What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
We'll see. The CC will not get in. And certainly not ahead of Brisbane. You morons just can't see past the end of your bias noses. Your bid is not that bloody good. Having a team on the CC is not that great a thing. Just accept it. Have a look through this thread and see how many people say exactly the same thing. And you can't come up with ridiculous nonsensical conspiracy theories to explain why all these other people think the same as me. You'll probably try though. I may be a Knights fan but I am a rugby league supporter first and foremost and I know a lot about the game in Australia and around the world and this bid simply doesn't stack up. It's just not the best thing for RL. You monkeys will never see it because you're totally blinkered, but it's true.

We'll see. The CC will not get in. And certainly not ahead of Brisbane. You morons just can't see past the end of your bias noses. Your bid is not that bloody good. Having a team on the CC is not that great a thing. Just accept it. Have a look through this thread and see how many people say exactly the same thing. And you can't come up with ridiculous nonsensical conspiracy theories to explain why all these other people think the same as me. You'll probably try though. I may be a Knights fan but I am a rugby league supporter first and foremost and I know a lot about the game in Australia and around the world and this bid simply doesn't stack up. It's just not the best thing for RL. You monkeys will never see it because you're totally blinkered, but it's true.

Thanks mate. Sure our bid isn't good. It's not like we've gathered the funds, resources, equity off the back of hard work. It's not we have the most sponsors, corporate support and community support. It's not like we have infrastucture. It's not like the CRL, CCDRL, NSDRL and all juniors clubs in between aren't affiliated with the bid. It's not legends such as Serlo, Wayno, etc don't back the bid.

I also am a rugby league supporter and my family has been entrenched in rugby league for decades. Don't be using this whole "it's not the best thing for RL" when many experts themselves say otherwise.

Have a look through the CCBEARS 3000 replied thread and see how many people say otherwise to your opinions. Have a look at the polls, have a look at the replies to news articles bashing the Bears. Gee wiz go outside for a minute and ask the general public. You are and always have been in the minority.

Ive said it before, if you dislike the CCBears bid fair enough thats your call. But if you dislike the bid due to no substance reasons (like the ones you're throwing up, which i can easily prove otherwise). Then you're just a hater.

Last edited:
You lot are so deluded. You slander someone for being bias (who isn't) and then think that a CC resident like Sterlo on your side is some kind of significant impartial blessing. You suggest others are bias! That's hypocracy on the grandest of scales. And don't try and use polls collected in a Sydney paper to support the idea of another NSW team. You only have to look at the stupid comments made by your own supporters to know that NSW-centric people will always back a NSW side. You only need to look at the anti-Qld comments on this trhead to understand that. How about you go and ask the general public - but try going somewhere other than the CC. And no I won't be going to the Bears thread because I have no interest in your bid. It's a weak bid. That's why I am posting on a trhead about a bid that is actually worth including. The only problem is you Bears fans have infiltratedthis thread because you're sh*t-scared Brisbane will take the spot you seem to think you deserve. Just like the Gold Coast did. Fortunately the NRL knew the GC was a better bid and they were right. They will see Brisbane is also a better bid this time as well. The facts remain that the Bears bid simply does not stack up against the other two major bids. Perth is an expansion bid and MUST be included for the sake of the "National" Rugby League and of the heartland bids the Brisbane bid dwarfs the CC in every definable measure of potential. It's a no brainer.

Goddo

Bench
Thankfully there will be an independent commission to assess the bids and determine the LOCATIONS most deserving of EXPANSION. This will be based on a set of criteria that look at how the bid IMPROVES REVENUE for the game as a whole in areas such as TV/MEDIA RIGHTS, NATIONAL SPONSORSHIP, exposure to NEW POPULATIONS, and to tap into large UNSATURATED MARKETS.

These are the simple mechanics that drive the game forward. Although the Bears have scraped together an ok bid, it is unsatisfactory in all of the major areas of concern for the game as a whole.

It will fail for this reason. Not bias, not interstate hatred, not Manly or Newcastle. Simply because there already exists a saturated market for NRL clubs in NSW/Sydney.

Please don't claim you aren't trying to be at least a partial Sydney bid, as your target businesses for sponsorship revenue are based in North Sydney, a large number of your $50 members are from there, and the Central Coast is part of the Sydney OzTam area.

Its a Sydney bid. We went through the 80's and 90's trying to get rid of Sydney sides ((Newtown 83, Wests relocation to Campbelltown and courtcase, expansion in Canberra, Illawarra Newcastle and Brisbane while talking of a "super league" and ways to rationalise Sydney, merger talks between clubs eg Roosters and Dragons, the Super League war and its fall out)), and the job is only half done really, and yet you think its in the games best interest to expand in Gosford, 76kms from the Sydney CBD? There are currently 7 NRL teams within a 100km radius of Gosford, and a total population in that area somewhere around 4.5m people.

Yet you think that a second Brisbane side, in a city of 2m people (2.8m in SE Qld) is a bad idea?

You lot are so deluded. You slander someone for being bias (who isn't) and then think that a CC resident like Sterlo on your side is some kind of significant impartial blessing. You suggest others are bias! That's hypocracy on the grandest of scales. And don't try and use polls collected in a Sydney paper to support the idea of another NSW team. You only have to look at the stupid comments made by your own supporters to know that NSW-centric people will always back a NSW side. You only need to look at the anti-Qld comments on this trhead to understand that. How about you go and ask the general public - but try going somewhere other than the CC. And no I won't be going to the Bears thread because I have no interest in your bid. It's a weak bid. That's why I am posting on a trhead about a bid that is actually worth including. The only problem is you Bears fans have infiltratedthis thread because you're sh*t-scared Brisbane will take the spot you seem to think you deserve. Just like the Gold Coast did. Fortunately the NRL knew the GC was a better bid and they were right. They will see Brisbane is also a better bid this time as well. The facts remain that the Bears bid simply does not stack up against the other two major bids. Perth is an expansion bid and MUST be included for the sake of the "National" Rugby League and of the heartland bids the Brisbane bid dwarfs the CC in every definable measure of potential. It's a no brainer.

The only problem is your posting in a Brisbane 2 thread about the Central Coast Bears.. yet you call others deluded.

Ofcourse Bears fans are gonna support their bid "key word: support".

You also claim that Brisbane 2 bid dwarfs the CC bid but the numbers in every department crucial to the bids prove you are wrong yet again on all accounts. Equity, sponsors, community support, memberships, business plan, financial plan, revenue streams, merchandise etc etc..

Your reasons the GC won out last time, is the exact blueprint the CCBears have this time only grander. Memberships, center of excellence, community based franchise etc. Precendent has been set.

You claim Bears have infiltrated this account when 90% of the time they're just defending the slander you and your types put on the Bears.. much like a souths supporter would defend his team against Bulldogs slander etc etc.

You claim it's all anti-QLD yet I'm as true maroon queenslander as they come.

You claim the NRL know whats the right move, well all indicates that the CCBears is that move. Considering the whole being in touch with the bid team for 2 years now on going/like wise W.A. Reds.

Unfortunately for you the price is not right.

Last edited:
Thankfully there will be an independent commission to assess the bids and determine the LOCATIONS most deserving of EXPANSION. This will be based on a set of criteria that look at how the bid IMPROVES REVENUE for the game as a whole in areas such as TV/MEDIA RIGHTS, NATIONAL SPONSORSHIP, exposure to NEW POPULATIONS, and to tap into large UNSATURATED MARKETS.

These are the simple mechanics that drive the game forward. Although the Bears have scraped together an ok bid, it is unsatisfactory in all of the major areas of concern for the game as a whole.

It will fail for this reason. Not bias, not interstate hatred, not Manly or Newcastle. Simply because there already exists a saturated market for NRL clubs in NSW/Sydney.

Please don't claim you aren't trying to be at least a partial Sydney bid, as your target businesses for sponsorship revenue are based in North Sydney, a large number of your $50 members are from there, and the Central Coast is part of the Sydney OzTam area.

Its a Sydney bid. We went through the 80's and 90's trying to get rid of Sydney sides ((Newtown 83, Wests relocation to Campbelltown and courtcase, expansion in Canberra, Illawarra Newcastle and Brisbane while talking of a "super league" and ways to rationalise Sydney, merger talks between clubs eg Roosters and Dragons, the Super League war and its fall out)), and the job is only half done really, and yet you think its in the games best interest to expand in Gosford, 76kms from the Sydney CBD? There are currently 7 NRL teams within a 100km radius of Gosford, and a total population in that area somewhere around 4.5m people.

Yet you think that a second Brisbane side, in a city of 2m people (2.8m in SE Qld) is a bad idea?

* NSW's population is alot bigger than Queenslands.

* Central Coast is part of the Sydney OzTam area and also has it's own regional status. That means we will add value to the game via metro outlets as well as regional outlets. Better advertising spaces streaming off two different outlets.

* TV/MEDIA RIGHTS: we will add to the value. Being the extra game, bringing back old fans and bringing in new fans. Its covered in the bid document.

* NATIONAL SPONSORSHIP: done, done and done.

* Exposure to NEW POPULATIONS: Brisbane, Ipswich, Central Coast & Central Queensland all fail in this department. Only Perth, Adelaide and potentially NZ add to this. Void arguement in regards to BrisII vs CC.

* Tap into large UNSATURATED MARKETS: Brisbane has a team. CC does not.

* I mentioned it before unique situation where the Bears can head into the future on CC and keep historical ties to the NS. NRL themselves have said this is a very attractive part of their bid. Who are you to say otherwise?

* Never said Brisbane doesn't deserve a second team. Always maintained that when the right bid comes along that is well supported then they deserve to be looked at. Mr. Davison starting a bid purely because he didn't get his Broncos gig isn't the right way to go about it. Hurting the Broncos = suicide in Brisbane, plus their area clearly cuts into Jets heartland (who have a bid themselves incase people forgot).

* Ipswich Jets, if they could get some sponsors is easily more attractive than Brisbane 2. They won't step on any toes or cut anyone's grass with their bid. Their achillies heel is corporate support.

* if SEQ = 3 millions and potential catchment of 1m per team (Broncos, Titans, Brisbane 2/Jets) then CC = potential to reach 1.1m with historical ties in place (which again I state that the NRL have said is an attractive part of the bid)...

Last edited:
The only problem is your posting in a Brisbane 2 thread about the Central Coast Bears.. yet you call others deluded.

Ofcourse Bears fans are gonna support their bid "key word: support".

You also claim that Brisbane 2 bid dwarfs the CC bid but the numbers in every department crucial to the bids prove you are wrong yet again on all accounts. Equity, sponsors, community support, memberships, business plan, financial plan, revenue streams, merchandise etc etc..

Your reasons the GC won out last time, is the exact blueprint the CCBears have this time only grander. Memberships, center of excellence, community based franchise etc. Precendent has been set.

You claim Bears have infiltrated this account when 90% of the time they're just defending the slander you and your types put on the Bears.. much like a souths supporter would defend his team against Bulldogs slander etc etc.

You claim it's all anti-QLD yet I'm as true maroon queenslander as they come.

You claim the NRL know whats the right move, well all indicates that the CCBears is that move. Considering the whole being in touch with the bid team for 2 years now on going/like wise W.A. Reds.

Unfortunately for you the price is not right.

You lot just can't read. You can't even read your owns posts so I'm not surprised. This thread has become about the Bears because Bears fans have come on here to try and rubbish the Brisbane bid. If it wasn't for you lot and your fear no one would have even mentioned the Bears.

And I said the Brisbane bid sh*ts all over the Bears when you look at potential numbers. POTENTIAL. Do you understand that? The Bears may have spent a few years building support but the Brisbane bid would totally outstrip that support in every aspect given time. The bid was only launched last week. Give it six months and it will destroy the Bears. The CQ bid has put in more ground work than the Brisbane bid but that doesn't mean it's even remotely deserving of a franchise.

Goddo is right, the CC bid simply doesn't offer enough. It adds next to nothing to the TV deal, brings in next to no new fans or new markets and does not expand or improve the image of the game. The other two major bids do. End of.

You lot just can't read. You can't even read your owns posts so I'm not surprised. This thread has become about the Bears because Bears fans have come on here to try and rubbish the Brisbane bid. If it wasn't for you lot and your fear no one would have even mentioned the Bears.

And I said the Brisbane bid sh*ts all over the Bears when you look at potential numbers. POTENTIAL. Do you understand that? The Bears may have spent a few years building support but the Brisbane bid would totally outstrip that support in every aspect given time. The bid was only launched last week. Give it six months and it will destroy the Bears. The CQ bid has put in more ground work than the Brisbane bid but that doesn't mean it's even remotely deserving of a franchise.

Goddo is right, the CC bid simply doesn't offer enough. It adds next to nothing to the TV deal, brings in next to no new fans or new markets and does not expand or improve the image of the game. The other two major bids do. End of.

So beowulf, BDGS and myself make more noise then the professional BNE2 bid team? if potential is anything to go by they'll never reach it if thats the case.

Didn't realise I was in fear. I guess laughing at your posts and fear must be the same thing now.

The bid launched last week.. but it has been in the works for 6 months since September 2010.

CQ does deserve a franchise, one day. Considering all the juniors, coaches etc that come from this region they definitely deserve a franchise one day.

End of? Oh wow thanks Mr. Gallop, i'll just go tell all our supporters and fans, sponsors and corporate partners that due to potential and an internet rant by you, East Coast Tiger, that our bid is now doomed to fail.:roll:

Last edited:
Your bid was already doomed. It's not good enough. It wasn't good enough in 2006 and it's not good enough now. It offers almost nothing to RL. Other bids offer far, far more. And you can tell your deluded fans whatever you like.

applesauce

Bench
* NSW's population is alot bigger than Queenslands.

* Central Coast is part of the Sydney OzTam area and also has it's own regional status. That means we will add value to the game via metro outlets as well as regional outlets. Better advertising spaces streaming off two different outlets.

:roll:

184719_182123361830375_171001092942602_430811_3115946_n.jpg

Your bid was already doomed. It's not good enough. It wasn't good enough in 2006 and it's not good enough now. It offers almost nothing to RL. Other bids offer far, far more. And you can tell your deluded fans whatever you like.

Oh ok, I could directly quote Mr. Gallop right now regarding the CCBears bid and completely "destroy", as you would say, your point of view but i'll let you continue for my amusement.

Lol at comparing an entire region to a single city. Maybe comparing states would be better? BTW if Brisbane is called Brisbane then what does that have to do with S.E.QLD... like wise CC being CC, what does that have to do with the 9 teams in southern & western Sydney?.. OH THATS RIGHT. BRISBANE 2 is using the entire S.E.QLD region as leverage but as soon as CC use NS as leverage, thats bad bad bad. Please. Want me to show you pictures from the CCB's website too?

Quidgybo

Bench
The game does not need a 11th license (out of 18) based in the 250km corridor between Newcastle and Wollongong. You can get caught up in arguing the semantics of whether I'm saying it's too many teams in the Sydney region or too many in NSW but that doesn't change the fact that anyone who wishes to follow a team in this relatively small geographical area has plenty of choices. I have nothing against the Bears re-entering the comp or against a team being based on the Central Coast as long as it is achieved without adding a 11th license in this small corridor at the expense of a team in Perth, a fourth team in Queensland or a second team in New Zealand. For me there is nothing more or less to the matter than that.

Leigh

Last edited:
The game does not need a 10th license (out of 18) based in the 250km corridor between Newcastle and Wollongong. You can get caught up in arguing the semantics of whether I'm saying it's too many teams in the Sydney region or too many in NSW but that doesn't change the fact that anyone who wishes to follow a team in this relatively small geographical area has plenty of choices. I have nothing against the Bears re-entering the comp or against a team being based on the Central Coast as long as it achieved without adding a 10th license in this small corridor at the expense of a team in Perth, a fourth team in Queensland or a second team in New Zealand. For me there is nothing more or less to the matter than that.

Leigh
Yeah but you're bias because..... um... er..... um... you just are!

applesauce

Bench
Lol at comparing an entire region to a single city. Maybe comparing states would be better? BTW if Brisbane is called Brisbane then what does that have to do with S.E.QLD... like wise CC being CC, what does that have to do with the 9 teams in southern & western Sydney?.. OH THATS RIGHT. BRISBANE 2 is using the entire S.E.QLD region as leverage but as soon as CC use NS as leverage, thats bad bad bad. Please. Want me to show you pictures from the CCB's website too?

Notice the quote about TV RATINGS of your I had in my post?

SE QLD is under the Metro area. CC and Sydney are the same so you could say 5.5mill for "Sydney" but you would also be adding a 10th team.

So how exactly does that help grow the TV rights? With so many games all fighting for the same viewers and creating so many NSW orientated games (alienating the QLD market).

Goddo

Bench
* Never said Brisbane doesn't deserve a second team. Always maintained that when the right bid comes along that is well supported then they deserve to be looked at. Mr. Davison starting a bid purely because he didn't get his Broncos gig isn't the right way to go about it. Hurting the Broncos = suicide in Brisbane, plus their area clearly cuts into Jets heartland (who have a bid themselves incase people forgot).

* Ipswich Jets, if they could get some sponsors is easily more attractive than Brisbane 2. They won't step on any toes or cut anyone's grass with their bid. Their achillies heel is corporate support.

* if SEQ = 3 millions and potential catchment of 1m per team (Broncos, Titans, Brisbane 2/Jets) then CC = potential to reach 1.1m with historical ties in place (which again I state that the NRL have said is an attractive part of the bid)...

So, would you support the Ipswich Bid ahead of the Bears for NRL inclusion if they present an equivelant sponsorship portfolio? It is superior to the Bears in many major areas.

Oh, and thanks for trotting out the CC has 1.1m people line again. Always gets a laugh from me. Most of them live within 15km of the Harbour Bridge (and are all closer to several current sides than to Gosford), but don't let the truth ruin a good story hey?

Fes up, you just hate this and any other Qld bid because you know it makes more sense as a heartland bid for the future of the game than the Bears do.

It's not as if comparing SE Qld to a similar region materially changes the outcome or the point of that graph though.

Define the region that Sydney inhabits as the Sydney Basin (i.e. the Newcaslte-Sydney-Wollongong corridor that is fairly similar in nature to SE Queensland (i.e. a major urban centre and satellite regional centres)

In this case you have:

Sydney Basin: Population circa 5.5m, 10 teams
SE Queensland: Population circa 3m, 2 teams

And the CC would clearly fit within any Sydney region defined to be similar to the SE Queensland region.

Amazes me how not that long ago, many on here were praising the CC Bears bid and how they need to be in the top flight....but as soon as this faux "Brisbane 2" hot air arrives, tunes have changed? I wonder why?

Goddo

Bench
Think of local content in terms of TV rights, and Brisbane II scores another try over Gosford here.

At best Sydney will average 3-4 teams on free to air per week with 9 sides competing for those slots, and Newcastle and Canberra itching for more exposure just outside that area.

Compare that to Brisbane, which will average 1-2 teams on free to air per week, but only 3 Queensland sides, and only 2 of them in the OzTam ratings area for metro Brisbane.

Brisbane clearly needs more sides. Sydney does not. It is that simple. If the game wants a boost in terms of TV revenue, it will bring in Brisbane-SE Queensland over Gosford-Central Coast every day of the week, and twice if Bon Jovi is playing.