What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

blaza88z

Coach
I very much doubt there is much to this, if there is the NRL certainly wont come down on them hard... but f**k i'd laugh if this causes the Milford/Barba deals to go belly up... id f**king laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

It's high time the Broncos got whats coming to them, fingers crossed this is it.

I agree, it's been 8 years.. about time we won another comp

El Diablo

Post Whore
also how can it be Milford's deal under the microscope when another article is saying players have not yet been paid

f**k me, how much is he on

it doesn't sound like it could be Milford if the player is complaining about not being paid

seanoff

Juniors
not paid, but it will be.

if the ponies have guaranteed the third party deals any lawyer is getting that money, probably from the ponies.

"guarantee - an undertaking to answer for the payment or performance of another person's debt or obligation in the event of a default by the person primarily responsible for it."

so if the third party aren't paying, the broncs most certainly are.

they are $500K over. slice it anyway you want.

insert.pause

First Grade
People hoping for a storm like scandal are going to be disappointed, as a publicly listed company the Broncos board members and administration would face jail time, they are also audited to the hilt in compliance with listing rules. This is in all likelihood a technical oversight. It's not even significant enough concern to warrant an asx announcement.

Last edited:

MacDougall

First Grade
Best case scenario;

Broncos forced to reneg on Milford deal. Raiders take him back and reneg on Tedesco deal. Tedesco stays at Wests. Broncos suck for another year.

blaza88z

Coach
Best case scenario;

Broncos forced to reneg on Milford deal. Raiders take him back and reneg on Tedesco deal. Tedesco stays at Wests. Broncos suck for another year.

and still beat the Tigers during origin with a significantly weakened team

Mattc

Juniors
To be fair, the Broncos should be fined $1m and start 2015 on -4 points, that's the punishment the Warriors got for being over the cap by a similar amount

That's what I was thinking.
Aren't the circumstances similar?
Similar amount? Both self reported?
Warriors fans may be able to enlighten me a little here??

insert.pause

First Grade
Best case scenario;

rd 13 doesn't relate to clubs, they can't just renege without players consent, fifita case in point

Canard

Immortal
People hoping for a storm like scandal are going to be disappointed, as a publicly listed company the Broncos board members and administration would face jail time, they are also audited to the hilt in compliance with listing rules. This is in all likelihood a technical oversight. It's not even significant enough concern to warrant an asx announcement.

Not the same issue, breaching salary caps isn't an ASX or legal issue.

MacDougall

First Grade
and still beat the Tigers during origin with a significantly weakened team

Wait what gamebreakers were you missing again? How many spine players was it? Zero? A couple of over the hill bit part players vs. our star fullback and dummy half. Troll on dickhead.

Diesel

Referee
That's what I was thinking.
Aren't the circumstances similar?
Similar amount? Both self reported?
Warriors fans may be able to enlighten me a little here??

I had another look at it, the Warriors were over $1.1m combined for the 2004 & 05 season and were fined $430k and lost 4 points at the start of 2006

eozsmiles

Bench
To be fair, the Broncos should be fined $1m and start 2015 on -4 points, that's the punishment the Warriors got for being over the cap by a similar amount

That was a few years ago and $500k was a much bigger slice of the salary cap back then. Spread over three years waters it down a bit for the broncos but it's still a chunk.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
Wait what gamebreakers were you missing again? How many spine players was it? Zero? A couple of over the hill bit part players vs. our star fullback and dummy half. Troll on dickhead.

you'd take them all at your club, especially Hodges who gives Chris Lawrence windburn every time they play

Gillett over the hill? :lol:

MacDougall

First Grade
The Broncos will come through this unscathed as usual I fancy. Maybe somehow they'll send Barba packing to Rugby Union or something just to really rub in their invincible nature.

MacDougall

First Grade
you'd take them all at your club, especially Hodges who gives Chris Lawrence windburn every time they play

Gillett over the hill? :lol:

Ugh do you really want to break down what players were missing?

You - Gillett, Hodges, Parker, Thaiday ... am I missing anyone?
Us - Tedesco, Farah, Woods, Gavet, Sironen, Fulton blah blah blah blah.

Okay you guys beat our full strength side with your weakened team. Well done. You can't even count Hodges because he's only a cameo player for your team anyway. Appears for a couple of matches every four rounds or so.

Latest posts