What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

BDGS

Bench
Go post some more pictures mate, they are very entertaining and contribute so much to these forums :thumb

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Go post some more pictures mate, they are very entertaining and contribute so much to these forums :thumb

OK, here's one which I think captures you perfectly:

mr__irrelevant.jpg

And this one, well I just like this one.
images

Last edited:

Beowulf

Juniors
Neither. I am only opposed to the Bears bid because there are only so many franchises available and the CC is about fourth or fifth on the list of places where there should be a new NRL team.

Interesting you feel the need to lie in an attempt to discredit the Bears bid. I quote you directly yesterday at 6pm on the 2011 Membership page in response to a question on who you supported....you said

"Newcastle. But I think I'm just going to get a membership for the second Brisbane team when it starts its membership drive. Or the PNG bid when they finally start selling memberships."

So we know you and Hillbillyjazzer want to keep the CC for your own respective teams, like the Broncos and Titans don't want Brisbane2 or Ipswich. No news flash there. Just don't lie, please.

Interesting you feel the need to lie in an attempt to discredit the Bears bid. I quote you directly yesterday at 6pm on the 2011 Membership page in response to a question on who you supported....you said

"Newcastle. But I think I'm just going to get a membership for the second Brisbane team when it starts its membership drive. Or the PNG bid when they finally start selling memberships."

So we know you and Hillbillyjazzer want to keep the CC for your own respective teams, like the Broncos and Titans don't want Brisbane2 or Ipswich. No news flash there. Just don't lie, please.

bullsh*t as i said in response to trackhead ronnie why would i want the central coast, we have been there, and done that and it failed miserably

i want Manly at Brooky representing the Northern Beaches, even if you guys dont get in, as has been said before you have the lease on the ground so we are no chance anyway

you dont want any bullsh*t fair enough, i do not want the bears back because i detest them and want them to stay dead and buried, we were forced into a merger and you pricks tried to derail it from day 1, and screw Manly over to take the licence.....is that truthful enough for you

Beowulf

Juniors
bullsh*t as i said in response to trackhead ronnie why would i want the central coast, we have been there, and done that and it failed miserably

i want Manly at Brooky representing the Northern Beaches, even if you guys dont get in, as has been said before you have the lease on the ground so we are no chance anyway

you dont want any bullsh*t fair enough, i do not want the bears back because i detest them and want them to stay dead and buried, we were forced into a merger and you pricks tried to derail it from day 1, and screw Manly over to take the licence.....is that truthful enough for you

That's fine - at least your being up front. I think any objective assessment of the Northern Eagles would be that both parties went into a marriage not trusting the other and it was doomed from the outset. There were faults on both sides as there always is in a failed marriage.

Hopefully, as North Sydney did in 1947 when we helped create Manly (even though we knew it would be to our eternal competitive detriment), Manly will return the debt of honour. I know from speaking to a couple of Manly ex-internationals that most in the Club would be fine to see the Bears - certainly most Manly fans I speak to feel the same or are at worst indifferent. I certainly wouldn't want to see Manly disappear as the NS Oval & Brookvale matches were awesome in the 80's & 90's.

How dare you call me a liar you piece of sh*t. You made the moronic assumption that I was either a Manly fan or a Knights fan who lives on the CC. I am neither. I couldn't give a f**k about the CC. Neither do the Knights. And even if they did I wouldn't support them having anything to do with the CC. I support the Brisbane bid and the Perth bid ahead of any CC bid because their inclusion is the best thing for rugby league. So keep your f**king stupid conspiracy theories to yourself or you might just make more of a fool of yourself han you already have. It's dickheads like you that make people even less interested in your weak bid and even less concerned about what Bears fans think or say or want.

clarency

Juniors
Keep the insults to a minimum ay... If one says something that sh*ts you, don't reply right away. Wait it out and calm done. Otherwise you come off looking a lot worse than you could have.

Keep the insults to a minimum ay... If one says something that sh*ts you, don't reply right away. Wait it out and calm done. Otherwise you come off looking a lot worse than you could have.

fair comments, that is the last time i will bring up the northern eagles debacle in this thread, as this is not the place to do it

and to beowulf, fair comments, there were faults on both sides, thank f**k those dark days are over, and gone forever

Beowulf

Juniors
How dare you call me a liar you piece of sh*t.

You lied, not me. And trying to bluster out of your embarrassment by hurling insults just digs a bigger hole for yourself. All people ask for is people to give honest opinions and not lie. Passion is one thing to be applauded from all supporters. No excuse for lying however.

Beowulf

Juniors
fair comments, that is the last time i will bring up the northern eagles debacle in this thread, as this is not the place to do it

and to beowulf, fair comments, there were faults on both sides, thank f**k those dark days are over, and gone forever

Amen - good for all parties to move forward..

bobmar28

Bench
I don't really care, all i can say it what i have been told of. Want to argue it?

Go to this forum site biggest competitor and post about how small the comp is and see what happens.

but like i said, i don't give a sh*t.

So, you are saying that Queenslanders have the Q cup so they don't need any more NRL teams?

Billythekid

First Grade
You lied, not me. And trying to bluster out of your embarrassment by hurling insults just digs a bigger hole for yourself. All people ask for is people to give honest opinions and not lie. Passion is one thing to be applauded from all supporters. No excuse for lying however.

Actually he didn't lie (he doesn't live on the CC which was part of the question). Trying to discredit him like that is total BS.

I also think its pathetic that you of all people could call someone out as being biased on this issue. Its not like you have any either, right?

Actually he didn't lie (he doesn't live on the CC which was part of the question). Trying to discredit him like that is total BS.

I also think its pathetic that you of all people could call someone out as being biased on this issue. Its not like you have any either, right?
Correct.

What a piece of crap. And to come up with a ridiculous conspiracy theory about how other clubs "want the CC for themselves" just makes him look more like a dick.

Beowulf

Juniors

It's pathetic to hope that people can show enough respect to other posters to tell the truth? I feel I have every right to be angry but there are bigger issues in the world and swearing/name calling achieves nothing.

Now I know he's a Newcastle fan, it helps me understand his mindset. I've made no secret of the fact I'm a volunteer for the Bears bid so of course I'm biased towards their bid!!!! Everyone on this site is biased to one bid or the other.

Open communication helps everyone understand each others viewpoints better, but to be open you need disclosure. Shall we move on now?

It's pathetic to hope that people can show enough respect to other posters to tell the truth? I feel I have every right to be angry but there are bigger issues in the world and swearing/name calling achieves nothing.

Now I know he's a Newcastle fan, it helps me understand his mindset. I've made no secret of the fact I'm a volunteer for the Bears bid so of course I'm biased towards their bid!!!! Everyone on this site is biased to one bid or the other.

Open communication helps everyone understand each others viewpoints better, but to be open you need disclosure. Shall we move on now?
Hey dipsh*t, we don't want the CC. Newcastle has its own area and it's strong. The CC has nothing to offer the Knights. Their junior teams are woeful. Their fans are bogans. I'd be more pissed off with the Knights if they DID want anything to do with the CC.

My opposition to the Bears is based entirely on the fact that Brisbane, Perth, PNG and Wellington are all far far better venues for expansion than the CC. NSW has too many teams as is and this franchise offers next to nothing to rugby league. SEQ is a huge RL area and is growing and deserves more teams to ensure RL's dominance in this important region. Perth is a growing area and gives us a national game. Wellington and PNG will provide pathways for Kiwi and PNG players and strengthen the international game. The CC will do precisely nothing for anyone outside the CC. That's why I don't rate the Bears bid and no half-baked, ridiculous, paranoid, delusional conspiracy theories are involved whatsoever, except in your clearly geniused mind.

And you should apologise. How the hell could I know what you meant when you asked if I was a Newcastle fan who lived on the CC? That means exactly what it says.

Hey dipsh*t, we don't want the CC. Newcastle has its own area and it's strong. The CC has nothing to offer the Knights. Their junior teams are woeful. Their fans are bogans. I'd be more pissed off with the Knights if they DID want anything to do with the CC.

Central Coast Centurions. Akila Uate.

East Coast Tiger said:
My opposition to the Bears is based entirely on the fact that Brisbane, Perth, PNG and Wellington are all far far better venues for expansion than the CC. NSW has too many teams as is and this franchise offers next to nothing to rugby league. SEQ is a huge RL area and is growing and deserves more teams to ensure RL's dominance in this important region. Perth is a growing area and gives us a national game. Wellington and PNG will provide pathways for Kiwi and PNG players and strengthen the international game. The CC will do precisely nothing for anyone outside the CC. That's why I don't rate the Bears bid and no half-baked, ridiculous, paranoid, delusional conspiracy theories are involved whatsoever, except in your clearly geniused mind.

PNG getting a national team regardless of their third world problems? CC being a half baked bid when it's got more financial resources, more boxes ticked and more support in general than the others? SEQ being a huge RL area but CC not being one? CC not growing? CCBears do nothing for anyone outside CC, so thats why alot of heavy hitter investors from outside the CC want to invest in the bid? Conspiracy theories? Didn't know money in the bank going into active programs was conspiracy.

Your reasons have no substance.

Latest posts