What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Signings 2010

Big Pete

Referee
They won't sign Tate. He asks for more money than Folau n co.

:lol: No way! Wasn't Folau after a good 400K+?

I would not pay a cent over 200K and even then I'd consider it a gamble given the Broncos talented depth and his inability to play well on the left.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
:lol: No way! Wasn't Folau after a good 400K+?

I would not pay a cent over 200K and even then I'd consider it a gamble given the Broncos talented depth and his inability to play well on the left.

I didn't say Tate earned more money than Folau. I said he was more greedy and asked for way more than what he is worth. He has a big say with his management. Folau basically left it up to his manager and took the biggest, most appropirate offer.

Big Pete

Referee
No one is saying Tate is earning anything.

I'm just saying it's hilarious that he's after more than a player like Folau.

Big Pete

Referee
Awesome.

Was a little concerned when he acquired the services of the same manager as Folau, but it's good to see him stay with the club.

beads6

First Grade
I have been a harsh critic of Te'o but I am wrapped with signing him up for a few more years.. Te'o is playing to his potential now, he looks like one of the better second rowers in the game.

Dazzat

First Grade
Te'o is shaping as our new Tunza (both from NZ originally and both now Queenslanders).

Attacking forward with great hitting power. Te'o's footwork is exceptional for a big man. Very light on his feet. With Teo on one side of the field and Gillett on the other, we're looking good for attacking options.

David Taylor? Who's he again?

beads6

First Grade
Te'o is shaping as our new Tunza (both from NZ originally and both now Queenslanders).

Attacking forward with great hitting power. Te'o's footwork is exceptional for a big man. Very light on his feet. With Teo on one side of the field and Gillett on the other, we're looking good for attacking options.

David Taylor? Who's he again?

He is that bloke who debuted for QLD this year... Freakish talent and a crowd favourite....:crazy:

AuDragon

Juniors
He is that bloke who debuted for QLD this year... Freakish talent and a crowd favourite....:crazy:
No doubt about that, but I think what Daz meant was that with this Te'o and Gillett, the loss of Taylor is barely felt...
I haven't followed Taylor at Souths, but I thought he always was a bit of a liability in defense. I've been more impressed with Gillett than I was with Taylor for that reason.

Can we really complain when we look at our current backrow?

- Parker
- Thaiday
- Te'o
- Gillett
- Glenn

And let's not forget they are all 80 minutes players and the last three can easily fill the centre position in case of need!
We need to hold on to them, because they're worth their weight in gold. :cool:

Big Pete

Referee
The article also lists Norman as re-signing with the Broncos.

Credit to nopatience1 for spotting that.

Dazzat

First Grade
No doubt about that, but I think what Daz meant was that with this Te'o and Gillett, the loss of Taylor is barely felt...
I haven't followed Taylor at Souths, but I thought he always was a bit of a liability in defense. I've been more impressed with Gillett than I was with Taylor for that reason.

Exactly ... what I like about Gillett is he came on the scene without fanfare ... and has absolutely stunned everyone.

Taylor ... came on the scene with much fanfare (most of it deserved) but under-delivered on so many occasions.

I'm probably like most people ... I love surprises ... and Gillett is probably the biggest surprise in a player I've seen for some time. And Te'o's development isn't far behind.

I'm a huge fan of Taylor ... but there's every reason to believe that Gillett and perhaps Te'o will be just as influential in the coming years.

screeder

Juniors
I know you're probably 12 so you don't work but you tell us all where you work if you do, how old are you, how much you get paid, what you look like etc etc then I'll think about telling you the details surrounding Michaels.

Just tell us what he's on wanker. You obviously don't know. F*ck you speak some sh*t.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Just tell us what he's on wanker. You obviously don't know. F*ck you speak some sh*t.

LOL I talk sh*t hahaha. Ever read some of the crap you have posted? I posted the range he was on FFS. Israel Folau isn't on exactly 6 million is he. That's just a figure the media have rounded up. Why do you need to know specific amounts to the dollar? One with some intelligence would have 'guessed' his salary would have been about half way between the range I listed but obviously that isn't you.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
What do u reckon our best forward pack is?

Do you think Thaiday should be shifted to prop for the rest of the season.

Maybe

Tronc - Macca - Thaiday
Gillet - Teo
Parker

Kenny, Glenn, Setu and Hunt on the Bench

Just a suggestion.

AuDragon

Juniors

Maybe

Tronc - Macca - Thaiday
Gillet - Teo
Parker

Just a suggestion.

At this moment, I think Setu is going pretty well and Glenn is doing a good job at left centre, but I like your option too. Who would you put at centre?

DeeJ

Bench

Maybe

Tronc - Macca - Thaiday
Gillet - Teo
Parker

Just a suggestion.

Why would you put Thaiday at prop when he's been destructive out wide? Best second rower in the game at the moment so let's leave him there.

Latest posts