What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos sack coach Ivan Henjak

badav

Bench
Yeah, plenty of things have been written about Ivan Henjak. But if this is true is pretty ridiculous for him to be sacked after a full pre season but before Rd1.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...oach-ivan-henjak/story-e6frfgbo-1226009581596

Brisbane Broncos sack coach Ivan Henjak

* EXCLUSIVE by Phil Rothfield
* February 21, 2011 5:24PM

BRISBANE Broncos have today sacked coach Ivan Henjak just three weeks before the premiership kick off.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Henjak has been given three months pay on the condition of strict confidentiality over the issues surrounding his departure.

The Broncos have named Anthony Griffin as the caretaker coach. Griffin was Henjak's assistant at the Broncos.

Rumours of Henjak's demise have been circulating for months because of his apparent lack of communication with senior players.

Only last week I named Henjak as the coach most likely to be sacked this season.

More to come

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Talk a bout a poisoned chalice coming up for whoever gets that gig now.

What are Phil Economidis & Artie Kitinas up to for this year work wise?

Interesting and juicy stuff. Gotta love your league.

EDIT - Just saw Griffin has been appointed. He'll get the sweetener of having the head assistant role besides one Wayne Bennett in 2012 me thinks.

Talanexor

Juniors
Wow. The fact that he got sacked doesn't surprise me as much as the time. Surely if they were going to get rid of him, it would have been at the end of last year, or at least midway through this season.

beave

Coach
There's got to be more to this story than just a pure sacking for the sake of poor performances or a clash of egos.

applesauce

Bench
Better to get rid of him now I guess (not that I like it). God knows he would be copping it from the media left, right and centre all season. Less distractions now but could of been dealt with earlier so it doesn't run into the start of the season.

BDGS

Bench
On the same day as the Brisbane 2 bid launch.

Is there any connection?????

Probably not, would be funny if thats how it worked out though.

applesauce

Bench
On the same day as the Brisbane 2 bid launch.

Is there any connection?????

Probably not, would be funny if thats how it worked out though.

If they did it earlier in the day it would of killed a bit of the hype/exposure.

Amazing - he was never going to survive the year but surely they could have done it earlier. Can't see the caretaker doing much until they make a decision. Timing is just terrible.

If Bennett wants to return to the Broncos, they will welcome with open arms.

smithie

Juniors
Looks like Broncos want Bennett back before anyone else grabs him, Brisbane II included.

Would love to see Brisbane Broncos (coached by Bennett) vs. Brisbane ________ (coached by Meninga).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thus ends the reign of Ivan the Terrible.
Who is the next coach? Bennett? Bellamy? Sheens? Folkes? Meninga?

dogslife

Coach
Piss poor timing. I agree Henjak needed to go but this should have been done at the end of last season. Wayne Bennett will not go back to the Broncos either with the current administration running things, it's the major reason he left in the first place

adamkungl

Immortal
Rothfield is such a f**king poor journalist.

Only last week I named Henjak as the coach most likely to be sacked this season.

Self promoting rubbish like this should not be in news articles.

Eels Dude

Coach
3 weeks before kickoff is crazy. And just hand over the reigns to an assistant coach who has done what exactly? Obviously it's a ploy to get Wayne Bennett back, but surely this will just disrupt the team after a whole off season and game plans and combinations devised by Henjak.