What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
bloody hell please everybody have a bit of perspective
- we have one of the youngest squads in the league
- we were without lockyer
- we had a backrower playing at 5/8 (who i thought actually did allright considering the circumstances)
- the youthfullness of the side means that they are going to continue to improve
- the expereince of the finals
- and finally WE MISSED OUT ON THE GF BY ONE MATCH,

Stop the scaremongering

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
You guys will be fine next year. Strong forwards, will give the new halves combo plenty of space and time to develop a good understanding of each others game. I expect McCulloch to really have a break out year as well. He was great this season, but I think next year he's going to really stamp himself on the comp.

hellteam

First Grade
Around 6th I reckon. Would be disappointed if we didn't make the 8, but it's not out of the question really.

Smiley

Bench
Will drop a few spots without Lockyer but should still be in the Top 6.

My side.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Peter Wallace
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Ben Te'o
16. Matt Gillett
17. Josh McGuire

18. Corey Norman
19. Luke Capewell
20. Dale Copley
21. Dane Gagai
22. Scott Anderson
23. Mitchell Dodds
24. David Hala
25. Nick Kenny
26. Dunamis Lui
27. Nick Slyney
28. Josh Starling
29. Dane Carlaw

Plenty of depth.

Mr Fourex

Bench
That's the team pretty much how I see it as well Smiley........

Big season ahead for Ben Hunt and Corey Norman.

I see our halves as being the only real weak links in the side, which is concerning being the amount of importance placed on those positions.

More than happy to be proven wrong

but

I think eventually we will have to look outside the existing playing ranks for a match winning play maker.

beads6

First Grade
Petro comes off the bench in my side. Mcguire deserves to start if he is going to play close to 80 mins per game.

Koopa111

Juniors
To be honest i thinkl Hannant is the one that should come off the bench was pretty dissapointing this season.

8. Mcguire
10. Civ

17. Hannant

beads6

First Grade
To be honest i thinkl Hannant is the one that should come off the bench was pretty dissapointing this season.

8. Mcguire
10. Civ

17. Hannant

Fair enough call but I can't see Hannant being as poor next year as he was this year. Needs a big pre season, he looked unfit.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Fair enough call but I can't see Hannant being as poor next year as he was this year. Needs a big pre season, he looked unfit.

Agreed.......I think he was carrying various injuries for most of this season as well. (knee , calf ? )

The way McGuire finished the year I guess he does deserve the starting prop role more so than Hannant.

I can't agree with Civo coming off the bench though. For mine he has to start.

Goddy

Juniors
Petro coming back in is a big plus, as he can be a quick replacement as Captain if Thaiday continues to fail.

I still think we are in need of a better 5/8th then Norman/Hunt.

beads6

First Grade
Petro coming back in is a big plus, as he can be a quick replacement as Captain if Thaiday continues to fail.

I still think we are in need of a better 5/8th then Norman/Hunt.

Serious you are not the full quid. You don't have a clue.

Goddy

Juniors
Serious you are not the full quid. You don't have a clue.

If you've got a better idea, I'd like to hear it. Alex Glenn did a good job, but he is still too young and inexperienced to take the roll on full time.

beads6

First Grade
If you've got a better idea, I'd like to hear it. Alex Glenn did a good job, but he is still too young and inexperienced to take the roll on full time.

I don't need a better idea, Sam Thaiday hasn't failed as captain and he won't fail as Captain. We won't give Petro the captaincy. If Thaiday is injured or on Origin duty the Captaincy will go to Parker or Glenn.

Goddy

Juniors
I don't need a better idea, Sam Thaiday hasn't failed as captain and he won't fail as Captain. We won't give Petro the captaincy. If Thaiday is injured or on Origin duty the Captaincy will go to Parker or Glenn.

I hope you're right, but I'll remember you said that.

Latest posts