What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

I'm absolutely praying this is not true. I've dedicated so much time and money into supporting my club and if this is true then its not only a slap in the face to the other clubs and other clubs fans, but also to the Broncos fans.

redvscotty

First Grade
Kick them out of the comp.

Absolutely disgraceful.

And on the eve of State of Origin 1. First they can't sell out a SoO game at Suncorp and now they think they can blatantly rort the cap for their own gain.

'Home of Rugby League' my arse.

carcharias

Immortal
it's turning into a nothing report

450k over 3 seasons is 150k a season..

I'd imagine Ch9 are shitting themselves and sweeping has hard as they can.
Dave smith his holding the carpet up while Gyng does the sweeping.

As if this will go anywhere.

Kiwi

First Grade
450k over 2012-2014 period according to Paul White

Not good, but not nearly as bad as being made out. 150k a year for three years is hardly worth stripping of points ect. Maybe a fine at worst, some clubs have been fined for similar amounts through out the years. The best thing is the Broncos are the ones who brought it all to light, once they found out they got the NRL to investigate it all. Wouldn't have been to hard to make it go away without the NRL even knowing TBH, any club can make 150k a year disappear to players really.

I think there was a time when the Storm copped a fine because Kearny was being sponsored by the club sponsor, they got hit over 100k a year for it for about 3 years.

They'll get fined, other teams fans will sook about it for years to come and Milford will still be a Bronco in 2015. We'll sign a few other players, sack our inept coach and be strong on the field again and the whinging will get louder...business as usual.

blaza88z

Coach
breaching the cap is not nothing and you have no idea how much it is per year

it could be 300k one year and 75k for two others

when you read up on all the previous breaches, it's going to result in a fine and that's it.. obviously it's not good to be breaching the cap but when compared to other circumstances where clubs have systematically breached the cap.. it's nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rugby_League_salary_cap

oikee

Juniors
Hehe, you have to laugh, Andrew Gee in a senior role working for the Boncos, no wonder the club was going backwards.
The CEO is next, then Bring back wayne Bennett as operations manager and Kevvie Walters as Coach.

This club is heading towards 10 years without even looking like winning a premiership.
On average they are supposed to win a premiership every 6 years, so something has gone terribly wrong and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Brisbane Broncos should be selling out Suncorp every weekend. While the NRL allows this code run like a basketcase and lets clubs like Parra and Brisbane rot on the vine, this code will never grow.

morley101

Juniors
White throws Gee under the truck.. Imagine a CEO that doesn't know the contents of
of all the players contracts

ggmu

Juniors
Kick them out of the comp.

Absolutely disgraceful.

And on the eve of State of Origin 1. First they can't sell out a SoO game at Suncorp and now they think they can blatantly rort the cap for their own gain.

'Home of Rugby League' my arse.

Haha defiantly kick us out. Then good luck getting any big sums of money in future tv deals. As much as no one will want to admit it the Broncos are the only reason the NRL got a shit load of money. The broncos carry this league.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Haha defiantly kick us out. Then good luck getting any big sums of money in future tv deals. As much as no one will want to admit it the Broncos are the only reason the NRL got a shit load of money. The broncos carry this league.

Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh thanks Broncos :sarcasm:

Give us the Bombers thanks.

As if this will result in anything close to expulsion. A fine and that's it.

But please, carrying the league? You muppets could be replaced by another Brisbane team in a heartbeat. And one that does not carry the baggage and attitude of self entitlement that your mob does.

oikee

Juniors

They lose the Broncos and all they have left is a glorified Sydney comp that nobody would give a shiote about.
The Melbourne big three would come back to Queensland, PNG would join a south east asia comp and Sydney would be taken over by aFL. Haha, you all be punching balls and kissing each other after kicking a ball between 4 sticks.
That sounds like Sydney in the future, maybe league is dead.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
They lose the Broncos and all they have left is a glorified Sydney comp that nobody would give a shiote about.
The Melbourne big three would come back to Queensland, PNG would join a south east asia comp and Sydney would be taken over by aFL. Haha, you all be punching balls and kissing each other after kicking a ball between 4 sticks.
That sounds like Sydney in the future, maybe league is dead.

PNG?? What the f*ck do they have to do with the NRL competition?

I swear you are some completely bent nutjob sitting at home covered in peanut butter getting your 27 cats to go to town on you.

Your IQ could not possibly be over the 70 mark.

ggmu

Juniors
PNG?? What the f*ck do they have to do with the NRL competition?

I swear you are some completely bent nutjob sitting at home covered in peanut butter getting your 27 cats to go to town on you.

Your IQ could not possibly be over the 70 mark.

Lol it's funny how precious some of u guys get. This is an Internet forum where people are gonna try to wind you up and it looks like it worked. You do know the more u reply to obvious trolls ( and I thought mine was) the more people are just gonna say random stuff to get more bites.