What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

The Great Dane

First Grade
You're dumb enough to think the Dolphins failed on every metric. No matter who gets in and how well they do, they'll never receive any praise from you.
They've underachieved by every metric, not failed. There's a monumental difference between those two positions.

The second Brisbane side was such a sure bet that there was no chance of it failing no mattered how poorly run they were. But let's give it a few years, let the novelty wash away, then see how they're going...

TBF, when it comes to Brisbane your standards of success are so low that you'll say that they're a "success" for as long as they're doing better than the smallest Sydney clubs, which is a very low bar.

Wb1234

Referee
There's some in Germany TBF, but yeah the vast majority of the soviet and brutalist architecture is in Eastern Europe. The real weird thing about his statement is that even architecture nerds don't go to those countries specifically to see the soviet era stuff.

BTW Brisbane is worse than just vanilla. The only thing that makes Brisbane unique amongst the other modern cosmopolitan Anglo cities is that it's subtropical and humid. Other than that it's a blackhole where unique culture goes to die, just like all the other metropolises in the Anglosphere with the exception of some of the major cities in the US. Even London is becoming a beige cesspit, it's really very sad actually.
East Germany did

and Brisbane has the valley

best nightclub scene in Australia

and the weather is amazing it’s our version of Miami or California

Wb1234

Referee
They've underachieved by every metric, not failed. There's a monumental difference between those two positions.

The second Brisbane side was such a sure bet that there was no chance of it failing no mattered how poorly run they were. But let's give it a few years, let the novelty wash away, then see how they're going...

TBF, when it comes to Brisbane your standards of success are so low that you'll say that they're a "success" for as long as they're doing better than the smallest Sydney clubs, which is a very low bar.
30k members
One of the highest sponsorship portfolios in the nrl
Massive crowds and tv ratings

yep they are failing upwards lmao

Canard

Immortal
East Germany did

and Brisbane has the valley

best nightclub scene in Australia

and the weather is amazing it’s our version of Miami or California
I don't think you've ever been to Brisbane. Fortitude Valley the best nightclub scene in Australia? Laughable in the extreme.

And Brisbane being compared to Miami or California? You know there is no beaches in Brisbane right? And there is definitely nothing "Miami" about Logan and Springfield. Just lots of homogeneous urban sprawl, that makes Soviet era architecture look like Gaudi.

Canard

Immortal
30k members
One of the highest sponsorship portfolios in the nrl
Massive crowds and tv ratings

yep they are failing upwards lmao
But had so little confidence in there supporter base that they played multiple games in that shitbox Dolphin Oval.

That's not a great sign, already.

Pippen94

First Grade
It's the exact opposite actually. Most of the serious money doesn't want to risk their reputation by connecting their name to a wishy-washy bid for a sports team that probably won't go anywhere. Interest would make it's self know if the NRL made their intention to expand to a market clear.

Besides you can pretty easily find the names of potential investors that've shown interest in Perth and NZ NRL sides, Laurie Puddy and Andrew Chalmers for example.

And what relevance do scholars researching Soviet era architecture have on it's influence on tourism trends? None is the answer.

I really don't understand why you're incapable of engaging with anybody honestly, or why you insist on dying on this hill. There's no significant trend of people traveling to see Soviet architecture like e.g. Gothic or Classical buildings.

There's nobody. Laurie Puddy & Andrew Chalmers aren't rich! They may be the unknown businessmen going around trying to drum up money, but nrl wants bid with real wealth to stop teams folding during lean seasons.
Silver bullet bid is not out there like you all seem to hope..

Pippen94

First Grade
There isn’t an argument here from what I can see.
It’s somebody taking up a position without evidence for or against.

By the way there is a difference between a typo and a sentence making no sense at all

There isn’t an argument here from what I can see.
It’s somebody taking up a position without evidence for or against.

By the way there is a difference between a typo and a sentence making no sense at all

..not as funny as acting superior to everyone here by saying Australia is boring, then undermining that alleged superiority by using term mute point. Smart ppl know they don't know everything..

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm a Cowboys supporter you dickhead. When the Tigers get in I'll still be a Cowboys supporter. I cannot turn my back on the club I've followed for 28 years. I'll happily adopt the Tigers as my second club, but Cowboys will always be my pride and joy.
So why have t you adopted dolphins as your ’second’ club?
why arent you at Suncorp supporting a beloved brl clubs admission?
you’ve literally been on here for years calling for a club representing your area specifically lol.
you on,y want easts or Ipswich in as you won’t support dolphins as you don’t feel they represent Logan or the sw corridor.

Like I said your a selfish merkin for demanding a third brisbane club whilst fans in others citites don’t have one to support.

Pippen94

First Grade
you’ve literally been on here for years calling for a club representing your area specifically lol.
you on,y want easts or Ipswich on as you won’t support dolphins as you don’t feel they represent Logan or the sw corridor. Like is aod your a selfish merkin for demanding a third brisbane club whilst fans in others citites don’t have one to support.

What's this got to with anything?! NRL must do what's best for business. Brisbane 3 makes game more money!!

MugaB

Coach
What's this got to with anything?! NRL must do what's best for business. Brisbane 3 makes game more money!!
Not sure how? Game only makes more coin from internationals and state of origin, and finals
The clubs make money off the season home games

Perth Red

Post Whore
Extra content makes the game more money. Bringing in the countries 4th biggest city with the highest individual wealth can make money. The nrl should be about growing the game as well as growing the $ pot.

Pippen94

First Grade
Extra content makes the game more money. Bringing in the countries 4th biggest city with the highest individual wealth can make money. The nrl should be about growing the game as well as growing the $ pot.

Lol, channel 9 said they want extra se qld team.

Wb1234

Referee
you on,y want easts or Ipswich in as you won’t support dolphins as you don’t feel they represent Logan or the sw corridor.

Like I said your a selfish merkin for demanding a third brisbane club whilst fans in others citites don’t have one to support.
Dolphins are my second club too

it’s reminded me how much joy I got seeing the birth of the broncos before they ruined it with super league

seeing the nrl creating the biggest rugby clubs in the world is something you of all people should appreciate after the game has been crapped upon in England