What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

jim_57

Staff member
Given that i haven't been following this bid very much, where exactly is the targeted fan base coming from?

I know there was supposed to be a proposed Ipswich based bid team, which made sense; but that was hijakced by this 2nd Brisbane team.

So where exactly are the fans going to come from - what are the target areas?

Brisbane people who aren't Broncos fans.

Brutus

Referee
The Bombers are stirring up the flogball fans and getting RL talked about nationwide.

They've done it to us, we'll do it to them.

They take our players, we'll take their team names.

Nice swap lol

cornerposter

Juniors
Given that i haven't been following this bid very much, where exactly is the targeted fan base coming from?

I know there was supposed to be a proposed Ipswich based bid team, which made sense; but that was hijakced by this 2nd Brisbane team.

So where exactly are the fans going to come from - what are the target areas?

Crusher's fans who have finally given up hope.

Dragon

Coach
For anyone that has missed the Bombers PROMO video, if not already posted here it is:

unledape.jpg

massimom.jpg

Smiley

Bench
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2011/07/14/540572-dont-hold-back-brisbane-bombers.html

Jeep Supports Brisbane Bombers in NRL Expansion Bid

BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – July 14, 2011: Chrysler Australia and the Jeep brand are proud to support the Brisbane NRL expansion bid and their Battle for Brisbane.

The Brisbane NRL Bid Team announced their name, ‘the Brisbane Bombers’ at Albion Park, (their proposed training ground), this morning. Coinciding with this was the announcement of Jeep as the automotive supporter of the Brisbane bid.

Caroline McComb, Sponsorship and Public Relations Manager, Chrysler Australia said, “We were approached by the Directors of the Brisbane Bombers bid team to support their Battle for Brisbane and were immediately impressed with their enthusiasm and passion”.

“This passion is a great fit with the Jeep brand’s Don’t Hold Back attitude. The Brisbane Bombers have a real drive to establish something new, unique and exciting for Rugby League fans, including wider plans to support the community and the game at a grass roots level,” said McComb.

The Jeep brand’s support of the Brisbane Bombers builds on their growing portfolio of sponsorships including the AFL’s Richmond Tigers, Greg Crick in the Australian GT Championship and world-leading kite surfer Ben Wilson.
540572-dont-hold-back-brisbane-bombers.1-lg.jpg

M2D2

Bench
f**k YOU JEEP! f**k YOU DONT HOLD BACK SONG!
I NOW HATE THIS CLUB BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH I f**kING HATE JEEP FOR PICKING THAT SONG FOR ITS GODDAMN ADS.
I f**kING HATE THAT SONG
1307277036-60.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
It's too much like the broncos. Exact same amount of letters, pretty much exact same words. Call it south qld ffs. Or at least Brisbane [something not B]

Brutus

Referee
The name has grown on me as well. It's causing a shit stir which is great.

Although drop brisbane and go for Sth QLD or something like that. I must agree with the above poster there.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I liked the name from the start.

It has made the expansion process more interesting as there are three big players for only two spots.

Goddo

Bench
There was a bit on the Footy Show about it last night. You can watch it here:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/nrl/footyshow/

Interesting point was that they have affiliation in QRL Cup with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles (Manly) and Souths-Logan Magpies (Canberra).

What does Souths-Logan mean for the Western Corridor bid? I thought they were aiming for Ipswich-Logan corridor with base at Springfield? Yet the last noises comming from that camp were Ipswich and Toowoomba related.

AND they have stolen the Aviation themed branding. Seems the Brisbane bid is out to kill their near rival.

Spitty

Juniors
I do like the idea of a second brissie team and I like how Bombers is P**sing the AFL off.

But......blue, silver and gold.....don't another qld team already have those colours?