What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Fifitas was only a signed MoU, I would imagine the others have progressed well beyond that, but it shows clubs are not afforded the same luxery as players under the rd13 loophole to renege on convenience.

As per Fifitas however if Brisbane are not able to offer the TPA anymore which I think is what's going on ? then the contract will collapse which is exactly what happened with Fifitas .

blaza88z

Coach
we'll find out how bad it is in the coming days, part of me wants us to lose points so we inevitably get the spoon and Griffin gets the axe

insert.pause

First Grade
As per Fifitas however if Brisbane are not able to offer the TPA anymore which I think is what's going on ? then the contract will collapse which is exactly what happened with Fifitas .

it doesn't have anything to do with milford, its for players not paid 3rd party deals over the past 3 years, which if guaranteed could allow those players to leave. The only way i see it effecting milford is if the broncos are forced to pay the 500k and that puts them over the cap for next year and as a result are forced to shop players around, possibly including milford, but they can't just renege on him, he would have to consent to it. But that's a lot of assumptions.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
we'll find out how bad it is in the coming days, part of me wants us to lose points so we inevitably get the spoon and Griffin gets the axe

Cracking coach on the open market now blaza.

No chin, but BIG potential. You'll be playing Broncos footy in no time and well on your way to becoming a benchmark footy club

Bronco18

Juniors
Man everyone loves a dig at the Broncs don't they?

But seriously, @blaza88z, 500k is big and should be in points stripping territory. Test players are on that money. It's early days though, and I'm hopeful there's not much in it. The whole Andrew Gee 'resignation' makes me think there's something to it though, but we'll see :p. Fingers crossed that we just have to shed Kennedy/Barba.

insert.pause

First Grade
Man everyone loves a dig at the Broncs don't they?

But seriously, @blaza88z, 500k is big and should be in points stripping territory. Test players are on that money. It's early days though, and I'm hopeful there's not much in it. The whole Andrew Gee 'resignation' makes me think there's something to it though, but we'll see :p. Fingers crossed that we just have to shed Kennedy/Barba.

Over 3 years it's not that much

blaza88z

Coach
watching Rothfield on FSN, he said it's 500k or more over a few years, that really narrows it down given we haven't signed many players.. especially 2-3 years ago

I reckon it's Ben Hannant myself, perhaps that's why he wasn't getting game time a few weeks ago

lockyno1

Post Whore
Please tell me it means we have to sack our coach (yes a boy can dream)....I tell you it is all Griffin's fault!

Jason Maher

Immortal
They must be paying GI to play for souffs or some such. Can't imagine how they could be over the cap otherwise.

Latest posts