What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

insert.pause

First Grade
and again, you try that today. take 300k from your work. don't tell anybody and wait until there is an investigation over it. then, suddenly pay it back. you'll be doing that though from either behind bars or your local centrelink office after you get released. its called embezzlement. how none of you bronco supporters can see that is beyond words.

Did you miss the part where he 'resigned' from both the leagues club board and as football GM? Whatever has happened it hasn't gone unpunished.

Canard

Immortal
Did you miss the part where he 'resigned' from both the leagues club board and as football GM? Whatever has happened it hasn't gone unpunished.

I hope one day that I can take 300K from my work, decide to pay it back much later and only get punished by "re-signing"

Danish

Referee
"In other news, a bank was robbed last week with Police were investigating the crime. However, this morning a bag of cash equating to the exact amount taken was delivered to the bank anonymously.

Police have decided to drop the investigation under the "no harm, no foul" rule."

Sound stupid?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He didn't re-sign he resigned.

We don't know what happened to be able to judge whether it was appropriate.

:lol::lol:

Yeah he quit because it was all above board and refuses to talk to anyone because nothing was wrong.

I want to live in your world for a day. Just to see what its like to live blissfully ignorant.

Anyway, really surprisingly nothing came of any of this. Who'd have thought...

insert.pause

First Grade
:lol::lol:

Yeah he quit because it was all above board and refuses to talk to anyone because nothing was wrong.

I want to live in your world for a day. Just to see what its like to live blissfully ignorant.

Anyway, really surprisingly nothing came of any of this. Who'd have thought...

I meant we don't know what happened to be able to judge whether his resignation was adequate or not.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I meant we don't know what happened to be able to judge whether his resignation was adequate or not.

Fair enough.

In my opinion the whole thing is putrid with underhanded dealings and it has had a nice big broom sweep it away.

Can't say its diminished my respect for the club though. That was at zero before this.

Bretto

Bench
Fair enough.

In my opinion the whole thing is putrid with underhanded dealings and it has had a nice big broom sweep it away.

Can't say its diminished my respect for the club though. That was at zero before this.

Surprisingly, no one actually gives a f**k.

Snappy

Coach
52618886.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
He didn't steal the money.

At this stage, its unconfirmed where the money went or how it was returned.

At the heart of the NRL investigation were a series of transactions, totalling $300,000, which went missing from Broncos Leagues Club accounts, triggering a separate internal audit.

Former Brisbane operations chief Andrew Gee, who resigned in May, was being investigated by Broncos Leagues over the six-figure void.

But despite months of forensic financial investigations, NRL auditors could not trace the missing money to the accounts of Broncos players.

Gee refused to assist with the NRL probe and was not compelled to because he had resigned as a Broncos employee.

The 25-year club legend, who quit when The Courier-Mail exposed the cap investigation, has since repaid the money and resigned a director of Broncos Leagues, which is still being investigated by ASIC over the scandal.

?It (the missing funds) was repaid before the end of the last financial year,? confirmed Broncos Leagues club chairman Bruno Cullen.

He would not comment further.

It is unknown where Gee, unemployed at the time, procured the money to repay Broncos Leagues. He did not return calls to The Courier-Mail on Tuesday.

At the time of his resignation, Gee said: ?I have nothing to say ... I have moved on.?

Now that the money has been repaid, the NRL says it has nothing to act on.

Six Broncos players ? Corey Parker, Ben Barba, Corey Oates, Martin Kennedy, Jarrod Wallace and incoming recruit Anthony Milford ? were interviewed by NRL auditors.

Gee was responsible for negotiating and signing off on all their contracts.

Financial searches of player-manager records also failed to uncover cash payments.

Whatever happened to the Leagues Club cash that Gee allegedly used remains a mystery.

The other mystery is how Gee managed to raise $300,000 to pay back the Leagues Club.

?Andrew Gee will go to his grave with that information,? said one source.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-for-finals-tilt/story-fnp0lyn3-1227045459141

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No but odd he returned it

Indeed it is, and as I've previously said, he's the one who needs to be investigated.

But if the Leagues Club doesn't want to press charges, and the NRL are powerless to investigate someone not hired by an NRL club, then what exactly can be done?

Bretto

Bench
Indeed it is, and as I've previously said, he's the one who needs to be investigated.

But if the Leagues Club doesn't want to press charges, and the NRL are powerless to investigate someone not hired by an NRL club, then what exactly can be done?

That's easy - make wild accusations against the Broncos with no proof of any wrong doing.

oikee

Juniors
Who gives a bullocks, it is a big joke anyhow.

How can a team that is devoid of any real superstars for the last 5 years , or since Lockyer retired, be over the cap.
You have Sydney teams like the Roosters Manly Bulldogs and Bunnies stacked with internationals and Origin players,,,, somehow magically staying under the cap.
The Roosters with their 15 internationals and Origin stars also seemed to be able to sign one of the best up and coming juniors in the game. Hastings.
In the meantime the Raiders, Titans,Cronulla, Cows and Warriors continue to be 1 million miles away from ever winning a premiership.

Yes, Dave Smith, the shonky Sydney cap and evening out the talent is really working a treat,,,????

IF YOUR A SYDNEY CLUB.

Latest posts