What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

gUt

Coach
Can't wait to see how Jack Reed backs up a stellar rookie year and a great series for England. The kid could be anything.

Big Pete

Referee
I'll be very interested to see how he handles next season. This year you kind of felt like he approached every game like it was his last and he was living the dream. It will be interesting to see how he performs when that enthusiasm dries up.

christopher

Juniors
Norman is 95-ish this week. He was 90-91 last season.
He's at ideal weight now. A lot taller in the flesh then you would imagine and this year his weight caught up with his height.
McGuire has been told to add 3 kilos of lean mass before next season.

Big Pete

Referee
A new gallery on the Broncos website reveals some of the NYC boys who are training with the senior squad. They are...

Mitchell Frei
Jarrod Wallace
Jordan Kahu
Daniel Wallace
Matt Smith
Lachlan Maranta

Also looking at the QRL transfers list it can be confirmed that Matt Britt (Burleigh) and Kurtis Lingwoodock (Ipswich) have been released

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
so has kahu fully recovered from knee reco?

ot: referring QRL transfers list javarn white has joined titans. wonder if he gets a run. pretty talented guy.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Same. Out of all the prospects Norman has the better long-kicking game. Lockyer could clear us out of trouble with his boot, Wallace hasn't shown enough to show he can as well.

Yeah I agree. Wallace does not have a big kick. His bombs are terrible.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Maybe it has something to do with the Broncs being very well served in the area...

Civo
Hannant
McGuire
Hala
Dodds
Anderson

or maybe just home sickness I suppose.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Starling is a mate of mine and yes he did go back because of better opportunity as well as more cash and longer deal and on top of that he is a massive souths fan, he is stoked with what happened although he did like it up at brisbane

Big Pete

Referee
Former Broncos NYC and Norths Devils backrow Brendon Gibb returns to Brisbane.

I think he's a handy addition to our backrow who can be an asset around Origin time.

In older news...

Dale Copley, Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett & Ben Te'o have made the Queensland Emerging Squad. The selection of Copley in particular was quite surprising given his experience but personally I'm happy for him and I hope he can take something out of the experience.

The dream debut of Jack Reed continues to get better and better being the most selected player in the initial stage of the All-Star polling. The selection shouldn't come as too much of a surprise however as the majority of the Broncos backline is Indigenous. Still it's a fantastic achievement and who ever would have thought Jack would have made such a big impact this time last year? Fellow Bronco Petero Civoniceiva joins Jack Reed in the Top 10 making him the most selected Broncos forward. Voting closes at 11:59pm (DLS Time) on December 23rd at which point a short list of 64 players will be selected (Top 2 Backs and Top 2 Forwards for each club) so make sure you have your say in the biggest selection table in Rugby League.

3 Brisbane players were selected for the Indigenous All-Star team in Jharal Yow Yeh, Justin Hodges & Sam Thaiday. If Hodges does play, it will be his debut game.

Southern Cross

Juniors
I also think Gibb is a good back up.Havent heard much about Luke Capewell think he might reach his potential this year he has plenty of ability.

Big Pete

Referee
Final Four Broncos All-Stars

Jack Reed
Petero Civoniceiva
Corey Parker
Gerard Beale

Make your vote count.

Latest posts