What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

_Johnsy

Referee
I like Brisbane brothers, even bocats would be better than those on the CM website.
bobcatlogo2.jpg

Desert Qlder

First Grade
They seem to be after nothing more then just making the newspapers and the bulletins. IT really is disappointing, a Brisbane 2 bid deserves a well put together and professional bid. However this sounds very childish and instead of doing the hard yards it seems they just want their name out there. Very disappointing for anyone who seriously likes the idea of 2 Brisbane teams.

Doing market research and putting together business plans are terribly unprofessional things to do. And how dare they attract media attention to bring awareness to potential new fans.

I would suggest to stop contributing to this thread mate, you are making an idiot of yourself.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Nobody should be getting worked up by the names the courier is suggesting, they will have no influence in the decision making process. In fact, that will probably be done much further down the track.

It is still hard to top 'Diehards' for mine, even though it drips with sentimentality. But with the right approach from the bid team, they may just pull it off by paying respect to the city's fine footy history.

Smiley

Bench
Brisbane Convicts
Brisbane Devils
Brisbane Demons
Brisbane Brothers
Brisbane Bombers
Brisbane Muddies (Mud Crabs)

Bulls should be saved for CQ.

adamkungl

Immortal
They seem to be after nothing more then just making the newspapers and the bulletins. IT really is disappointing, a Brisbane 2 bid deserves a well put together and professional bid. However this sounds very childish and instead of doing the hard yards it seems they just want their name out there. Very disappointing for anyone who seriously likes the idea of 2 Brisbane teams.

lolwut. I'm a CC/Reds supporter, but you're just being plain biased. Take off the red and black glasses...there's nothing to suggest this won't be a powerful bid.

adamkungl

Immortal
Diehards and Devils are the best suggestions imo.
Diehards for historical reasons, and its a sorta cool name, and they could sign Bruce Willis as coach.
Devils is also a good name. Marketable, intimidating, etc, I don't think there's a professional sporting club called the Devils in Australia, and I played for the Greystanes Devils when I was a kid :D

fightingirish69

Juniors
Diehards and Devils are the best suggestions imo.
Diehards for historical reasons, and its a sorta cool name, and they could sign Bruce Willis as coach.
Devils is also a good name. Marketable, intimidating, etc, I don't think there's a professional sporting club called the Devils in Australia, and I played for the Greystanes Devils when I was a kid :D

norths devils a professional rugby league club for decades in brisbane, boasted players like joe kilroy, greg conescu and mark murray

BDGS

Bench
???

It's been like, what, less than a week since this has been announced?

My point exactly.

Doing market research and putting together business plans are terribly unprofessional things to do. And how dare they attract media attention to bring awareness to potential new fans.

Ah huh, but how sure are you thats what they are doing? Do you sit in on their meetings? There is a major difference in attracting media attention and fishing for media attention.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ah huh, but how sure are you thats what they are doing? Do you sit in on their meetings? There is a major difference in attracting media attention and fishing for media attention.
Do you sit in their meetings AngryBear? How do you know what they are doing more than anyone else? Don't tell me you've got unnameable sources within this bid as well.

smithie

Juniors
Where'd you hear that? Honestly seems like a strange choice, both are already used on the Broncos jersey.

I think it's a strange choice too. Those colours don't usually go together too well.

The Brisbane NRL consortium will adopt colours of maroon and blue if formally invited to join the NRL.

The proposed jersey is a well-guarded secret, but it is understood a sportswear manufacturer, based in Queensland, has already begun work on a range of design options.

Rae said the three-man consortium had yet to seriously discuss a team name and logo, with the Queensland public to have the final say if the NRL gives the prospective franchise the green light.

The Sunday Mail is kicking off the search for a name today. You can vote on your favourite above, or if you think you have a better suggestion, tell us what you think the team should be called in the comments section below.

"We're going to get all the schoolkids to come up with a name and we'll build momentum with a competition like that," Rae said.

"We feel the best way to get a name is to let the supporters get involved.

"Our colours will be maroon and blue. It will be pretty similar in style to the (Queensland) State of Origin jumper."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-the-nrl-in-2013/story-e6frep5o-1225996596543

BDGS

Bench
Do you sit in their meetings AngryBear? How do you know what they are doing more than anyone else? Don't tell me you've got unnameable sources within this bid as well.

I don't know anybody within this bid, however every time they get mentioned in the news or quoted or interviewed on TV they do not impress.

saying weird things like "we didn't expect the negative reaction we got" and things like "I am a Broncos supporter and that will become number 2 and this team will be number 1". This fills up news time but tells the viewer nothing about the bid, especially annoying when direct questions are sidestepped.

Then they come up with the list of 6 possible names, i think its about 70% of the poll voting for the 'other' option. It's little wonder why, the list seems like somebody just typed into google "sporting names" or something.

It's these fine details that tell a lot about a organisation to me, you even have the CEO being asked a direct question and watched him danced around it like a politician would on fox sports news.

It's not a good look and to me it's making the Ipswich bid look like genius'.

I don't know, it's almost like there is a lack of passion behind the bid where'd i hope a Second Brisbane bid would be run along the same lines of professionalism, passion and confidence as the Broncos.

Next thing you know, they are ripping off the Broncos colours.

It's almost like, oh well can't buy the Broncos let's start our own team. Looks childish.

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
BDGS those names were made up by the SundayMail. Nothing whatsoever to do with the bid name possibilities.

I just thought how hilariously stupid the suggestions were by the paper considering the direction the bid team previously said they were going with the names.

Bunniesman going by the bids logo design (battle for Brisbane) the colours will be the same shades as:

098733-brisbane-nrl-expansion-bid.jpg

aus_blu_purp_jers_300.jpg

Last edited:

Smiley

Bench
I think it's a strange choice too. Those colours don't usually go together too well.

Blue and Maroon go brilliantly together. You only have to look at the number of teams that use it in English football.

Mackay Cutter in the QCup use them.

cutters_t312.jpg

Latest posts