What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

bobmar28

Bench
None of the names are exciting. Why don't they team up with one of the QLD teams. The Q cup team would bring their name with them. Of course I would like to see the jets come in but Dolphins is another option.

RL1908

Bench
Maybe older RL fans from Brisbane have a view on this, but I'd be drawing upon the local RL history by resurrecting the old Valleys' club nickname for the "Brisbane Diehards".

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Hopefully they revisit the Diehards name as an option.

If they get in we can only hope that the NRL forces them to change their name to something less similar to the Broncos, like the A-League did. Diehards was one of the favourites around here before they called the vote.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They'd instantly have a new nickname if they were the diehards. We've got st merge, lol@souffs, the donkeys, the faders, the rorters etc. The tryhards would fit in nicely.

Notaleaver

Juniors
wtf is a diehard. you may as well call the team the brisbane bruisers or something

and rivercity? that is literally only the 3rd time ive EVER heard brisbane referred to as that.

brewers is good but can't be picked for obvious reasons :(

i dunno, not really sold on any of them that much, needs more options that dont begin with B

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
wtf is a diehard. you may as well call the team the brisbane bruisers or something
Yippee-ki-yay, motherf**ker!
images

I don't think they'll go with anything historic. In fact, I believe they've already selected their name, the public vote is just a way (a good way) of raisng the profile of the bid.

Brisbane Plankers
Brisbane Lockyers

Brisbane Bucaneers is pretty good....their motto: "Can you hear us...no...well open ya Bucaneers then".

fightingirish69

Juniors
Maybe older RL fans from Brisbane have a view on this, but I'd be drawing upon the local RL history by resurrecting the old Valleys' club nickname for the "Brisbane Diehards".

that would be excellent... actually resuurecting the diehards instead of creating a boutique team.. sounds like the way to go.:D