What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Pigskin

Juniors
Maybe older RL fans from Brisbane have a view on this, but I'd be drawing upon the local RL history by resurrecting the old Valleys' club nickname for the "Brisbane Diehards".

whats in a name ?

well, to put it in Sydney terms, would be a bit like Manly going broke or just fading away, then 20 years later naming a new side the Sea Eagles

there would be plenty of people, despite it being a new team, who would hate them for the name

i'm not about to jump from the broncos ship, but if i was inclined to, it certainly would not be to support a team that has anything to do with Valleys ... rather stab myself in the face with a butter knife

Thats why the name doesn't work ... alienating any portion of their potential fan-base is probly not a good idea before even being given a license

Oink !

hitman82

Bench
Yippee-ki-yay, motherf**ker!
images

I don't think they'll go with anything historic. In fact, I believe they've already selected their name, the public vote is just a way (a good way) of raisng the profile of the bid.

The Brisbane Bruce

joshie

Live Update Team
i liked Brisbane Bombers TBH!!!!

but it wont be selected hahah

why do we have to copy the nfl,nba and all that shit just to make league seem cooler to gen y

it doesnt make it cooler to us lol. its just no one has creativity it seems in these bids :D

SEAT 1A

Bench
Brisbane - Buccaneers
South QLD - Dolphins

Heard Michael Searle on ABC a several weeks ago. He mentioned he was targeting particular age groups. Can't remember the actual age's however, when they entered the comp, I think it was early teens and now late teens. He also mentioned that it was a factor with Idris's signing as per below comment. Thought that was quite interesting.

The days of " simple " club names are gone. I was a fan of traditional names however, I'm all for " different " club names.

Buccaneers could be cool if they had their own ground and stole the nfl teams idea

Raymond-James-Stadium-TampaBayCo.jpg

Having a pirateship where fans can sit in - winning! All you need is Jamal Idri s to do his tv show and watch the kids pick them :sarcasm:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rogue

Woudn't mind sitting in a pirateship and having a few beers with Johnny Depp and his crew watching the footy.

docbrown

Coach
whats in a name ?

well, to put it in Sydney terms, would be a bit like Manly going broke or just fading away, then 20 years later naming a new side the Sea Eagles

there would be plenty of people, despite it being a new team, who would hate them for the name

Yet they allowed the Dolphins name to slip through...

Goddo

Bench
South Brisbane Kookaburras
Davies Park

Kookaburra_4c_logo[1].jpg

Thoughts?
Probably a bit too similar to the Broncos, but I think if its Kookaburras it has to be something like this.. Maybe a predominantly white jersey with Maroon and light blue secondary colours?

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brisbane - Barracudas
Brisbane - Bayliners
Brisbane - Bobcats
Brisbane - Bombers
Brisbane - Braves
Brisbane - Brewers
Brisbane - Buccaneers
Eastern - Stingrays
Rivercity - Kookaburras
South QLD - Cyclones
South QLD - Dolphins
South QLD - Rogues
South QLD - Spartans
South QLD - Taipans

Interesting choices, a few are no chance like Taipans, Spartans, Dolphins and Bombers for obvious reasons..

I wasn't aware Bobcats were related to Brisbane, let alone Australia, but then again we do have Panthers & Tigers..

Brewers could work, but not a very fierce name..

From this list I quite like Rogues and Buccaneers... The rest are average.. Wish Mavericks and Rangers were on the list though..
gee, if you ask me, I reckon every single one is completely shithouse.

What about the Logan Torana's?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Logan Torana's

They could have a Lime Green jumper on the back and the sides with a big black stripe down the middle of the front.

The sleeves can be in a flanno design.

f**king perfect!

bobmar28

Bench
Are the only ones I really like.

Buccaneers could be cool if they had their own ground and stole the nfl teams idea

Raymond-James-Stadium-TampaBayCo.jpg

Having a pirateship where fans can sit in - winning! All you need is Jamal Idris to do his tv show and watch the kids pick them :sarcasm:

South QLD Rogues does sound pretty good though but who in their marketing team came up with it?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rogue

Wandering beggar... Maybe the sharkies can merge with this team?!

It's interesting to note that Brisbane is on the same latitude as Tampa.

Latest posts