What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Signings 2010

Broncos fan!

Juniors
What do u reckon our best forward pack is?

Do you think Thaiday should be shifted to prop for the rest of the season.

Maybe

Tronc - Macca - Thaiday
Gillet - Teo
Parker

Kenny, Glenn, Setu and Hunt on the Bench

Just a suggestion.

I can see your point but there is no way that I would move Thaiday at the moment. He is the form backrower so far this year and arguably the form player of the comp. And this has been from him running on the fringes, not up the middle. At the moment our current front row seems to be holding their own so there is no reason to weaken one position to strengthen another.

8.Tronc
9.Macca
10.Kenny
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Parker
14.Hunt (Glenn at centre)
15.Gillett
16.Setu/Dodds
17.Sims/Dodds

Setu has been going fairly well lately and Sims has been ok, wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more games in a row. Dodds needs to pick up his hit up game a bit but his defence is quality.

diddi kong

Juniors
Are they planning to let McCullough go? Resigning Ben Hunt points to it. He's very good but do we wanna keep him now we've got Hunt who has been very good at hooker?

user_nat

Coach
No reason why we shouldn't keep both Hunt and McCullough. Even if Hunt's in better form than McCullough ATM, it would still be very good to have the depth.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Are they planning to let McCullough go? Resigning Ben Hunt points to it. He's very good but do we wanna keep him now we've got Hunt who has been very good at hooker?

Hunt has shown a couple of good games at hooker in games where we have played well and McCullough has played dozens of good games, shows more leadership and has a better work rate than Hunt IMO. At the moment McCullough is the better option in my eyes. Re-signing of Hunt definitely doesn't affect McCullough's future at the club because you always need depth. Plus there is a good chance that Hunt could end up replace Locky in the halves in the future.

diddi kong

Juniors
Hunt has shown a couple of good games at hooker in games where we have played well and McCullough has played dozens of good games, shows more leadership and has a better work rate than Hunt IMO. At the moment McCullough is the better option in my eyes. Re-signing of Hunt definitely doesn't affect McCullough's future at the club because you always need depth. Plus there is a good chance that Hunt could end up replace Locky in the halves in the future.

I'm not 100% on that. I'm pretty sure Corey Norman has been earmarked as Locky's replacement. Norman is a Five eight, where as Hunt is a halfback, he was Toyota cup player of the Year in 2008 at halfback. And we still got Wallace. Unless Wallace goes it looks like Hunt will have to nail down hooker. I like the playmaking ability he brings to hooker, in saying that McCullough's workload is very good.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I'm not 100% on that. I'm pretty sure Corey Norman has been earmarked as Locky's replacement. Norman is a Five eight, where as Hunt is a halfback, he was Toyota cup player of the Year in 2008 at halfback. And we still got Wallace. Unless Wallace goes it looks like Hunt will have to nail down hooker. I like the playmaking ability he brings to hooker, in saying that McCullough's workload is very good.

At the moment I would rather Norman replace Locky. I was just saying Hunt is an option there. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
At the moment I would rather Norman replace Locky. I was just saying Hunt is an option there. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Could the resigning of Hunt mean the end of Wallace in a couple of years when locky Leaves? Does Henjak see the future Halves as being Hunt and Norman?

I hope that the future halves is hunt and norman. I still think hunt has more to prove at halfback he just needs to allowed to play his natural game and not be forced out wide every time the ball comes out by Locky.

beads6

First Grade
Sad to see Winterstien go he has developed into a pretty decent winger, I wish him all the best at the Cowboys..

bfoord

Juniors
Could the resigning of Hunt mean the end of Wallace in a couple of years when locky Leaves? Does Henjak see the future Halves as being Hunt and Norman?

I hope that the future halves is hunt and norman. I still think hunt has more to prove at halfback he just needs to allowed to play his natural game and not be forced out wide every time the ball comes out by Locky.

Wallace is very important to our team, he is very under-rated by many people. besides i think Hunt's future in the NRL is at hooker no in the halves.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
As is Krisnan Inu who from memory may have left the religion so that he didn't have to go on his religious mission as he had just broken into the parra first team.

Broncos93

Juniors
I think you'll find that setu is a mormon. He's supposedly going on a mission similar to that of jordan rapana from the titans. Israel Folau also is a mormon.

Apparently your salary means more than your religion to Israel though :lol:
I recall there being rumours a few years ago that Folau would be giving up first grade for a year for his mission. That was when he was still at Melbourne.

JW

Coach
Apparently your salary means more than your religion to Israel though :lol:

Aren't Mormons required to give a certain percentage (10%?) of their personal income to the church? If that's the case, then they may have cleaned up with Izzy's Fumbleball deal.