What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

clarency

Juniors

Now king me.

I don't have a problem with the article. He's given his thoughts on the best options for the NRL and even praised the CCB bid. CCB management disagreed with his opinion. The end.

I don't put it on the same level as CQLD management accusing Bris2 of being "arrogant". Their attack had nothing to do with the bid itself and really was just an attempt to get another appearance in the media.

Check mate? I asked where I could find an article. You've provided it. You're the one that needs the check, mate.

From the article I can see that Davison has had a direct go at the bears. Which was what I was seeking to clarify. Poor form from him but hardly a reason to dismiss their bid entirely.

Who is dismissing the Brisbane 2 bid based on their opinion of the CCBEARS? I'm personally dismissing them because they aren't ready. They don't have a clue about what area they actually want to represent (North/West - South??). They have been cutting the Broncos & jets grass since they came public about the bid. It seems that Davison is more concerned about ripping the Broncos apart then actually setting up a solid franchise. No community support thus far.

I'm all for a Brisbane 2 side when they are ready. When the community wants it and when the bid is in the best interests of the game, of the locals. At the moment this is the Mr. Davison show, the only reason this bid is even in existence is because he didn't get the Broncos gig he desired last year.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Who is dismissing the Brisbane 2 bid based on their opinion of the CCBEARS? I'm personally dismissing them because they aren't ready. They don't have a clue about what area they actually want to represent (North/West - South??). They have been cutting the Broncos & jets grass since they came public about the bid. It seems that Davison is more concerned about ripping the Broncos apart then actually setting up a solid franchise. No community support thus far.

I'm all for a Brisbane 2 side when they are ready. When the community wants it and when the bid is in the best interests of the game, of the locals.
Fair suck of the sav RB&B. You're against the Brisbane bid purely for one reason. And that is because they are a threat to the Bears possible inclusion.

Your MANAGMENT were waiting in the wings for the Storm to collapse and made that public knowledge. I hardly call that taking the high road.

No-one here feels the need to point it out until you attack anything similar the BNE bid have said...

Wrong, wrong wrong. Our management are waiting in the wings for an NRL franchise. It was the NRL who put us on stand by for the Sharks.. it was the media who asked "if the Storm were to fall, would the Bears be ready?". Which Greg Florimo answered truthfully... "yes, we'd be ready"... keep trying.

Fair suck of the sav RB&B. You're against the Brisbane bid purely for one reason. And that is because they are a threat to the Bears possible inclusion.

Sugar, and here I was thinking I was against the Brisbane 2 bid for the reasons I mentioned above and for the fact that Ive lived in Brisbane. Big round of applause to the guy who doesn't know me from a bar of soap but amazingly understands my every motive... however if that were the reason i'd be against Central Queensland, W.A. Reds and/or New Zealand 2 as well. But my perfect scenario involves bringing in 4 teams over a span of 5 years, which includes Brisbane 2.. so there goes your little theory out the window..

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
MEL should have had their franchise suspended. The CCBear's are in the best position to enter the comp for this year.

applesauce

Bench
BNEII cleared up the miscommunitcation of what the website says on FB:

Brisbane NRL Expansion Bid
Ideally, at the moment, the team will be based south of the river. And our intention is to expand into the north and west of that region south of the river. I agree the sentence on the website is badly constructed and we'll re-write that later! Apologies for the confusion!
Friday at 11:19am

So around West End, St Lucia, Yeronga, Fairfield even Wooloongabba I'd say.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
5480346221_733b2a30dd.jpg

clarency

Juniors
I don't see the Titans having any major interference with the name Spartans. Regardless I think they can come up with something better.

Brisbane Sardines

istockphoto_6977041-angry-sardine-fish.jpg

Last edited:
How is the CC bid insecure when our management haven't said anything about any bid in any media outlet? As I keep saying from day one, it's our fans who are making the noise.

Bluecollar background are the very people which turn up to games every week, the very backbone of the game itself. It'll be their kids who play league who become the future stars. So I wouldn't be dissing the very people who support the game whole heartedly.

Also some bids (CC, W.A., CQ) prefer to tell the truth and their accomplishments rather than maybes, possibilities. Rumors sell news papers, not memberships.. not game tickets.

Well thats just silly. Of course he'd say that because HE WAS ASKED by the media if that were to happen, would the Central Coast Bears be ready to step up and fill the void. He never made that statement on it's own. Get your facts right.

Nice one mate. But the Bears are based on the CC. HQ is on the CC. 75% of members live on the CC. Training facilities on the CC. Operations ran on the CC. Majority local business partners on the CC.

he also said the same thing, re the sharks

have you got proof that he was asked this by the media........or is it more of the bamboozle them will bullsh*t and hope they swallow it

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The name for the 2nd side has already been announced by bears fans.

BRISBANE ARROGANCE
images

Another suggestion was:
Brisbane Bearf**kers.

Beowulf

Juniors
he also said the same thing, re the sharks

have you got proof that he was asked this by the media........or is it more of the bamboozle them will bullsh*t and hope they swallow it

That might be the Manly way, not the Bears way. See you at North Sydney Oval in 2013 (if you are one of the 100 brave enough to cross the Spit Bridge). After today's $3.5 million announcement, poor old Manly (get used to that over the next 10 years till you relocate to the Sunshine Coast or Wellington) must be rueing the day they mistreated the Coast and flew back to Brokevale!