What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

AMD

Juniors
Despite being a Bronco's fan, I'll happily admit that the whole situation was certainly suspicious. If the club was indeed guilty of a breach, they should consider themselves extremely lucky and take it as a warning in the future.

At the same time though, there is always a presumption of innocence until proven otherwise (including cases of financial crimes, which are of much more relevance to this case than the use of masking agents). Regardless of your views of the club or how "shady" the case appears to be, this presumption should be extended to the Broncos (as it should be to any other club that is suspected of a cap breach). As it is, the NRL chose not impose any punishments due to a lack of evidence.

Finally, to say that this case would have been treated differently at any other club is ignorant. There is nothing qualitative or quantitative that supports this hypothetical, and it is nothing more than speculation.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Small article in the tele saying Brisbane are paying $200k of Barba's contract,and $150k of Kennedy's.yet they still keep buying.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

They left to challenge themselves! Have you not heard? :crazy:

ek999

First Grade
That way of thinking is good enough for WADA

Except a masking agent is also listed as a banned substance so it is a completely different scenario. In this case an employee took an amount of money from his employer and when caught, returned the money and resigned from his position.

Is it dodgy? Yes. Do I think it was used to breach the salary cap? Yes. Can you provide any evidence of a salary cap breach? No.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Andrew Gee is not very bright.
That's obvious. He f**ked up and tried to fix it.
The club SELF REPORTED.
And to the docile sharks fan saying things would be different if it was their club are talking shit.
If nothing could be proven they would be doing EXACTLY what the Broncos are.
Now stfu

mxlegend99

Referee
Well atleast they haven't cleared Bromcos of any wrongdoing. The fact they escape punishment due to lack of evidence suggests that everyone knows there's something dodgy going on, they just cant prove it.

I just cant see them being innocent if they aren't able to prove it. If they had nothing to hide, it wouldn't make sense for it to play out the way it has. They would clear their names as quickly as possible if they were innocent.

Juju

Juniors
Imagine how sanctimonious the Broncos fans would on this matter if it was a Sydney club offending blatantly like this… just imagine.

Kiwi

First Grade
Small article in the tele saying Brisbane are paying $200k of Barba's contract,and $150k of Kennedy's.yet they still keep buying.
Tigers would be paying part of Gavet's and Blair's, knights part of Boyd's so it all evens out in the end, except that we are better off and a title chance now.

God-King Dean

Immortal
As long as the 3rd party agreements are unlimited, the NRL will never be even.

Brisbane, Dogs, Souths, Melbourne, Roosters will always have an advantage over other teams when it comes to signing players.

Yes, I am jealous. I would kill for my club to be taken over be a gajillionaire & be hated by all over clubs because they can make multiple star signings.

But don't act like your club is on the same playing field as all other clubs, when it's plainly obvious they aren't.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tigers would be paying part of Gavet's and Blair's, knights part of Boyd's so it all evens out in the end, except that we are better off and a title chance now.
Are you really stupid enough to believe the Knights are paying part of Boyd's contract for 2015 onwards?

Kiwi

First Grade
Are you really stupid enough to believe the Knights are paying part of Boyd's contract for 2015 onwards?
If it was a straight forward release seeya later it would be over by now. The release hasn't been finalized yet which is why Boyd isn't training with the broncos yet. Knights have also said they won't comment on what they are paying towards the first year of Boyd's new contract.

Kiwi

First Grade
23 pages long and guess what Broncos still no found guilty. I might pop back in when the topic hits 50 or even 100 with the same result of the Broncos still not guilty. Until then don't let the sandflies bite to much cause this is a waste of time and I don't need to be.in here to hear the crying.

bottle

Coach
23 pages long and guess what Broncos still no found guilty. I might pop back in when the topic hits 50 or even 100 with the same result of the Broncos still not guilty. Until then don't let the sandflies bite to much cause this is a waste of time and I don't need to be.in here to hear the crying.

Lol, you're one of the more prolific posters,
I think you really do need to be in here, the withdrawal symptoms could kill you.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If it was a straight forward release seeya later it would be over by now. The release hasn't been finalized yet which is why Boyd isn't training with the broncos yet. Knights have also said they won't comment on what they are paying towards the first year of Boyd's new contract.

That would be to do with the missing 3rd party deal from last season.

They will not pay shit for 2015.

mxlegend99

Referee
Boyd has requested the release. The Knights don't have to pay any of his contract. :lol:

perverse

Referee
That would be to do with the missing 3rd party deal from last season.

They will not pay shit for 2015.
Correct, Boyd was short-changed (according to him) $200k in 3rd party money. That is the money that is under dispute. Boyd was the one that requested the release, there's no chance we're paying any of his 2015 contract. We were "happy" to have him play for us next year.

Broncos fans upping the ante with their delusions. Benny blinds them.

Latest posts