve grade side is on up to 4 times the starters in first grade?
But it was all the Broncos fault.
Mate u have nfi.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
the fact is that they were signed by the Crushers , in your opinion they were crap but the issue is your statement that Dick Turner was a complete moron. Ellis and Ford were test players and Morgan an athletic union test player with a league back ground , they may not have been a success but when they were signed their signing was widely lauded so signing them doesnt make Tossa moron. You will also remember that the Crushers had a big lead in time till they actually played and clubs locked in the best talent so the Crushers had little chance to recruit from within the game and had to look to union and overseas. They also recruited and developed a side that won the U/21 comp in I think it was 1996 so I guess the complete morons must have just gotten lucky!

The crushers (terrible branding by the way) were granted admission in 92 their first game was 95 thats plenty of time to assemble a decent roster. They competed for 3 seasons winning the wooden spoon in the last 2. So you claim they were well run. Their best season was their FIRST season then they got WORSE how do you come to the conclusion they were well run.

Ps it was all the broncos fault.

RUG13Y

Juniors
Crushers had to complete for players with three other new clubs. Auckland, North Queensland and Western Reds.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The crushers spent a lot of money on crap it's that simple.
There would have been better players available for less money they just made terrible decision.
Hell a Brick would have contributed more than Garrick Morgan.

gyallop

Juniors
I wasnt on the board but it annoys me when people make rubbish comments and then back it up with kindergarten bully tactics. You can call your opinions fact as many times as you want but they remain simply your opinion and from your puerile comments ill informed ones as you are literally clueless about the game given your comments in my opinion but in your world that is a fact!

paulmac

Juniors
Whilst Garrick Morgan was on big money ,at that time RU players didn't count on the salary cap.Bob Lindner was perhaps the no 2 backrower of his era behind only Brad Clyde and was originally signed as a player.Thier youth program was the original club of the now Broncos captain.So although mistakes were made if not for Super League Im sure the crushers would be with us and flying today.

dimitri

First Grade
Whilst Garrick Morgan was on big money ,at that time RU players didn't count on the salary cap.Bob Lindner was perhaps the no 2 backrower of his era behind only Brad Clyde and was originally signed as a player.Thier youth program was the original club of the now Broncos captain.So although mistakes were made if not for Super League Im sure the crushers would be with us and flying today.

also didnt the old crushers leagues club become a Brothers Leagues Club recently

http://crushers.com.au/

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I dont think lindner had any intentions of playing.
Anyway 16th spoon spoon theh were really on the improve.
The support was there but they wetr run poorly.

But its all the broncos fault.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I wasnt on the board but it annoys me when people make rubbish comments and then back it up with kindergarten bully tactics. You can call your opinions fact as many times as you want but they remain simply your opinion and from your puerile comments ill informed ones as you are literally clueless about the game given your comments in my opinion but in your world that is a fact!

The difference between our posts is IM producing facts and you are responding with excuses.

Diesel

Referee
The Crushers so had to put up with News Ltd bashing them senselessly and up against a successful Broncos team. If they were still here now they'd be a successful team and IMO be very Storm-esq.
Any new club takes a while to find it's feet, it's unfair to judge the Reds or Crushers on much at all as SL and it's timing didn't help.

Diesel

Referee
Agreed.

Shit name, and the Bombers name has been through the mid with ASADA and these marketing clowns still think its a good name to use. The bid has a corporate/plastic feel to it, and they are basing themselves and their catchment on the northside which is really alienating themselves from the Southern and Western parts of Brisbane as well as Logan, Redlands and Ipswich.

Latest posts