What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos after 2019 finals

Knight Vision

First Grade
Have a look at the track record of teams following a Bennett stint:

Broncos in the Henjak era: Rubbish
Dragons post 2010/11: Rubbish
Knights post Tinkler/Bennett: Rubbish +++
Broncos 2019 Rubbish ++
which would suggest Bennett leaves a club at just the right time......and in a far worse condition.

Broncos - to 2006 was a great time for endless 3rd parties - GFC hits 3rd parties dry up and Bennett is out the door

Dragons - a ready made team primed for a Premiership. Does what he has to do to win one and out the door before the repercussions of the salary cap mess.

Knights - with little of the promised 3rd parties to deliver and is out the door before the repercussions of the salary cap mess

Broncos - 3rd parties still scarce on the ground = not winning.

Souths arrives with a ready made team .....to be continued.

King hit

Coach
Have a look at the track record of teams following a Bennett stint:

Broncos in the Henjak era: Rubbish
Dragons post 2010/11: Rubbish
Knights post Tinkler/Bennett: Rubbish +++
Broncos 2019 Rubbish ++

Yet people are still in denial about this

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
forget the roster and coach and perform a total review of management.

That the Broncos have such a huge advantage over every other NRL club and have failed to regularly win Premierships is an indictment on the culture and ultimately the management of the club.

A 1 city team like the Broncos should have at least 50,000 members for a start.

The best thing to happen to the Broncos will be to have a second team in Brisbane to snap them out of their arrogance and lack of effort at a management level, then comes the winning on the field.

The glory days of winning with a stacked deck are well and truly over.

110% correct. The architect of the destruction of the Bronco's is none other than Paul White. He is the one that signs the cheques, not the coach or the recruitment manager. He is ultimately accountable for the performance of the club. He is responsible for the coaching fiasco that took place, allowing such an imbalanced roster.

There is talk that he might take over Greenberg in the near future. I never thought I would say this but I hope Greenberg goes nowhere, if this imposter is hoping for the top job.

Exsilium

First Grade
Every club needs to hit rock bottom before the administration, players and fans can realise the writing was on the wall.

Broncos, especially being a one team town, have escaped plenty of criticism in the past and have patch repaired their organisation on several occasions.

If a 58-0 drubbing in the finals is the catalyst for change, then so be it. It needed to happen and it has.

They will be fine.

Knight Vision

First Grade
110% correct. The architect of the destruction of the Bronco's is none other than Paul White. He is the one that signs the cheques, not the coach or the recruitment manager. He is ultimately accountable for the performance of the club. He is responsible for the coaching fiasco that took place, allowing such an imbalanced roster.

There is talk that he might take over Greenberg in the near future. I never thought I would say this but I hope Greenberg goes nowhere, if this imposter is hoping for the top job.
no doubt a degree of nepotism has played a part.

What on earth is Lockyer doing as a director ? An advisor I could understand but presiding over governance interviewing prospective coaches ? WTF.....

Lockyer is best suited as a media personality or endorsing a hair products company.

macavity

Referee
Every club needs to hit rock bottom before the administration, players and fans can realise the writing was on the wall.

Broncos, especially being a one team town, have escaped plenty of criticism in the past and have patch repaired their organisation on several occasions.

If a 58-0 drubbing in the finals is the catalyst for change, then so be it. It needed to happen and it has.

They will be fine.

If that is rock bottom they have lived a ridiculously charmed existence

Can I just say a big f**k you to all the Broncos critics.......don't change a thing Broncos, don't change a damn thing!

She'll be right. Seibs and Darius will march this mighty club through this. Whatever you do persist with that killer spine...

Happy days are here again! Alby

txta2

Bench
They just need to continue with current coach, playing group seem to like him...lol

Canard

Immortal

They will be fine.

They've "changed" four coaches since 2009.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I can't get my head around how simpletons like Lote Tuqiri can't see that being out playing the brickies laptop until 11pm, in an environment like a Sydney pub (even if you're not drinking) is contradictory to being adequately prepared for a sudden-death semi-final the next day.

I can't get my head around how simpletons like Lote Tuqiri can't see that being out playing the brickies laptop until 11pm, in an environment like a Sydney pub (even if you're not drinking) is contradictory to being adequately prepared for a sudden-death semi-final the next day.

Steve Mavin-esque LOLs...but better.

moffla

Bench
The going out the night before a hue game wouldn't happen under any other coach in the top 8 I feel.

The whole Mr Nice Guy approach form Seibold will not work. It just breeds an entitled attitude from younger players, and older players like Darius feel they'll get their way if they dig their feet in,

Of course players have to shoulder some blame, but the coach is a f**king walkover. The fans deserve better tbh

It's been fun seeing Broncos struggle though

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Paul white must have sacked Bennett for Seibold against his news limited bosses,
I have never seen a year where the Sydney media ( namely fox and DT) have gone after them and been hammering them like they do Sydney clubs

I like it , let them get hammered and put under the microscope for once

LineBall

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...aWsub1ZSkiYwPWh9Koky1H0ZqjJ8rCWfPPrwcoh7QtdEQ

Brisbane’s disastrous end to their 2019 season has deteriorated even further with fresh revelations of senior players set to be turfed out.
On a huge day for the club as players attended Broncos headquarters for their end-of-season reviews with coach Anthony Seibold, it has also now emerged:

— The door is reportedly open for the Broncos to join the race for former Cronulla star Valentine Holmes’ signature, despite the Cowboys reported to have a rich offer on the table to the New York Jets running back

— Captain Darius Boyd is set to be told he is not in the team’s plans for round one of the 2020 season;

— The Broncos will consider letting star utility Jack Bird leave a year early, if he receives offers from rival clubs; and

— Star No. 9 Andrew McCullough admitted his future at the club is uncertain.

Broncos players arrived at the club’s Red Hill training HQ on Wednesday morning ready to face the music from Seibold after it emerged on Tuesday six players were spotted inside a Sydney pub’s gaming area the night before their loss to Parramatta.

743f8b3e36165cd0531f1232f1b8044a

Jack Bird is essentially a free agent.Source: Getty Images
It followed speculation that Seibold has “lost” some of the players in his team and reports Boyd is set to be replaced as captain.

Boyd and the Broncos have denied the reports he is set to handover the leadership role, but his position of seniority appears untenable, given fresh revelations the former Queensland star is not even in the club’s plans for round one of the 2020 season.

Channel 7’s Chris Garry reports the Broncos will tell Boyd he is not in the team’s plans for next season — forcing the club to find a new skipper.

Garry told Macquarie Sports Radio the club could have the difficult conversation with Boyd as early as Wednesday’s end-of-season review meetings.

He said the club has made it clear Boyd will not reach the 15-games threshold in 2020 that he needs to unlock the clause in his contract that activates an additional year in his deal, taking him through to the end of the 2021 season.

“The bigger issue for Brisbane is what on Earth are they going to do next year,” Garry said.

“They don’t want Darius Boyd there. They don’t want Andrew McCullough there. But how are they going to clear that space in their cap? Who’s going to buy them? That’s the problem they face.

“He’s not going to play 15 games next year. That’s the conversation they’ll have and then they’ll figure out a way for him to exit gracefully.

“He’s won a premiership at the club, he’s a great figure at the club, he won’t get turfed out, but he’ll also be told that he’s not in the team for round one.”

d43e101b45d076e8bc2c277e0d8ed4f1

Darius Boyd ‘won’t play round one’.Source: AAP
Bird is also on the outer as the club tries to find a way to free up salary cap space to retain its young squad of stars — and potentially enter the market for a playmaker capable of guiding the team around the park.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie reported on Wednesday the Broncos won’t stand in Bird’s way if he accepts an offer from a club in Sydney.

Bird is also contracted through to the end of 2020.

“He’s got another season up there, he’s become the forgotten man of rugby league up there,” Ritchie told Sky Sports Radio.

“He played State of Origin only a few years ago. At the moment Brisbane are saying they want to keep him. From November 1, he can begin to field offers officially.

“They’re saying they want to keep him, but there is a bit of scuttlebutt around the Bronco world that if another offer does come along, he could consider it.

“So if there’s a bit of interest from one of the Sydney clubs, which I’m told there may well be… they’d consider letting him go.

“If he can get another offer and if he can get the right money, than I think you’ll find the Broncos would let him out of that final year.”

Latest posts