What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Canard

Immortal
Nothing to see here, it's all good.

Should be just a minor fine.

People are jealous

ASX listing means were are fine

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Broncs discovered an irregularity and immediately reported it to the NRL and advised them to investigate. That's more than the Storm and Bulldogs ever did. Nothing story.

beave

Coach
Broncos in deep shit??!!!!!????!!!!

little-kid-yes-116949218751.png

Generalzod

Immortal
Broncos over the salary cap surely not, I thought that the whole playing group took paycuts just to play for the broncos....That was the message that sycophantic journalist used to report.

I think its premature to be saying that the club will be losing points, copping a fine, or otherwise.

To me it doesn't really matter how much they breached the cap by after a certain point. It matter much more what the intent was. Plenty of clubs go over by $100k+ now and then due to rep player payments, 2nd tier breaches etc, and those aren't really that bad as they were not intending to cheat the cap.

A team that goes over by even $100k who is found to have knowingly subverted the cap through shady means, however, should be punished and punished severely.

Pretty much spot on.

some11

Referee
Fines won't make a meaningful difference to a club like the Broncos. Losing points will. But I still find it hard to believe it'll go that far. I still think the NRL will "come down hard" with some weak fine and that'll be the end of it.

I honestly wouldn't give a shit if we lost points or were told to offload players.

We're not winning the comp anyway and Barba & Kennedy are nuffies.

Big Pete

Referee
f**k this thread is hilarious. All the Bronco fans that have never had to sweat before are showing themselves to be the biggest apologists out there.

All the usual flies being drawn to this thread is just as funny tbh.

Danish

Referee
Probably not the smartest idea. We can afford to buy the biggest sword.

Having the biggest sword doesn't mean shit unless you've got the right man to swing it.

The way the bronc are going they'd toss it to Griffin who'd promptly chop his own legs off with it

GongPanther

Referee
The Broncs discovered an irregularity and immediately reported it to the NRL and advised them to investigate. That's more than the Storm and Bulldogs ever did. Nothing story.

I'm think the Panthers did the same thing about 3-4 years ago and where appropriately fined.

It was I think something to do with the 2nd tier payments which over-all amounted to pea-nuts in comparison to the figures in the Bronco's case.

If someone can correct me if I'm wrong,please do so.

Kiwi

First Grade
OK, so you know how much the breach was for each of the years then?

I assume you must if you are saying a fine is sufficient based on $450k over 3 years.

What if $350k of the breach is for this season?

And yes, I'm sure the Bronc's were just "checking things out" before going dutifully to the NRL. They are the Bronco's after all - the club that stands for all that is good and pure in the world.

they will cop a fine, even if say 350k is in one year. That is my opinion. 450k is fairly close to the Cowboys 200k a season in 2000 and 2001, it is the closest precedent. We can only speculate with the numbers released, there is no point in trying to say but what if there is more, no point unless they find more and release details. Knights in 2000 were almost 400k over the cap in a single year and just got a fine with the same scenario almost.

As for the last bit, show me proof sunshine, do we say your club does the same and makes sure there is nothing showing before any audits, not because they are playing by the rules but because they just need to make sure all their illegal activities are covered up well enough? All the bullshit innuendo is just that, bullshit innuendo someone like rothfield would be proud of.

Kiwi

First Grade
Having the biggest sword doesn't mean shit unless you've got the right man to swing it.

The way the bronc are going they'd toss it to Griffin who'd promptly chop his own legs off with it

As a Broncos fan that still counts as a win in our eyes.

Latest posts