What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

bobmar28

Bench
as compared to the Bears......named after a shopping centre

IMO The Bombers is a Great Name, the colours are going to look great together......and the Promo Video is f**ken Awesome

How about they put it to a vote? Along with all the other options. What happened to the community involvement with this bid? I doubt the NRL public would have voted for Bombers.

Last edited:
How about they put it to a vote? Along with all the other options. What happened to the community involvement with this bid? I doubt the NRL public would have voted for Bombers.

and thats why i said IMO, i have got no idea why they,chose the name,or the way they did it, you are not happy with it, i like it, we will have to agree to disagree......it`s all cool

Perth Red

Post Whore
certainly getting them lots of media and nice to spit in the eye of the AFL for a change and put them on the defensive.

I like the logo, not sure about as a RL logo but it is nicely put together.

GongPanther

Referee
Those that were personally affected by the Bali bombings are going to love this one.

Such a ridiculous and insensitive name for a sporting team whether its NRL,AFL or whatever.

Last edited:

Quidgybo

Bench
Change the name and I might agree. I'd rather the Jets, they've mentioned Western brisbane many times so that ticks the box in ways Albion Park does not.
Both teams would play their games at Suncorp. As such, if accepted either bid would first and foremost be a second Brisbane (or Greater Brisbane) team. Whether the training base is at Albion or Ipswich, a supporter's proximity to Suncorp will be what determines if they can attend games. If we were talking 100 year old teams grown from suburban traditions then we might expect the supporters to come from one part of town but we're not. Both bids would look to draw every paying fan they can get from a radius around Suncorp - north, south, east and west. Limiting the scope of their appeal to only fans from the west or only fans from the north would be silly and ultimately self defeating,

AND they have stolen the Aviation themed branding. Seems the Brisbane bid is out to kill their near rival.
I don't see how it has any affect on the rival bid, only one will be accepted. In terms of the aviation theme it might actually make it a bit easier politically for a late merger of the bids if the NRL hints that would get them over the line - ie. Brisbane Bombers + Ipswich Jets -> Brisbane Jets.

Leigh

Those that were personally affected by the Bali bombings are going to love this one.

Such a ridiculous and insensitive name for a sporting team whether its NRL,AFL or whatever.

Lighten up mate.

Firstly bombers clearly refers to fighter planes. Not terrorist bombers.

Secondly its meant to represent the fierce and tough nature of such planes/fighters.

BDGS

Bench
There was a bit on the Footy Show about it last night. You can watch it here:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/nrl/footyshow/

Interesting point was that they have affiliation in QRL Cup with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles (Manly) and Souths-Logan Magpies (Canberra).

What does Souths-Logan mean for the Western Corridor bid? I thought they were aiming for Ipswich-Logan corridor with base at Springfield? Yet the last noises comming from that camp were Ipswich and Toowoomba related.

AND they have stolen the Aviation themed branding. Seems the Brisbane bid is out to kill their near rival.

Davidson mention something about 18 players agreeing to play for this bid if it gets a team too. Would be interesting which 18 players.

I do like the idea of a second brissie team and I like how Bombers is P**sing the AFL off.

But......blue, silver and gold.....don't another qld team already have those colours?

The Bombers are Navy Blue and orange.

BDGS

Bench

I didn't know the Bali bombing were down by Bomber planes.

Brisbane Bombers Logo > Essendon Bombers Logo.

Goddo

Bench
Davidson mention something about 18 players agreeing to play for this bid if it gets a team too. Would be interesting which 18 players.

Most likely targetting Queenslanders in NSW clubs. Only last week there was an article revealling Petro had been talking to the bid.

They will go after blokes like Cam Smith, Cronk, Boyd, Petro, Dave Taylor, Nev Costigan.

smithie

Juniors

Possible players

- Dave Taylor
- Cooper Cronk
- Quade Cooper

Seriously doubtful
- Sonny Bill Williams

applesauce

Bench
I don't see how it has any affect on the rival bid, only one will be accepted. In terms of the aviation theme it might actually make it a bit easier politically for a late merger of the bids if the NRL hints that would get them over the line - ie. Brisbane Bombers + Ipswich Jets -> Brisbane Jets.

Leigh

That would be the PERFECT solution. I would be all over that shit like white on rice.

cornerposter

Juniors

I was more concerned about Ben Barba. How must he be feeling with a whole team of bombers coming his way?

BDGS

Bench
Most likely targetting Queenslanders in NSW clubs. Only last week there was an article revealling Petro had been talking to the bid.

They will go after blokes like Cam Smith, Cronk, Boyd, Petro, Dave Taylor, Nev Costigan.

Surely by the time they come in Petro would be retired.

I was more concerned about Ben Barba. How must he be feeling with a whole team of bombers coming his way?

haha good one.