What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

smithie

Juniors
One positive you haven't added is the fact every team in the competition will get to play at Suncorp every year. Time and again players from all clubs say they look forward to playing at Suncorp.

I know you are angry because your bid is fast fading into obscurity, but untangle your knickers. When the Bears fail I don't want you to self harm in any way. Relax.

The Brisbane II bid has sponsors locked in, but have not disclosed them because they are planning a major launch/push in the weeks leading up to the ARLC request for bids.

Is it not true that most of the Bears equity is tied up in the Leagues club? Bit rich adding that to your total.

"Maturity of bid" :lol:. Just because you are the oldest doesn't make you the best. Also, simply by being in better locations Perth and Brisbane II have to be the front runners. By some accounts expansion may not even happen in 2013, more likely 2014.

You are such a goose. You say "Brisbanes plans don't count because they are reliant on getting a licence" before saying "Bears support will improved 10 fold if we get a licence".

So, that will happen for the Bears but not Brisbane II... riiiighhht.

You are repeating yourself a bit here. Just like your "membership drive" or "update" posts on the Central Coast thread. You often have little to add to the expansion discussions.

You also like to compare a potenially reformed club with an existing (if small) fan base and nostalgic support from other old NSWRL fans with a new bid, with a completely new identity.

Brisbane II can't sell its history because it has none. But thats part of the formula of this club - its going to be new and its going to be big. Not some mouldy old leather patch brigade club from North Sydney, who are looking desperate now there is a bit of competition.

I'm not worried at all, matter of fact is people like you wish the Central Coast Bears fans would be worried. But why would we? We've done a great job so far, have by far the most support, have by far the most sponsors, have by far the more exposure to our brand, have by far the most equity and have by far the most readiness to enter the comp at any given moment.

Truth is, i'm only replying because you lack any real insight or knowledge into the CCBears bid. You make up a lot of stuff and then try to pass it on as information. I'd rather people who view this forum, know whats actually happening then what some numbnut assumes is happening.

Yes, I repeat myself with the membership drives. Why? Because they're important, it's actual news because it actually happens every week. I guess increasing support and memberships aren't part of the expansion discussion. Even though it directly affects the bid on a financial level and level of overall support.

Central Coast Bears also have sponsors locked in and won't reveal whom they are until closer to an announcement. However, with the sponsors we currently have now. We are building equity, which means funds for football and club operations.

If the Central Coast Bears support is small, then what does that say for not only other bids but existing clubs?

How am I goose? I'm going by whats happening now. Brisbane 2 might get $20million in corporate support once they have a team but they have shown no signs of it presently with only $750,000. The Central Coast Bears might also get $20 million is coporate support once they have a team and with $6million currently, chances are this will happen with relative ease.

True having the oldest bid doesn't make it the best but it gives an advantage to see what will work and what won't work. It gives an advantage to set up tings earlier therefore by decision time it isn't a case of "this will get done within a few months etc" but rather "this has been locked in and achieved, let's move to the next objective". It also means more time to build support, corporate support and equity. Which is clearly evident due to the fact all of these 3 things have been achieved in some capacity and now we can only build on it. Foundations are laid. It also gives time for the community to familiarize with the bid and brand, if accepted we can hit the ground running. It's given enough time to shore up junior clubs, local businesses as sponsors, initiate programs with schools and give back to the community.

Brisbane 2 does have history. The Crushers, which was a 2nd Brisbane team playing out of Suncorp. Just like the Gold Coast had history with Giants, Seagulls and Chargers. Just like the Central Coast has history with the Bears or Western Australia Reds has history with the Western/Perth Reds.

Your argument has many kinks and unless Brisbane 2 comes out with fundamental news regarding their foundation work, all you're doing is assuming and guessing. I haven't made predictions concerning the Central Coast Bears unless i'm 100% sure it will happen due to on going work happening now, today, in the present. I guess at the end of the day I know more about the CCBears then you know about Brisbane2. Because due to "maturity of the bid" I have information at my disposal but then again the oldest doesn't matter right?

Also, why do you need to bump the Central Coast thread every day, even if you have nothing to say? Be it an update that you have 2 new $20 members, or an up comming reserve grade game (which doesn't belong on the main NRL board btw).

Some days you don't even have anything to post, and you make a one sentance bump "aren't we doing great" post.

Are you seriously that worried about your bid that you can't let it drop off the front page for a day or two?

Who cares if I bump up the Central Coast Bears thread with news. This thread gets bumped up with stuff that has no relation or significance to the bid itself. There was almost 2 pages worth of State of Origin stand alone weekends and uniting the pacific islands into one team debates before you decided to rant today. You own arguments are as clear as mud. Don't be a hypcrite now.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Smithie, as do the fans of Sydney clubs who live in Brisbane. I sort of touched on Suncorps potential with the crowd average.

Even if Brisbane II has relatively few fans, it will still get a great average attendence on the back of fans of other clubs. If this bid becomes a colosus like the Broncos, then we will start seeing Suncorp sellouts for regular season games.

BDGS

Bench
The Bears will get smaller crowds than the Brisbane team anyway....

Proof?

I'm sure the IC will ask them. Will you be ok with the answer given?

I still see no link.

as for your question, i am a fan of all the current bid locations getting a team. If the IC decide that the Brisbane bid team (which i do not support because of the way they do things) is the best bid team to get an NRL team then i will happily go along with that and would monitor what is happening with the new brisbane side. As i am a fan of Rugby League.

BDGS

Bench
Lets have a throw down:
Brisbane II vs Central Coast

CROWDS

A second Brisbane side would mop the floor with a Central Coast club

Proof?

At 20,119 Bluetongue would be amoung the smallest grounds in the NRL, on par with Brookvale Oval, Toyota Park, Leichhardt Oval. Better facilities than these grounds, but restricted in capacity to expand. Northern end has potential for second tier increasing capacity by about two thousand, but Southern end can't be changed because the main road into Gosford and quite a bit of expensive bridging are right next to the stadium.

Expansion isn't really justified either when you look at the population and attendences at the ground.

Why would crowds at Bluetongue between two current NRL teams be a guage of how big crowds would be for a local team?

SPONSORSHIPS

The Brisbane bid will eclipse the Bears. Currently the Bears have around $6M in sponsors lined up, which is on par with the poorest Sydney clubs.

proof?

BDGS

Bench
Probably to deliver the other side of the story ...

i.e. not let a free run of "same thought" opinions.

BDGS

Bench
Yet if others do the same in the bears thread you get called a troll....................

Depends on the circumstances around it.

In the Bear thread it is often anti-bear supporters going in there and saying the bid has no chance because of x, x and x. Either looking for a reaction or get off on pissing people off.

Where in this circumstance, an SEQ expansion supporter started a comparison between the the 2nd Brisbane bid and the Central Coast bid. Before a bear supporter then put forward their claims.

That supporter also put his version of an comparison between the bids in the Brisbane 2 thread, instead of making a new thread, meaning that if anybody wanted to go against his ideas they HAD to do it in the Brisbane 2 bid thread.

See the difference?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Depends on the circumstances around it.

In the Bear thread it is often anti-bear supporters going in there and saying the bid has no chance because of x, x and x. Either looking for a reaction or get off on pissing people off.

Where in this circumstance, an SEQ expansion supporter started a comparison between the the 2nd Brisbane bid and the Central Coast bid. Before a bear supporter then put forward their claims.

That supporter also put his version of an comparison between the bids in the Brisbane 2 thread, instead of making a new thread, meaning that if anybody wanted to go against his ideas they HAD to do it in the Brisbane 2 bid thread.

See the difference?
Why are bear supporters lurking in this thread if they're so confident of their bid in the first place?
Perhaps because they are no longer so confident?

BDGS

Bench
Why are bear supporters lurking in this thread if they're so confident of their bid in the first place?

Perhaps because any fan of Expansion would be best serve knowing as much about expansion as possible, including other bids. Facts and opinions?

You'll be best served by asking the Central Coast bid supporters that.

Beowulf

Juniors

Because people don't appreciate the outfit they support being denigrated perhaps??? :sarcasm:

Why have Brisbane2 fans been lurking in bears pages and trolling? They are obviously scared, according to your logic.

FYI the Bears talked to David Gallop the other day and everything is going along beautifully. We've just passed 6,800 members. BTW memberships are the main criteria the NRL have asked the Bears to work on. We have surpassed their expectations by a large magnitude.

The Bears quite rightly post facts and achievements because unlike some other bids, we have actually achieved milestones and are busy out in our community every day instead of trying to drag RL people down.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Because people don't appreciate the outfit they support being denigrated perhaps??? :sarcasm:

Why have Brisbane2 fans been lurking in bears pages and trolling? They are obviously scared, according to your logic.

FYI the Bears talked to David Gallop the other day and everything is going along beautifully. We've just passed 6,800 members. BTW memberships are the main criteria the NRL have asked the Bears to work on. We have surpassed their expectations by a large magnitude.

The Bears quite rightly post facts and achievements because unlike some other bids, we have actually achieved milestones and are busy out in our community every day instead of trying to drag RL people down.
I get it. If people try to make a rational argument in the bears thread its trolling. If bears fans do it in the Brisbane thread its called defending.

Why do you feel the need to defend the bears bid if everything is going along splendidly?

clarency

Juniors

Not havin' a go at the bears bid, but if the NRL really said that then I don't have much confidence in their ability to ye'know... know what they're doing.

BDGS

Bench
The main criteria for each bid will be different, the Central Coaxt NRL bid was asked to signed up members because they are in a heartland area and if they get in the NRL they will be another NSW team. Therefore, to show that NSW needs another team, it is my understanding that the NRL told the bears they would have to prove there is a want and a need for them by signing up x among of numbers. They have surpassed the original total set by the NRL which I think was sound 5k.

Beowulf

Juniors
I get it. If people try to make a rational argument in the bears thread its trolling. If bears fans do it in the Brisbane thread its called defending.

Why do you feel the need to defend the bears bid if everything is going along splendidly?

Because I'm passionate about a team that's been around for 103 years and my family has followed for most of that time? Walk a day in my shoes as a Bears fan and you'll understand why we're pissed off at the game and see this expansion period as the NRL's last chance to correct the errors of the past.

Look, I agree with you that the western corridor is a better option than Bris2, and that the Broncos should eventually be surrounded by 3 satellite sides - Titans, west corridor, sunshine coast (in +- 15 years).

We just differ on the criteria of entry - you and others says its all TV ratings, others like me say that's just one of half a dozen + criteria (albeit an important one).

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Can't argue with that. As long as the new teams are Perth and a qld team, ill be happy. Don't really mind which one

So as long as the 2 new teams are located in the 2 states you want, you will be happy?

That's not asking for much at all :sarcasm:

Latest posts