What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane papers don't rate the Knights.

Shorty

Staff member
Agreed,if not from losing key players with leadership and x factor then for the fact that everyone knows people are never the same when returning from knee recons.
Perhaps Lockyer will buck that trend but I don't see him being the same,and that will have a huge impact.
I'm sure they will somehow make the 8 but top 4 is a bit much.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I had the bronco's pegged for the title before the bennett thing went down
they'll be a force imo

Big Pete

Referee
I think the Broncos will be right up there, however maybe being a fan has something to do with it. ;-)

In all honesty however I think we'll be right up there. For years we were written off as too old and slow (which was true) and it wouldn't be before too long that we'd run out of puff. This year I think we'll be right up there. Our pack are both mobile and powerful and with the Lockyer/Hunt/Hodges combo. in full swing while the likes of Michaels, Boyd and Kemp develop I believe we'll give things a real shake.

JW

Coach
Shorty said:
Agreed,if not from losing key players with leadership and x factor then for the fact that everyone knows people are never the same when returning from knee recons.
Perhaps Lockyer will buck that trend but I don't see him being the same,and that will have a huge impact.
I'm sure they will somehow make the 8 but top 4 is a bit much.

I'm not really confident in predicting where we might end up this year, but to be honest on paper our lineup this year looks a lot more exciting than what we've had in recent seasons. Fresher, younger, and a hell of a lot more balanced.

nqboy

First Grade
coolumsharkie said:
No link sorry but today in the Sunday (Courier) Mail they rate the Knights to finish 17th!!

I guess the Bye bought well in the off season. :lol:

Burning question: Who will Brian Smith ostracise this year ? :lol:

Other great predictions from an obvious top line Rugby league journo..

Eels:4th

Burning question: Can the Eels players stay out of trouble off the field long enough to mount a serious challenge for the title. :roll:

Do these idiots actually get paid to write this sh*t????

FMD.
I've got the Knoughts in my bottom four. And Parra in my top four. Both reasonable predictions IMO.

macavity

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:
We probably will come 4th and the Knights are sh*t.

A shi77er team than the one we will put on the park this year got your high-flyers at home last year.

I think we will go well this year and the Eels will slide.

Shorty

Staff member
Ah was waiting for the brigade to come in,took a damn long time!

eels_fan_01

Bench
macavity said:
A shi77er team than the one we will put on the park this year got your high-flyers at home last year.

I think we will go well this year and the Eels will slide.

Pfft yeah everyones scared of the Knights.

Bicey_18

Bench
Fact is alot of people can say Newcastle will run last but seriously anyone can finish last .. its going to be that close this season.

Cowboys could lose Thurston for the season .. bottom 2
Storm could have the premiers curse and have a load of injuries and miss the 8
Eels could lose key players and come last..

I could go on for every other team... its going to be the team who has the worst luck with injuries and things going against them that will run last..

On Newcastle, as BP said before I think alot of people are tipping them to come last because really they are an unknown entity. People only look at how bad the team is going when they go through a rut... not taking into account the players on the park.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Nothing wrong with the predictions of where they will finish, I agree with them also. There's a thoooousand threads on predictions. It's the mistakes and obvious predictable comments that prompted me to start the thread.

Except no one would have thought the Knights could finish lower than last!! Is that possible? Maybe they finish last and get caught cheating the salary cap at the same time?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The main reason the CM doesn't rate the Knights is that they're coached by Brian Smith, who has been ragged up here ever since he called Uncle Benny the spin doctor back in 99. I think the Knights have bought fairly well and will challenge for a spot in the top 8.

Serc

First Grade
Big Pete said:
The Courier Mail has always been biast however this is taking it a step further. :lol:

I don't really understand the entire doom and gloom scenario most pundits are predicting for the Knights. I guess they just see the side as an unknown entity so they're trying to play it safe. In my opinion the Knights should do quite well and I wouldn't be too surprised if they made the eight. Especially with a 4 combination of...

1. K. Gidley
6. J. Mullen
7. L. Walsh/S. Dureau
9. D Buderus

Anything is possible.

I don't think much of the Broncos or their supporters in general (including my own friends - lol) but top stuff, you have hit the nail on the head here. We had that combination on the park just before SOO1 last year and were sitting around 6th on the ladder...thats right folks, not last like we were coming into the final round. Over the next 4-8 weeks following SOO1 we had between 0 and 3 of those names on the park and by the time most of them had returned our season was gorneeeeeeee.

I think we will finish 8-10th this year as long as we get a normal amount of injuries unlike recent years. If you want to read another preview of our season head straight to the LU one at http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=15266.

Certainly better than the stuff that the Brisbane Telecrap spits out! :p

Latest posts