What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

BDGS

Bench
The bears website has memberships for $20. In fact kids memberships are only $15. Why would a majority of people pay $80?

The CC can't even claim the North Shore. That's the other stupid thing about this bid. They keep using figures on population etc by including the whole of North Sydney in their figures. But North Sydney already has an NRL team, Manly. So how can this bid claim the North Shore as its own?

Bahahaha that is the funniest thing i have ever heard on this forum.

BDGS

Bench
Correct and good analogy. With all due respect for the Bears supporters gathering these cheaper memberships their stands at shopping plazas and Mcdonalds are akin to buying a raffle ticket from the lions club or making a one off donation to a charity.

Thank you for reinstating the point by using a very similar analogy.

And Timmah, Jay Shermann is from the critic, not the family guy.

Ah so very important.

Last edited:

Smiley

Bench
The Build Our Team works fine on IE but nothing shows up on Firefox.

Created the Brisbane Brewers but it failed to submit.

BDGS

Bench
The point is, Brisbane and surrounds has a far greater population and a second club has a far greater financial potential, crowd potential, player potential, media profile potential and TV ratings potential than the CC, even if it wants to try and suggest that North Sydney is somehow part of its territory.

The Brisbane market is the third biggest in Australia and the second biggest RL area. Currently it shares the elite pro sport market with three other football codes and based purely on club numbers only holds 1/4 of the market. That needs to increase. We need a bigger market share in such a big market, especially one that is so important to RL.

and one that is already represented by a team.

applesauce

Bench
so what area are they representing?

this is what i have been saying for a while, it seems very unprofessional and for that to happen on their own web site. Oh lord.

They mention South multiple times but only in the part do they mention North and Western so I presume it is a typo sand they ment "South and Western regions".

If not I don't know what to think...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Their sponsoships were a bit disappointing as well, basically they are just partner sponsorships rather than actual corporate sponsorships. Drink at ground, radio station, kit and betting. Probably only the betting one is significant. Bears still have the lead here but even their much touted Mortgage House sponsorshsip turned out to be an underwriting in return for some level of ownership and therefore not a pure corporate sponsorship.

BDGS

Bench
Their sponsoships were a bit disappointing as well, basically they are just partner sponsorships rather than actual corporate sponsorships. Drink at ground, radio station, kit and betting. Probably only the betting one is significant. Bears still have the lead here but even their much touted Mortgage House sponsorshsip turned out to be an underwriting in return for some level of ownership and therefore not a pure corporate sponsorship.

Agree with this.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thank you for reinstating the point by using a very similar analogy.
It seems I taught you a new word today. The analogy is apt - when you buy a raffle ticket you do so to show you support a cause, the people buying Bears memberships are doing a similar thing. Showing support for a CC team, not commiting themselves to becoming full ticketed members or similar if the bears come in.

Ah so very important.
Timmah, he may correct me if I'm wrong, got the joke. I wouldn't expect you to as I know subtlety isn't a strong point of yours.

BDGS

Bench
It seems I taught you a new word today. The analogy is apt - when you buy a raffle ticket you do so to show you support a cause, the people buying Bears memberships are doing a similar thing. Showing support for a CC team, not commiting themselves to becoming full ticketed members or similar if the bears come in.

how do you become a "full ticketed member" of a side that currently is not in the NRL?

Timmah, he may correct me if I'm wrong, got the joke. I wouldn't expect you to as I know subtlety isn't a strong point of yours.

I got it, the importance of the joke is limited. (at best)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The build our team section is blank, almost fitting really.
I wonder why it is blank? Could it be that when you start building a team you start from nothing? Could it be that today was the first day that they started building the team?

Just for you here are: :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: to show that I'm being sarcastic.

If this Brisbane side announced that they had $500 million dollars worth of corporate support, 100,000 ticketed members and that Jesus Christ and Buddha were going to be the inaugural half combination you'd still criticize it.
Play another tune lad, one that isn't bears orientated. You might be taken more seriously then.

Goddo

Bench
Anyone got any good jeresy designs going?

Its really hard to come up with something unique, screams "Queensland", looks good and doesn't step on current NRL sides (or bids) toes.

I came up with two tone green (forest and light forest) with a light yellow, the light blue and maroon looks good too... anyone got anything better?

Interesting that they have people trying to buy corporate boxes already! I hope the IC release some info on the criteria they will use to split the bids.

I'd say its a 3 horse race, with Central Coast to miss out - they can't change their geography or population to catch the other two.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Showing support for a CC team, not commiting themselves to becoming full ticketed members or similar if the bears come in.

how do you become a "full ticketed member" of a side that currently is not in the NRL?

Do you actually read anything you respond to?

I got it, the importance of the joke is limited. (at best)
I didn't place any importance on the joke. You're the one who brought a throwaway line to prominence.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wonder why it is blank? Could it be that when you start building a team you start from nothing? Could it be that today was the first day that they started building the team?

Just for you here are: :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: to show that I'm being sarcastic.

If this Brisbane side announced that they had $500 million dollars worth of corporate support, 100,000 ticketed members and that Jesus Christ and Buddha were going to be the inaugural half combination you'd still criticize it.
Play another tune lad, one that isn't bears orientated. You might be taken more seriously then.

You being serious? Given the lead time the website has had (the placeholder has been there well over a month), I would've thought the launch would've been complete, not fragmented with unfinished pages.

BTW, if the Brisbane2 bid had those qualities, it wouldn't be a bid, it would be already part of the game. :p

Latest posts