What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

diddi kong

Juniors
Thaiday was good as captain, in saying that glenn will be a great captain. We werent far off even on our bad day, if we got the rub of the green it would have been a different result. that reed/copley thiung was the one of the most unfortunate things to happen on a field, the copley drop and gilett hold up also, and hala managing to run into parker was unbelievable.

our props had a bad night comparativelyto the rest of the year. mcgurie only averaged 7 m per run and hannant has been pretty poor for a while now. anderson needs no comment and hala only got 6 minutes at the end.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Said this 2 years ago, we are paying 300K for an absolute spud, sure he can tackle..but has the creativity of a turnip! Seriously ship him off and start fresh.

AuDragon

Juniors
By Hook's own admission, Norman is being groomed as Locky's replacement, and I think he's intent on keeping the hooker rotation going with Macca and Hunt as it is now.

In my view, Norman and Capewell (rumor is this kid only needs confidence to be very good) will vye for the halves opening, and only if neither cuts the mustard will he look at Hunt, then Beale and as last resort Qcup or U20's.

Possible options:

1- Hoffman
6- Norman/Capewell
7- Wallace
9- Macca/Hunt

1- Hoffman
6- Wallace
7- Hunt
9- Macca/Baptiste

Going by this year's form and potential, my team would be:

1- Hoffman
2- Beale (wasted here, would really like to give Gagai a chance)
3- Reed
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Norman/Capewell
7- Wallace
8- Hannant (if healed from groin injury and fully fit)
9- McCullough
10-Civoneciva
11-Glenn
12-Thaiday
13-Parker

14-Hunt
15-Gillett
16-Te'o
17-McGuire

We have such a potent forward line that players like Anderson, Hala, Dodds, Lui, Kenny and Carlaw don't get a look in, and Let's not forget there's a couple of young guns in the U20's waiting for a chance too.

Our ranks in the backs are a bit thin, with Copley and Gagai as the only options to cover wing/centre positions, although Te'o, Glenn and even Gillett will do a good job in the centres.

I truly don't know what to do with Beale. He's such a talent, but I can't place him in the 17... :?
He probably pips Hoffman in attack, but is nowhere near as good in defense. He's wasted on the wing, as he has little room to move and utilise his offensive skills, and doesn't have that uncanny ability to find the try line. He's defensively not strong enough to take Hodgo or Reed's centre position, and he doesn't have the kicking game to make it in the halves.
Having said that, I fully expect Griffin to keep him on the wing, if anything not to loose him to another club...

All in all, I have no doubt we'll be very competitive in the coming seasons. How competitive? Depends on how good Norman, Capewell or Hunt go in the halves.

Most importantly, Paul White, Andrew Gee and Anthony Griffin restored the pride in the jersey, the camaraderie and willingness to give everything on the paddock for your team mates and the respect/fear/envy from others that we had lost under Cullen/Henkak!

Will they deliver a premiership? I hope so and I believe we have the material to do it, but I want to see what this team is capable of without Lockyer and the emotion of sending him off...

Last edited:
Calm down we are fine. The squad will be that much better next year it wont be funny. If only we would turn hoffman into some kind of playmaker, he would be very hard to handle running the ball.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Most importantly, Paul White, Andrew Gee and Anthony Griffin restored the pride in the jersey, the camaraderie and willingness to give everything on the paddock for your team mates and the respect/fear/envy from others that we had lost under Cullen/Henkak!

Well said......

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think either give Ben Hunt a go in the halves or get rid of him. I'd rather him not be the bench hooker if we go with Norman at 5/8 as we run the risk of losing Baptiste. I think we need to blood this guy next year.

I think AuDragon hit the nail on the head with respect to how we will go next year. It all depends on how well we fill the halves. We are very solid around the rest of the park.

50. Copley

Get rid of the joker.

Who knows, I didn't think gillett played that bad at 5/8. I cant see either hunt or norman being the long term half. Gagai needs to come into the squad before some other team takes him and turns him into a mental fullback.

hellteam

First Grade
Capewell's our man I reckon.

We do need to keep Beale in our starting side, teams like the Tigers would kill to have him at FB. I'm sure someone would be pick him up straight away if they got a sniff.

qld aussie

Juniors
Who knows, I didn't think gillett played that bad at 5/8. I cant see either hunt or norman being the long term half. Gagai needs to come into the squad before some other team takes him and turns him into a mental fullback.[/QUOTE]

After watching replay maybe it would be wurth given gillett a pre seaason at 5/8 he shows promise in any position he plays.

qld aussie

Juniors
Who knows, I didn't think gillett played that bad at 5/8. I cant see either hunt or norman being the long term half.

Wood be interesting to see if gillett gets pre season trial at 5/8 shows promise at any position he plays. If hunt or norman are in the runnin for 5/8 2012 their gunna have to work hard on their d cause it aint up to standard at moment.

broncos2010

Juniors
Cronk ?

Anyone who thinks either hunt or norman can lead us to a premiership is in dreamland. Also Wallace is no good alone we need someone special and cronk would be good. Throw the bank at him do anything possible.

beads6

First Grade
Cronk ?

Anyone who thinks either hunt or norman can lead us to a premiership is in dreamland. Also Wallace is no good alone we need someone special and cronk would be good. Throw the bank at him do anything possible.

Cronk was really special last night. Anyone who think we will actually be able to sign Cronk is in Dreamland.

AceAv

Juniors
Id take cronk any day of the week -one flat game last night means nothing compared to what he and slater pulls off. I think they are both happy where they are tho ;/ -We'll breed a new 5/8 -may take a while so I do hope Wallace can learn to kick like Lockyer

Latest posts