What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Goddo

Bench
Is that Orange or Yellow?

Looks very Parramatta-ish. The V's & Barca ones look nice.

Yeah it has come out yellower that I wanted. I could redo, but can't be fked.

They are more of a quick example of what they will look like. Personally, I'd like them to pick the sash one, just to stir the pot for the Victorians.

Can you imagine the crying from the South "WAAAAA they took my teams name and jersey design, WAAAAAAAA!!!!"

docbrown

Coach
2 Orange/Blues I did a while back:

centralqueensland.jpg

centralqld.jpg

Craegus

Juniors
Guy who made that is an AFL fan, probably just ignorant of the Tigpies colours.

The guy who designed that would be me, and I am a massive Wests Tigers fan, so I am definitely not ignorant of the colours.

The design was created just to see what could be done with the logo's colours, which I am not a fan of as they are not unique to the league and just tweaking what the Broncos use (simply replace the orange with yellow and you have the Broncos).

BDGS

Bench

Colours

The club has a jersey manufacture agreement with New Zealand sports goods company Canterbury.[10] The clubs colours are to be navy blue and orange with maroon trim. These colours are very similar to the former Brisbane based ARL side, the South Queensland Crushers.

$(KGrHqMOKkME27iqSeZ6BN4dN6RTQw~~_35.JPG

images

images

sqawaycopypng2oa6.png

From Google Images, search for "South Queensland Crushers jerseys".

BDGS

Bench
Davidson said look at the Bombers logo for the colours of the jersey, Does anyone else think there may be some silver/grey on the Brisbane Bombers jersey?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The guy who designed that would be me, and I am a massive Wests Tigers fan, so I am definitely not ignorant of the colours.

The design was created just to see what could be done with the logo's colours, which I am not a fan of as they are not unique to the league and just tweaking what the Broncos use (simply replace the orange with yellow and you have the Broncos).

Apologies then. I was looking through your photobucket account and just saw page after page of AFL jersey designs.

Craegus

Juniors
Apologies then. I was looking through your photobucket account and just saw page after page of AFL jersey designs.

No probs. I am also a member of an AFL forum that has design comps on it, thus why all the AFL designs. Though if you go further back you will see some League and then a lot of Soccer designs as well.

Goddo

Bench
What have we been saying about TV rights prefering Brisbane?

THE NRL dare not dream about a $1 billion TV deal unless it punctuates games with mandatory stoppages for commercials, according to Channel 9 boss David Gyngell.
In a candid declaration of Nine's approach to the upcoming rights negotiations, Gyngell yesterday challenged the NRL to manipulate longer breaks of play at scrums and drop-outs to match AFL's ad-friendly format.
He also revealed the network's views on a range of other crucial broadcast issues, including:
A CLEAR preference for a second Brisbane team, which would allow Nine to abandon Friday night double-headers;

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/channel-nine-boss-david-gyngell-says-league-games-will-need-more-stoppages-for-ad-breaks-if-they-want-1bn-tv-deal/story-e6frexnr-1226098663955

BuffaloRules

Coach
Gee who would have thought that a TV station would prefer a 2nd team in Brisbane?

Seems like a revolutionary idea..

Not sure I follow his further point though about how this will mean Nine will abandon double headers? Would like to see more comments from him on this point.

Maybe an option would be to still have 2 games on a Friday night. Show the Sydney biased game live into Sydney and vice versa for the Brisbane game. This would allow the reverse game to be shown on Fox at 9.30pm on Friday nights?

Goddo

Bench
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...hunt-back-to-nrl/story-e6frexnr-1226098717072

Broncos out but NRL bid team Brisbane Bombers keen to lure Karmichael Hunt back to NRL

THE Broncos say they have no plans to lure Karmichael Hunt home as prospective NRL rivals the Brisbane Bombers attempt to bring the AFL convert back to rugby league.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Brisbane NRL bid delegate Bill Rae has sounded out Hunt's management to gauge the possibility of him quitting the Suns to represent the Bombers should they win admission to the NRL in 2013.

But the Suns are prepared to up the ante, with football manager Marcus Ashcroft saying last night he wants Hunt to extend his tenure with the fledgling AFL club.

Hunt's $1 million a year Suns contract ends at the end of 2012 and he has impressed many AFL judges with the speed of his transition. But the prevailing sentiment in league circles is that he would eventually return to the sport that made him a household name.

The NRL's hopes of reclaiming Hunt are aided by the imminent broadcasting deal, which could see the game's marquee stars earn up to $1 million a season in 2013 under a salary cap tipped to rise to $7 million.

Hunt played 125 games for the Broncos, but a return to Red Hill now seems remote as the club invests in backline stars headlined by Josh Hoffman and Gerard Beale.

"K (Hunt) will always be a Bronco and he has many friends here. But the fact is, Karmichael Hunt coming back to rugby league in the short term is a completely unrealistic outcome," Broncos operations chief Andrew Gee said yesterday.

"Karmichael was a part of our club for a very long time and we know when he sets himself a challenge he will not stop until he has proven himself a success.

"Karmichael has chosen that path (AFL) now. How could any league club compete with the money he attracts there?

"Our club is in a very solid position and we have a great bunch of players on our roster that we plan to be the core of our group for the long term."

Rae confirmed last night he had spoken informally to Hunt's manager David Riolo about the former Queensland Origin custodian returning to rugby league.

The Central Coast bid team named Hunt in April as a priority signing.

"Karmichael is a league player at heart and it would be great to get him back to the game. It would be great for the Bombers and the NRL," Rae said.

"I've met with David Riolo, obviously we can't offer anything until if and when we get an NRL licence but he is aware of our thoughts.

"It would be great for Queensland rugby league to see him back in the game."

Riolo said: "In regards to the second Brisbane team, until they actually exist and have a licence to play in the NRL, it's hypothetical, it's not even a consideration.

"I know people want to know what K wants to do, but at the moment he has 18 months to run on his AFL contract and let's work through that."

Ashcroft said the Suns are rapt with Hunt and want him on board beyond next season.

"He's played 12 out of a possible 15 games, which is an extraordinary effort in his first year of AFL," he said.

"We hope that Karmichael has enjoyed his experience and the culture of our football club. Hopefully by the end of 2012 our club is pushing up the ladder and challenging for finals.

"We'd love to keep him here as long as we can. We think he has a real chance to make a name for himself in the AFL and we don't want to lose him."

Goddo

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...shillington-20110720-1hoz6.html#ixzz1Sgg59ri3
Bombers clause for Shillington

CANBERRA prop David Shillington says he may still see out his career with the Raiders despite confirming he has a get-out clause in his contract to join the proposed Brisbane Bombers from 2014.

Raiders chief executive Don Furner said yesterday the club agreed to the clause because of the 29-year-old's age and status in the game. However, the contract dictates Shillington can only join a new Queensland team, not an existing club.

''He asked if he was to receive an offer would the club consider releasing him, but only to the new Queensland club,'' Furner said.

''It's something we allowed because Shillo is important to us … What [the players] look at is longevity. He might get offered a four-year deal by the new franchise when he's got one year to go with us, [and] that'd become the new England for him.''

The Brisbane Bombers launched its brand last week and are hopeful of being admitted into the NRL.

Canberra announced a fortnight ago they had agreed to terms with Shillington until the end of 2015.

The contract is yet to be signed, but Shillington's manager Andrew Purcell said he expected the deal would be made official next week.

It is understood the NRL has no plans for expansion until at least the 2014 season.

docbrown

Coach
Not sure I follow his further point though about how this will mean Nine will abandon double headers? Would like to see more comments from him on this point.

As I've said before, a 2nd Brisbane team has been on LEK's radar. Remember - what LEK does is to find out what the Networks want - and this is the network saying they want more Qld coverage - hence why I'm a massive proponent of the dual F2A double headers and 2 Qld team on F2A each week.

It seem like what he's saying though is that they'd only have 1 game on a Friday - and it would feature either Broncos or Brisbane 2 every week. Ultimately that becomes quite a repetitive fixture if its the only choice.

I'd rather see them keep the 2 Friday games and if they want to get out of the 9:30pm slot, give both games to subscription television ad free delayed at 9:30pm.

babyg

Juniors
As I've said before, a 2nd Brisbane team has been on LEK's radar. Remember - what LEK does is to find out what the Networks want - and this is the network saying they want more Qld coverage - hence why I'm a massive proponent of the dual F2A double headers and 2 Qld team on F2A each week.

It seem like what he's saying though is that they'd only have 1 game on a Friday - and it would feature either Broncos or Brisbane 2 every week. Ultimately that becomes quite a repetitive fixture if its the only choice.

I'd rather see them keep the 2 Friday games and if they want to get out of the 9:30pm slot, give both games to subscription television ad free delayed at 9:30pm.

At agree, i think Friday night double headers work. And I'm warming to the Sunday double.

Channel 9 CEO wants another Brisbane team so I think the Bombers are as good as in.

On the Jersy I'm thinking it'll be close to the Roar colours. Which isn't a bad thing as it will have instant brand recognition as a Qld team. Still not sure anyone should be promoting the Dutch link to Brisbane be I think we are stuck with it now.

Goddo

Bench
Personally I think the Ipswich team will get the nod.

Reds & Jets.... get on the double.

So do I. Reds and Jets for the win. This bid has made a lot of noise and got great publicity, but its brand is gay.

I'd love to see this bid rebranded as "Brisbane Valleys" with a Kookaburra mascot.

Last edited:

Latest posts