What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Bukowski

Juniors
I have severe health problems that make it difficult to attend NRL games. I have to carry insulin, food and a glucometer wherever I go because my immune system destroyed the beta cells in my pancreas that produce insulin. I hate using public toilets and don't want to take my insulin, glucometer and food into one. Nor do I want to perform a glucose reading or inject insulin in front of strangers. I also have arthritis in my neck that makes it difficult to turn my head.

A third Brisbane club isn't for me. It's for Brisbane's large and passionate rugby league community and the NRL.

Perth doesn't have enough rugby league fans to support a team. 5k on PTV. 8k on FTA
I'm guessing those severe health issues are also mental. That explains so much.

Yeah and they don’t really want to answer the question that if the government was to stop funding this team what happens?

If we do go and do PNG, I hope it succeeds because I want the game to succeed but in saying that you still have to critically analyse things
If the Gov funding stops then the team either gets booted or is propped up by the ARLC.

It's not like the preferential treatment News Ltd provided to Storm when they held a 50% stake in the NRL. That money was used to give the Storm a competitive advantage over every other team. The club cheated the salary cap and introduced dangerous tactics that led to players suffering severe neck injuries. The Storm have done more harm to the game's reputation than any other club.

mongoose

Coach
If the Gov funding stops then the team either gets booted or is propped up by the ARLC.

It's not like the preferential treatment News Ltd provided to Storm when they held a 50% stake in the NRL. That money was used to give the Storm a competitive advantage over every other team. The club cheated the salary cap and introduced dangerous tactics that led to players suffering severe neck injuries. The Storm have done more harm to the game's reputation than any other club.

Do you think maybe News thought the Storm was a worthwhile investment? tell me, why do you think an organisation like News would just just waste their money on an NRL club in Victoria, just to appease "expansionists"?

Wb1234

Referee
Do you think maybe News thought the Storm was a worthwhile investment? tell me, why do you think an organisation like News would just just waste their money on an NRL club in Victoria, just to appease "expansionists"?
It wasn’t really their money

it was a dividend they took from the game which the arlc had no control of

af a time when every other club was bleeding

Maximus

Coach

In one post he says News Ltd propped up the Storm, which would suggest they valued them, and in another he says they have no value for News Ltd at all. Or does he think News Ltd often prop up businesses for millions of dollars when they hold no value at all.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

afl mouthpiece

lions worried about the impact of the dolphins

hmmm when I said we could crush afl in qld people were mocking me

phins up

Brisbane easts would be the death knell for afl in qld

qld is the afls operation Barbarossa

Brisbane is Stalingrad where we push them back to their bunker in Melbourne

@Colk history references
The Lions are delusional if they think they are in front of the Dolphins now. Not even close.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth provides 8k FTA and 5k PTV viewers for regular season games.
I wonder why? Nothing to do with being neglected by NRL for 2 decades and sht FTA covg for half of that I suppose? You do understand the concept of growing an audience dont you? You yourself have proven how AFL has done it in Brisbane.

Latest posts