What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
That might be the Manly way, not the Bears way. See you at North Sydney Oval in 2013 (if you are one of the 100 brave enough to cross the Spit Bridge). After today's $3.5 million announcement, poor old Manly (get used to that over the next 10 years till you relocate to the Sunshine Coast or Wellington) must be rueing the day they mistreated the Coast and flew back to Brokevale!

nice attempt at deflection you did not answer the question.......have you got the proof that the skateboard kid was asked the question, or did he say it of his own accord......or are you trying to bamboozle us with bullsh*t and hope that we will swallow it

BDGS

Bench
nice attempt at deflection you did not answer the question.......have you got the proof that the skateboard kid was asked the question, or did he say it of his own accord......or are you trying to bamboozle us with bullsh*t and hope that we will swallow it

These are the direct quotes from Flo

''We would be ready,'' Florimo said night. ''The biggest challenge is that we haven't got the players, but we would make sure that we got them. It would be difficult to get the blue-chip players you want in such a short time but we'd rise to the challenge.
'''We've only got a small staff at the moment and we'd obviously have to expand at a rapid rate as a business, but we certainly have the planning and the model to do that.''

The bolded part is without a doubt an answer to a question.

Beowulf

Juniors

Let the hate go! Most Manly fans I meet in Manly and surrounds are fully behind the Bears so the rivalry can be re-ignited AND they have access to a close away game at NS Oval. Certainly many high profile ex players I have talked to agree...seems its only a few Manly officials that can't see that the Bears will keep Manly breathing on the peninsula longer, by increasing interest in the game on the lower north shore, most of whose players would gravitate to Manly (due proximity). Plus the gate receipts from a full house and extra promotional opportunities/merchandising etc....some people just can't get past the hate to see the advantages.

Or perhaps they can see it, and are just starting the hype early? In which case, you're smarter than I gave you credit for!

Beowulf

Juniors

Or perhaps they can see it, and are just starting the hype early? In which case, you're smarter than I gave you credit for!

A double post, but my last para. was too good not to repeat.

Last edited:
Let the hate go! Most Manly fans I meet in Manly and surrounds are fully behind the Bears so the rivalry can be re-ignited AND they have access to a close away game at NS Oval. Certainly many high profile ex players I have talked to agree...seems its only a few Manly officials that can't see that the Bears will keep Manly breathing on the peninsula longer, by increasing interest in the game on the lower north shore, most of whose players would gravitate to Manly (due proximity). Plus the gate receipts from a full house and extra promotional opportunities/merchandising etc....some people just can't get past the hate to see the advantages.

and again another nice try at deflection.......but you still have not answered the question, have you got the proof that the skateboard kid was asked the question, and did not say this about melbourne and the sharks without being asked

mattyf

Juniors
This is best bid by far, beat boss and leader who get things done! It's an area that needs another team, soooo many jnrs up there plus we need another QLD team for the Tigers to beat, besting 3 a yr isn't satisfying enough.

Goddo

Bench
This is best bid by far, beat boss and leader who get things done! It's an area that needs another team, soooo many jnrs up there plus we need another QLD team for the Tigers to beat, besting 3 a yr isn't satisfying enough.

True that. Perth and Brisbane must be the favourites. The weak Central Coast bid doesn't stand a chance.

bobmar28

Bench
Wrong, wrong wrong. Our management are waiting in the wings for an NRL franchise. It was the NRL who put us on stand by for the Sharks.. it was the media who asked "if the Storm were to fall, would the Bears be ready?". Which Greg Florimo answered truthfully... "yes, we'd be ready"... keep trying.

Sugar, and here I was thinking I was against the Brisbane 2 bid for the reasons I mentioned above and for the fact that Ive lived in Brisbane. Big round of applause to the guy who doesn't know me from a bar of soap but amazingly understands my every motive... however if that were the reason i'd be against Central Queensland, W.A. Reds and/or New Zealand 2 as well. But my perfect scenario involves bringing in 4 teams over a span of 5 years, which includes Brisbane 2.. so there goes your little theory out the window..

You seem to be in favour of those bids that would be no threat to the Bears bid.

Beowulf

Juniors
and again another nice try at deflection.......but you still have not answered the question, have you got the proof that the skateboard kid was asked the question, and did not say this about melbourne and the sharks without being asked

You never asked me a question - BDGS was asked and he answered it clearly above re Melbourne. The NRL contacted the CC Bears re the Sharks issue and asked would we be ready to enter the comp ASAP if it became necessary. Flo said yes.

Good luck to Brisbane's bid.

BDGS

Bench
You never asked me a question - BDGS was asked and he answered it clearly above re Melbourne. The NRL contacted the CC Bears re the Sharks issue and asked would we be ready to enter the comp ASAP if it became necessary. Flo said yes.

Good luck to Brisbane's bid.

I think he asked you, but i did answer it above.

I think he asked you, but i did answer it above.

if you read more of the article that you quoted, imo it looks like he has said it without being asked the question

THE Central Coast Bears claim they will be ready to fill the breach by 2011 should the salary-cap scandal engulfing Melbourne force them out of the NRL.
With a question mark over the Storm following yesterday's revelations, Bears boss Greg Florimo insisted they could assemble a team in time for next season.
''We would be ready,'' Florimo said night. ''The biggest challenge is that we haven't got the players, but we would make sure that we got them. It would be difficult to get the blue-chip

True that. Perth and Brisbane must be the favourites. The weak Central Coast bid doesn't stand a chance.

So you onced claimed that because the CC bid is the most advanced now that it doesn't mean anything for later.. however now the CC bid is weak in your opinion? Well if they're weak, what does that make the other bids? No hope? Pathetic? Dead in the water? If you don't believe the CC should be the next team in that is your opinion. However to call the bid weak? Well that just shows you will stoop to any level to undermine the bid itself. You know the bid isn't weak. Do I REALLY have to mention everything about the bid again just for you?

if you read more of the article that you quoted, imo it looks like he has said it without being asked the question

THE Central Coast Bears claim they will be ready to fill the breach by 2011 should the salary-cap scandal engulfing Melbourne force them out of the NRL.
With a question mark over the Storm following yesterday's revelations, Bears boss Greg Florimo insisted they could assemble a team in time for next season.
''We would be ready,'' Florimo said night. ''The biggest challenge is that we haven't got the players, but we would make sure that we got them. It would be difficult to get the blue-chip

Not everyone jumps the gun like you. I know for a fact he was asked the question. Mr. Lopez was there when it happened. But again what would I know about the CCBEARS bid right :roll::sarcasm:????

So you onced claimed that because the CC bid is the most advanced now that it doesn't mean anything for later.. however now the CC bid is weak in your opinion? Well if they're weak, what does that make the other bids? No hope? Pathetic? Dead in the water? If you don't believe the CC should be the next team in that is your opinion. However to call the bid weak? Well that just shows you will stoop to any level to undermine the bid itself. You know the bid isn't weak. Do I REALLY have to mention everything about the bid again just for you?

Not everyone jumps the gun like you. I know for a fact he was asked the question. Mr. Lopez was there when it happened. But again what would I know about the CCBEARS bid right :roll::sarcasm:????

where is your proof, anybody can claim anything on an internet forum, possibly more bamboozle them with bullsh*t and hope they swallow it.....if there is the minute chance he was asked.....it is still poor form hovering over the carcass of two clubs that were possibly going to die, a little bit of tact would have gone down well.......but what do you expect from a club, that during the dark days of the JV claimed that they were going to be playing out of gosford in six years as a stand alone club when the licence finished

and their major sponsor that they bought to the JV was not worth anything except 300,000 barter points in other words worthless

shows a fair bit of form, imo

Last edited:
where is your proof, anybody can claim anything on an internet forum, possibly more bamboozle them with bullsh*t and hope they swallow it.....if there is the minute chance he was asked.....it is still poor form hovering over the carcass of two clubs that were possibly going to die, a little bit of tact would have gone down well.......but what do you expect from a club, that during the dark days of the JV claimed that they were going to be playing out of gosford in six years as a stand alone club when the licence finished

and their major sponsor that they bought to the JV was not worth anything except 300,000 barter points in other words worthless

I'm the proof. Robert Lopez is the proof. SMH is the proof. Either believe me, someone who has been working with this bid since it's inception or take a hike. I got no time to chase up information for people who won't appreciate it and will dismiss it anyways.

Our major sponsors now are worth a combined value of $6.5m/p.a. That's before we get into equity or into private shares or into the revenue obtained from merchandise/memberships or the grants given by Labour or the $3.5m from Liberals for the land acquisition to build the Center of Excellence.

What does this have to do with Manly anyways? It was Manly who chose to move all the N.E. games half way through from Bluetongue back to Brookvale. The license reverted back to Manly. What are you so upset about?
Worry about your own clubs finances mate. We're very good over this side.

Last edited:
I'm the proof. Robert Lopez is the proof. SMH is the proof. Either believe me, someone who has been working with this bid since it's inception or take a hike. I got no time to chase up information for people who won't appreciate it and will dismiss it anyways.

Our major sponsors now are worth a combined value of $6.5m/p.a. That's before we get into equity or into private shares or into the revenue obtained from merchandise/memberships or the grants given by Labour or the $3.5m from Liberals for the land acquisition to build the Center of Excellence.

What does this have to do with Manly anyways? It was Manly who chose to move all the N.E. games half way through from Bluetongue back to Brookvale. The license reverted back to Manly. What are you so upset about?
Worry about your own clubs finances mate. We're very good over this side.

how do you know what i think, if you guys had proof of your claims, instead of just throwing stuff out there, and hope we will swallow it and not question it, i would say good on you

there has been many times on the forums where i have been proven wrong, and i have asked for ice cream with my humble pie

we get it, you have sponsors coming out your ears, well done

BDGS

Bench
how do you know what i think, if you guys had proof of your claims, instead of just throwing stuff out there, and hope we will swallow it and not question it, i would say good on you

there has been many times on the forums where i have been proven wrong, and i have asked for ice cream with my humble pie

we get it, you have sponsors coming out your ears, well done

If your own child said something about their lives to you would you ask for proof or accept what they say?

RBB is involved with this bid, he knows because he talks to the ppl on the inside. It is impossible to prove unless RBB records every conversation he ever has on a tape recorder just for situations like this.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors

Boo Hoo :(:(,
Hovering over a carcass ?? Very rich coming from a Sea Eagle.
Get a grip HBJ1954.
Go and hug a tree or something