What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Brutus

Referee
Pakistan B&H World Series Cup kits in the early to mid 80's.

Always loved that colour mix.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Brisbane Diehards

brisbanediehardsnrl.png

docbrown

Coach
Body - Dark Green
Highlights - Maroon
Trims - White

greenmaroon.jpg

or

Body - Royal Blue
Highlights - Orange
Trims - White

centralqueensland.jpg

or

Body - Light Brown
Highlights - Dark Brown
Trims - Yellow

brisbane.jpg

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
That brown combination is quality, but would probably better suit the CQ bid..

Funny you say that, because I took it from the colours for a Central QLD jersey I did on an NFL designer:

centralqld2.jpg

This was the original Green/Maroon/White one I did for Ipswich Jets/Brisbane II which I quite like:

jets2.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
the Broncos alumni are coming out in force against this... Sailor rubbished it (haha...he claimed the Broncos are the people's team, no one would support a new one), Webcke prefers CC and CQLD. Has Lockyer commented? Bennett?

applesauce

Bench
Bennett doesn't want it, but why would he. I wouldn't expect Locky to say anything positive considering he is contracted and loyal to the Broncos.

Goddo

Bench
Yeah, its no surprise anyone close to the Broncos is against it. They feel threatened.

But it isn't fair for News Ltd to hold the game back by blocking expansion in SE Queensland simply for the Broncos gain. It wasn't right the way they had SQ Crushers and Gold Coast killed off.

Admitedly they had debt problems from the SL war, but so did a lot of teams. That area needs more teams to generate loyal fans, avenues for players, boosting TV rights, gaining sponsors from the area et cetera.

The NRL clearly needs more sides there.

Timbo

Staff member
The way that the Broncos merciless gunned for the Crushers, is it a suprise that they're all coming out against it?

I can't believe how blind the Broncos are to potential benefits of another Brisbane side when the Crushers were originally in town at 1995. The crowds for Crushers vs Broncos were:

49607 Brisbane v South Queensland QE II31-Mar-1995
34263 South Queensland v BrisbaneLang12-Apr-1996
source: http://stats.rleague.com/

A Brisbane derby would guarantee a sell out these days with the attention to membership which has a positive correlation to attendances. So it's best for Broncos to stop the 'protectionism' and think of what's best for SE QLD.

I mean AFL has 2 teams in WA & SA you didn't see them complain when a extra team was added they saw the advantages of the derbies.

Last edited: