What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
So, would you support the Ipswich Bid ahead of the Bears for NRL inclusion if they present an equivelant sponsorship portfolio? It is superior to the Bears in many major areas.

Oh, and thanks for trotting out the CC has 1.1m people line again. Always gets a laugh from me. Most of them live within 15km of the Harbour Bridge (and are all closer to several current sides than to Gosford), but don't let the truth ruin a good story hey?

Fes up, you just hate this and any other Qld bid because you know it makes more sense as a heartland bid for the future of the game than the Bears do.

Nope. If the NRL can strategise to bring in CCBears, W.A. Reds, Ipswich Jets/S.E.QLD. and CQ/NZII over a stretch of 5-7 years. I'm not satisfied with just 2 new teams.

Ofcourse I support the CCBears, didn't the username or threads suggest that?

CC + NS has been there from day dot. www.centralcoastbears.com.au explains it.

Brisbane + S.E. QLD is the same CC + North Shore. I don't hate any QLD bids. I am a Queenslander. However I personally know of the work and the bid the CCBears has. The flaws you guys argue on here aren't flaws at all and the appropriate people think equal.

The only flaws the bid had were center of excellence blueprint for further financial revenue which has been worked out. The NRL has from day one of this and W.A. Reds bids, acknowledged and encourage the work put in. Not only acknowledge to the bid teams themselves but to the media.

applesauce

Bench
Amazes me how not that long ago, many on here were praising the CC Bears bid and how they need to be in the top flight....but as soon as this faux "Brisbane 2" hot air arrives, tunes have changed? I wonder why?

Because a better option was presented. Pretty simple really.

Amazes me how not that long ago, many on here were praising the CC Bears bid and how they need to be in the top flight....but as soon as this faux "Brisbane 2" hot air arrives, tunes have changed? I wonder why?
I don't know who you are talking about. I never thought a CC bid was particularly compelling.

Quidgybo

Bench
In this case you have:

Sydney Basin: Population circa 5.5m, 10 teams
SE Queensland: Population circa 3m, 2 teams
Surely you're not suggesting that a Rugby League mad region with one team per 1.5m people deserves next dibs ahead of a Rugby League mad region that has one team per 550k?

Leigh.

Quidgybo

Bench
I've been saying consistently for more than four years in this forum (ie. long before it became fashionable) that the game didn't need an 11th team based between Newcastle and Wollongong. The new Brisbane bid hasn't changed that opinion in the slightest.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=162888&posturl=true&page=1#post3123024

Leigh.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Yes, expand by 4 teams. Ok, where? If you go by population/growing the game the priority list would go something like:

2nd Brisbane 2013
Perth 2013
--------------------

You would agree that expansion would be unlikely for at least 1-2 iterations of the TV deal after that? then we are looking at early 2020s. The best locations for expansion by demographics then would be:
Wellington/Christchurch - large population, NZ valuable for TV dollars
4th SE Queensland - population set to hit 4m by 2026 acording to the ABS
--------------------

Then it would be a while before we see expansion again probably looking at

Adelaide
2nd Melbourne side
10th Sydney side
6th Queensland side

If the Bears don't get in this time, I doubt if the CC will ever have a club without a current Sydney club merging, relocating or folding. They are low on the NRL's to do list.

smithie

Juniors
The Central Coast will be facing the exact same problems next time the NRL expands in 2017/18. By then there will be a big push for a second NZ team and the Central Coast will be fighting it out against Adelaide, Central QLD and maybe a PNG bid for the 20th licence.

It is sad there isn't a NRL team playing out of Bluetongue. The Central Coast deserve a national team instead of both Cronulla and Manly, but not before Perth, Brisbane II and NZ II.

Goddo

Bench
The Central Coast will be facing the exact same problems next time the NRL expands in 2017/18. By then there will be a big push for a second NZ team and the Central Coast will be fighting it out against Adelaide, Central QLD and maybe a PNG bid for the 20th licence.

It is sad there isn't a NRL team playing out of Bluetongue. The Central Coast deserve a national team instead of both Cronulla and Manly, but not before Perth, Brisbane II and NZ II.

Exactly, and the NRL doesn't have the power to boot clubs or force them to move, only dangle concessions in front of them, such as cash or salary cap excemptions.

BDGS

Bench
:roll:

184719_182123361830375_171001092942602_430811_3115946_n.jpg

This tells me all i need to know, business means nothing when it comes to a chart :sarcasm:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Classic BDGS. I love it.
I love a good chart, thanks to applesauce for getting us on the subject.

pie-chart.png

The grey represents the amount of posts that BDGS has made on the Bears bid and against any other bid. The orange represents the amount of posts he has made to try and make us think he's really a bulldogs fan.

BDGS

Bench
I love a good chart, thanks to applesauce for getting us on the subject.

pie-chart.png

The grey represents the amount of posts that BDGS has made on the Bears bid and against any other bid. The orange represents the amount of posts he has made to try and make us think he's really a bulldogs fan.

I use to think you were a dumbarse, but i have been proven wrong. You obviously have mummy issues.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I use to think you were a dumbarse, but i have been proven wrong. You obviously have mummy issues.
I do have Mummy issues. That f**king movie is on channel 10 every 2nd month.

Back on topic, all seems very quiet on the Brisbane bid front.

clarency

Juniors
I don't expect to see much activity in here due to the lack of bris2 fanatics on LU. Not a bad thing, the bid is just new, that's all.

BDGS

Bench
Fanatics?

I think this bid would just be happy with some fair-weathered fans to begin with let a lone fanatics.

clarency

Juniors
Just had a peek at their facebook page and it has grown by 200ish in the past 4 or 5 days. Plus the ever increasing number of forumites with "Perth and Brisbane for 2013" stickered to bottom of their comments...

I told yous all to give it time. It's happening.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Fanatics?

I think this bid would just be happy with some fair-weathered fans to begin with let a lone fanatics.
Absolutely correct. What they need is some fans that pretend that they're bulldogs fans to kickstart their campaign.

applesauce

Bench
Just had a peek at their facebook page and it has grown by 200ish in the past 4 or 5 days. Plus the ever increasing number of forumites with "Perth and Brisbane for 2013" stickered to bottom of their comments...

I told yous all to give it time. It's happening.

Plus in the last 2months (before the bid had a FB), FB had removed the "Suggest to Friends"

An advantage the Bears and Reds had for over a year (and I suggested both to my friends to join).

There would at least 30 people on my list (like the 40 that added the Broncos after I sent requests) that would join the BNEII FB page if they knew it was there or bothered to look.

It's hardly a measure of popularity. Most NRL fan pages have slowed down significantly since the link was removed.