What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Goddo

Bench
Surely by the time they come in Petro would be retired.

They want him as a player or a coaching advisor. He'd be 37 in 2013, so yeah, expecting him to play is a bit rich. I'm just relaying the news article.

otori

Juniors
Hmmmm. Surely Brisbane would be close to breaking that already. The A-League final, the Super 15 final, there's been one or two concerts this year I thought, 12 Broncos games, the Reds have been drawing pretty big crowds this year. Let's say 6-8 were above 25K couple that with any Broncos finals and one or two A-League games and it's almost 25 I reckon.

Timbo

Staff member
Certainly raises questions over Brisbane2's viability at Suncorp.

Perhaps they could look at Ballymore and use Suncorp for derby games?

bobbis

Juniors
Certainly raises questions over Brisbane2's viability at Suncorp.

Perhaps they could look at Ballymore and use Suncorp for derby games?

Ballymore only holds about 25,000 anyway. So if you're capped at 25k there's no benefit except that it might look better on tv. However it's harder to get to and the facilities are worse, unless it's cheaper there's no reason they'd play there.

That restriction will have to be lifted to make the Bombers viable, they'd probably aim to average at least 25k.

During NRL/ Superugby season crossover there might be clashes necessitating the use of Ballymore but likely the Reds would do the moving.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shame for the Roar I guess!

Seriously Brisbane, it's a state of the art stadium, sort it out! Not like you move next door and think its going to be a quiet neighbourhood!

smithie

Juniors
I heard the same about Cooper Cronk.

No doubt either Cameron Smith or Cooper Cronk will go to the Bombers. I think it will be Cronk.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Think you will find they will likely go (or stay) depending on who is willing to pay the most. I know that a lot of players agents have been in touch with the WARL sounding out possible moves to Perth if we get in. The star players know that any new club is going to be looking for a marquee name and will be willing to pay overs to get one. Any club who hasn't got their name player signed up till at least 2014 will be sweating on expansion imo.