What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Anyone got any good jeresy designs going?

Its really hard to come up with something unique, screams "Queensland", looks good and doesn't step on current NRL sides (or bids) toes.

I came up with two tone green (forest and light forest) with a light yellow, the light blue and maroon looks good too... anyone got anything better?

Interesting that they have people trying to buy corporate boxes already! I hope the IC release some info on the criteria they will use to split the bids.

I'd say its a 3 horse race, with Central Coast to miss out - they can't change their geography or population to catch the other two.
I think a dark green, white and combination would be well. Green is an under used colour in the NRL (only souths and Canberra).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Blue, Maroon and Gold looks ok

Not surprised re the corporate boxes, Suncorp is such a great stadium that if I was a business in Brisbane I'd want to be having a box to wine and dine customers there every weekend at an NRL game as well.

BDGS

Bench
If this Brisbane side announced that they had $500 million dollars worth of corporate support, 100,000 ticketed members and that Jesus Christ and Buddha were going to be the inaugural half combination you'd still criticize it.
Play another tune lad, one that isn't bears orientated. You might be taken more seriously then.

If they had all that, then i would say they are running their bid correctly. And you showing that you know nothing again, i have said many time if a second Brisbane bid was run correctly i would support it fully. Unfortunately, there aren't any.

JMO

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You being serious? Given the lead time the website has had (the placeholder has been there well over a month), I would've thought the launch would've been complete, not fragmented with unfinished pages.

BTW, if the Brisbane2 bid had those qualities, it wouldn't be a bid, it would be already part of the game. :p
I'm only talking about the build our team section which 'BearDGS' mentioned was blank. As can be expected. The whole website is ambiguous at the moment but time, you'd hope/think, will change this.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If they had all that, then i would say they are running their bid correctly. And you showing that you know nothing again, i have said many time if a second Brisbane bid was run correctly i would support it fully. Unfortunately, there aren't any.

JMO
And I have said that I am not against a Bears side, but I have warned against banking on hard work, sentiment and at times tenious links with the past as the golden ticket into the NRL.

Dogs Of War

Coach
how do you become a "full ticketed member" of a side that currently is not in the NRL?

Similar to what GWS did in Canberra. The money goes towards your season ticket (like a downpayment) if the bid gets up. Thus you can say they are not just supporting the bid, but as well have committed to being full ticketed members in the future, by putting a downpayment in.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think his point is, and it's a fair one, is that if they're 100% certain they're submitting a bid, they should not be ambiguous in any way, shape or form. They should be clearly stating everything, making sure they're fully transparent, and that includes the operation of their website.

Admittedly the Bears website was dodgy at first but an upgrade around 12-18 months ago has made it a bit more user-friendly and all the vital info is there.

applesauce

Bench
Here are a few of mine:

They will insist on marron and sky blue unfortunately, here is the best I could come up with for that colour scheme:
BNEBLUE.jpg

Brothers:
BNEbro2.jpg
bnebro1.jpg

Devils:
bnedevils.jpg

BDGS

Bench
And I have said that I am not against a Bears side, but I have warned against banking on hard work, sentiment and at times tenious links with the past as the golden ticket into the NRL.

fair enough but how did this become about the Bears?

My comments were purely on this bid.

Here are a few of mine:

They will insist on marron and sky blue unfortunately, here is the best I could come up with for that colour scheme:
BNEBLUE.jpg

Brothers:
BNEbro2.jpg
bnebro1.jpg

Devils:
bnedevils.jpg

I tried doing that, but when i clicked "load save design", nothing happened, same with that save for later option.

flippikat

Bench
Here are a few of mine:

BNEBLUE.jpg

Brothers:
BNEbro2.jpg
bnebro1.jpg

Devils:
bnedevils.jpg

The Black & Red design is a bit on the nose, ain't it??? :)

I think the green & blue design looks great & totally distinctive - I hope the NRL get a team wearing those colours sometime soon - perhaps with a dash more green
Some bias here, but I wish they would be used by the Warriors or an expansion New Zealand-based team.
I don't like having the Warriors in Black & White, because black & white is the Kiwis colours, and Warriors should have a totally separate identity.

I think sky blue & maroon are a winner for this bid.
It's a good look.

Beowulf

Juniors
Is this the saddest thing you have seen for a while? You can smell the desperation of the Bears fans.]

http://onehd.com.au/video.htm?movideo_m=92676&tags=sport:code!Rugby League

Since you're attacking Bears fans were entitled now to come in and say how brilliant it was that in Sydney not one TV station carried news of this bid launch aside from Channel 10 whose anchor Bill Woods is right behind the Bears bid, carrying a 20 second advertisement for the CC Bears bid! Priceless ambush marketing example!

Oh well, I suppose that happens when you go around thumping your chest and bagging community based organisations (and thus the community) when you've been on the block two seconds....and launch a bid after all that hype that is less financial than the Bears and at best on a par with WA and CQ.

With the Bears overwhelming favourites with the bookies, the only desperation we have is that another team will be close enough to us that the NRL will admit them to allow another TV game, so not sure where you're coming from there. Given WA Reds are a year ahead of Brisbane2, and the wild statements coming out of Davison's mouth, we all know whose desperate here!

nko11

Juniors
I've got no problem with the bears coming back in, if it's good for rugby league then I'm happy. I'd just wish instead of bringing down other bids, they would focus on making their bid the best. So far the bears bid is the best, i must say, but i have seen quite a lot of put downs on other bids pages by bears fans.

This incident probably isn't the worst thing. But still, let the other bid team have the glory of their bid day to themselves.

Bears supporters aren't desperate just passionate. Brisbane 2 came out attacking bids the other week. They attacked Central QLD, Central Coast & Ipswich. Central QLD & Ipswich countered via. their bid CEO's. However because the Central Coast Bears actually have fans, they countered with Brisbane based fans. You can't have it both ways. Either acknowledge every bid is aiming shots at eachother or none at all. Ive said from day one, having an established fan base cannot be under estimated. Fans are the life blood of any club. They buy memberships, foxtel, game tickets, merchandise..

TV money is great but whats the use if you don't have the fan base to support it?

Beowulf

Juniors
I've got no problem with the bears coming back in, if it's good for rugby league then I'm happy. I'd just wish instead of bringing down other bids, they would focus on making their bid the best. So far the bears bid is the best, i must say, but i have seen quite a lot of put downs on other bids pages by bears fans.

This incident probably isn't the worst thing. But still, let the other bid team have the glory of their bid day to themselves.

Hey, no one had to put it in the news - and that Davison bloke deserves no favours with his disrespect of the Bears. At least it meant the Brisbane bid got mentioned in Sydney on the news, though it was all of 5 seconds then 20 seconds about the Bears!

I think you'll find from reading the threads that objective posters have noted the antaganism directed mainly from SEQ bid supporters towards Bears fans. You can only be trolled for so long before telling an imbecile to go f&#% spiders.

The Bears just need to stick to their knitting - building their membership base and the rest will take care of itself.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bears management has barely said a word about other bids...unlike the QLD bids constantly putting sh*t on each other

Latest posts