What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

sheepbender

Juniors
brisbane_2nd_nrl_bid_jersey_by_sheepbender-d3b62q5.png

Designs I came up with.. Also I like the names Brisbane Rangers or Brisbane Mavericks

flippikat

Bench
I like Orange Maroon and Yellow. Blue Maroon and Yellow also works well.

I like the first design Orange & Turquoise - Miami Dolphins colours, right??

Also, i think it's the same colours as the Gold Coast Dolphins bid originally had - which would be GREAT for establishing a rivalry with the Titans as well as the Broncos :)

gold-coast-chargers-home-rugby-shirt-2004-s_920_1.jpg

(see what I mean???)

The second Jersey (Blue, Yellow & Grey) is a bit too close to the Titans for mine, and anyway don't we have enough clubs wearing various shades of blue & yellow together??
And we only have one other team wearing orange...

For designs 3 & 4 - I think Brisbane 2 should avoid using Maroon & Gold (even in the trim) - to define themselves more clearly away from the Broncos.

So yeah - Orange & Turquoise!!

It also leaves combinations like Green & White (Ipswich/West Brisbane) and Maroon, white & blue (Redcliffe/North Brisbane/Sunshine Coast) for future SEQ clubs.

Last edited:
If they bid with a jersey that looks anything like the Brisbane Roar they simply shouldn't get in. What is with the obsession to include maroon in the colours?

taipan

Referee
Maroon with black sides and piping,and horizontal wide blue strip,with maroon socks with blue top and black side stripes.
Maroon for Qld,blue for the waters surrounding the city and black trim because it looks great.
Go the Stingrays.Go the Stingers.:thumn

beave

Coach
I'm sure there's people out there with far better art skills than me would be able to come up with a pretty sweet logo, would love to see a mock up of a Bushrangers logo.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So whats new with this bid?

Seems people are only talking about designs and names.

I just got back from Brisbane today, i didn't think it was possible but the amount of Brisbane 2 merchandise has grown further. 90% of the kids had the arm bands on, most people wearing something maroon and blue. There was more maroon and blue then there was roar colours, which is weird because aren't they in with a chance of making the grand final? You would of sworn it was the Brisbane 2 NRL team that was close to making the grand final.

The Brisbane 2 team, are too big to be denied now imho. I spoke to a few of the locals, everybody is confident of getting a team. I thought it would take the this bid 2-3 years of actually playing in the NRL to be accepted as a genuinely Brisbane team, but it has happened two years before they make their debut.

BDGS

Bench
I just got back from Brisbane today, i didn't think it was possible but the amount of Brisbane 2 merchandise has grown further. 90% of the kids had the arm bands on, most people wearing something maroon and blue. There was more maroon and blue then there was roar colours, which is weird because aren't they in with a chance of making the grand final? You would of sworn it was the Brisbane 2 NRL team that was close to making the grand final.

The Brisbane 2 team, are too big to be denied now imho. I spoke to a few of the locals, everybody is confident of getting a team. I thought it would take the this bid 2-3 years of actually playing in the NRL to be accepted as a genuinely Brisbane team, but it has happened two years before they make their debut.

That's great to hear, glad the this bid has finally got some locals behind it. Took a while but you guys got there :thumb

beave

Coach
yeah I was just looking at the tuggernaong one on Google, I like the style of it but I reckon get away from the horse/cowboy style and do more of a ned kelly style with the tin helmet and shotguns.

Last edited:

Latest posts