What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

ek999

First Grade
Taking points off them is pretty pointless anyway. They aren't going to go anywhere near winning the comp this year

blaza88z

Coach
Ugh do you really want to break down what players were missing?

You - Gillett, Hodges, Parker, Thaiday ... am I missing anyone?
Us - Tedesco, Farah, Woods, Gavet, Sironen, Fulton blah blah blah blah.

Okay you guys beat our full strength side with your weakened team. Well done. You can't even count Hodges because he's only a cameo player for your team anyway. Appears for a couple of matches every four rounds or so.

Those 4 players you listed are all Australian representatives, also saying Hodges is a cameo player.. surely Tedesco comes into that calibre as well

eozsmiles

Bench
it doesn't sound like it could be Milford if the player is complaining about not being paid

Current players may have unfulfilled TPA's with the same group/company that is set to pay Milford from next year, thus placing under scrutiny the strength of his guarantee's.

MacDougall

First Grade
Those 4 players you listed are all Australian representatives, also saying Hodges is a cameo player.. surely Tedesco comes into that calibre as well

The fact is your club is shit. You have half a state to pick from and can't put a decent team on the park. Your talent scouts miss a young guy 7 years ago and he blossoms under a different club and you reach into your bag of money and splash out to bring him "home" but apparently can't afford a decent accountant to manage your books to make sure you can actually afford it. Pure arrogance. A one city capital team in the "heartland" of Rugby League that's managed to win one premiership in the last 15 years, despite being bankrolled by the biggest media entity in Australia, spoon fed primetime TV, has the pick of a host of corporate sponsors and doesn't look anywhere near winning another one for yeeeeeeears.

The Broncos are a joke.

blaza88z

Coach
The fact is your club is shit. You have half a state to pick from and can't put a decent team on the park. Your talent scouts miss a young guy 7 years ago and he blossoms under a different club and you reach into your bag of money and splash out to bring him "home" but apparently can't afford a decent accountant to manage your books to make sure you can actually afford it. Pure arrogance. A one city capital team in the "heartland" of Rugby League that's managed to win one premiership in the last 15 years, despite being bankrolled by the biggest media entity in Australia, spoon fed primetime TV, has the pick of a host of corporate sponsors and doesn't look anywhere near winning another one for yeeeeeeears.

The Broncos are a joke.

I always laugh when people say we have half a state to pick from, we evidently don't. There are several clubs where their spine is made of QLD players who were scouted into their feeder clubs away from the Broncos.

I also think it's funny you have a go at us for not having an accountant to make sure we fund our players but a simple piece of mathematics has let you down, 2014 - 15 = 1999, our last 2 premierships came in 2000 & 2006.. making it 2 premierships in 15 years, not 1.

We lost a soon to be immortal player in Lockyer and one of the greatest coaches of all time in Bennett, any club is going to take a while to re-build from that. I do enjoy your tears though, I have seen better rants without a doubt but I understand yours is coming right from the heart as your team just wasn't good enough to beat us at your own home ground in a typically weak period for us.

There's always next week champ :lol:

MacDougall

First Grade
I always laugh when people say we have half a state to pick from, we evidently don't. There are several clubs where their spine is made of QLD players who were scouted into their feeder clubs away from the Broncos.

I also think it's funny you have a go at us for not having an accountant to make sure we fund our players but a simple piece of mathematics has let you down, 2014 - 15 = 1999, our last 2 premierships came in 2000 & 2006.. making it 2 premierships in 15 years, not 1.

We lost a soon to be immortal player in Lockyer and one of the greatest coaches of all time in Bennett, any club is going to take a while to re-build from that. I do enjoy your tears though, I have seen better rants without a doubt but I understand yours is coming right from the heart as your team just wasn't good enough to beat us at your own home ground in a typically weak period for us.

Okay it'll be one premiership in 15 years at the conclusion of next year, soon to be 1 in 20.

That's just it though champ. The fact that the Broncos are forced to get the scraps in developmental is a reason your club is shithouse. You have all these kids who grow up dreaming of playing for the Broncos that are cast aside, overlooked or flat out not even found and then clubs with real decent developmental programs and scouting programs find them and turn them into champions. Your club is run by idiots. Idiots are in charge of the most important club in the NRL. It's frightening.

I dunno about you, but I don't buy that "rebuilding" shit for a second. The Roosters went from the cellar to the ceiling in a season by pulling out their checkbook and the Broncos are far wealthier than then Roosters. Only difference is the Roosters puppeteers are savvy, and your club is run by headless chickens from office to football admin right through to coaching.

dogslife

Coach
Is this just another case of everyone being jealous of the Broncs again? Or scared that they're on the up again?

insert.pause

First Grade
Look I've been proven to be wrong once ( Walt ) but didn't the bulldogs renege without Fifitas consent ?

Fifitas was only a signed MoU, I would imagine the others have progressed well beyond that, but it shows clubs are not afforded the same luxery as players under the rd13 loophole to renege on convenience.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Haven't read the thread so don't know if it's been mentioned. But the fact that Lockyer was on the books for $250k at the back end of his career....seriously how hasn't this happened sooner?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Surely this is just a Gee up.

moray.jpg

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

His point was your club plays on "easy mode", yet you still suck donkeys.

They shouldn't ever be outside the top 4 with all the advantages they have.

Latest posts