What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

BDGS

Bench
You're assuming that I actually read your posts with enough interest to copy them. A skim here and there to see if you've come up with anything substantial to offer. Still waiting.

No. You were carrying on about Adelaide joining the competition in 5 years time or some other, dare I say it, FANTASY LAND nonsense.

if you aren't going to read the post, don't try to pull me up on them. It makes you look foolish, I said it was possible that Adelaide could have a team in 5 years if done correctly. Not how things are done the way they are now, Perth Reds also agreed.

AuDragon

Juniors
Why are so many people replying to BDGS? It's pretty clear that his aim is to sabotage this thread, and he is succeeding! :roll:

It's not like anything gets through and his agenda is quite transparent. You'd get better reasoning from an imaginary SA jeweller CEO. :crazy:

bobmar28

Bench
Wrong, Storm exist because of Newslimited.

Storm original players came from Hunter and Adelaide, some from WA after they left.

QLD players have since found an direct route to the NRL through the Melbourne Storm, no body made Cronk, Slater, Johnson or Smith move to Melbourne. Just like no body made Hoffman or King move from NSW to there. Those players moved to get a start in their dream job. Good luck to them, the only reasons why there is a myth that Melbourne only exist because of QLD players is because newslimited (and therefore the Storm) were sh*t at junior development at the start and it has taken 10 years to get it to something that can produce NRL talent and compete with the WARL junior systems AND because QLD have been dominant in Origin over the past 5 years and the club that has been dominant at club level have been the Storm.

If NSW had been dominant, and a lot of Storm NSW players were selected, people would be saying the same thing about substituting "QLD" for "NSW".

The VRL have produced a number of up and comers that will make their debuts in the next 2-3 years in the NRL, They have also produced an SG ball team that made the grand final and finals in the first two years that was was majority made up by Victorians or Victorian developed players.

Yes, its a joke that NSW club have managed to survive or do you want a 30 team comp just so QLD has the same amount of teams as NSW?

Qld has 65% of the population of NSW so should probably have 6.5 teams before NSW get any more.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Juniors
Qld has 65% of the population of NSW so should probably have 6.5 teams before NSW get any more.

Population is not relevant. The NRL have consistently said its about putting together a sustainable franchise model that adds value. For them to be confident its sustainable you need a highly developed bid and proven support. I agree a team around Ipswich area or CQLD will be the next QLD franchises, but CQLD's populations is still way too small, they have no stadium and they are too dependent on mining, while Ipswich is just in the bid infancy - they are only going to present to the NRL a multi page bid outline, have no stadium, and will be competing for support with the new Brothers-Easts bid plus Brisbane2 model.

Goddo

Bench
To claim population won't be a concideration is rediculous. The Bears bid team know it, hence the claim to "1.1m" people.

You can't write off a criteria. We don't even know what criteria they will use, other than contradictory sound bites from Gallop.

BDGS

Bench
Why are so many people replying to BDGS? It's pretty clear that his aim is to sabotage this thread, and he is succeeding! :roll:

ahh i see, anybody with a different opinion to yours is now an attempt to 'sabotage' the thread. :lol:

Solid logic :sarcasm:

It's not like anything gets through and his agenda is quite transparent. You'd get better reasoning from an imaginary SA jeweller CEO. :crazy:

Moron: http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/transworld-imports-pty-ltd/adelaide
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=21...IDE, SA, 5000&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Population is not relevant. The NRL have consistently said its about putting together a sustainable franchise model that adds value. For them to be confident its sustainable you need a highly developed bid and proven support. I agree a team around Ipswich area or CQLD will be the next QLD franchises, but CQLD's populations is still way too small, they have no stadium and they are too dependent on mining, while Ipswich is just in the bid infancy - they are only going to present to the NRL a multi page bid outline, have no stadium, and will be competing for support with the new Brothers-Easts bid plus Brisbane2 model.

Well the Sunshine Coast have plans to build a 40,000 capacity stadium, i think this is the ideal place to have thee next SEQ team.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/17/site-of-next-mega-stadium-caloundra-coast/

Sunshine Coast Dolphins that has the business structure of Brisbane2, run by people without agendas, run for the right reasons with a community aspect to it. Now that would really add something new to the NRL. It'll take a while to build this stadium, perhaps they are aiming at 2017, if they are infact aiming at all.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
use your own terms, copying ones used by other people is just sad, particularly when it was used only a few post ago.

Not just a fool but a hypocritical one at that:

ahh i see, anybody with a different opinion to yours is now an attempt to 'sabotage' the thread. :lol:

To paraphrase the bony dope 'stop using my terms from a few posts ago'.
The other option is the Melbourne solution - Queenslanders. But why pillage Queensland to provide players to non league areas. Why not do the logical thing and put another team in Brisbane? Too logical?

Bear we know the reason you don't respond to logic is because it hurts your mind. A little tip - if you truly want to ignore reason and truth put me on your ignore list and continue to live in your narrow minded fantasy land. It won't make a lick of difference to me.

Pictures can be logical peanut. And just because what I have to post doesn't suit your small minded made up agenda doesn't make it illogical.

BearDGS, his sad little efforts continue.

AuDragon

Juniors

There are dozens of people on this forum with a different opinion from mine, and I can live perfectly with that.
Trolls hanging around in threads of interest on the other hand, annoy me. :roll:

I see you can use google! :clap:

And this guy, their "CEO" said he's interested in sponsoring a NRL franchise bid in SA? I'm going to give him a call, and just want to check that's what you said...

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Here's a more appropriate map:
images

I think you should complain, they're using your term.

Beowulf

Juniors
To claim population won't be a concideration is rediculous. The Bears bid team know it, hence the claim to "1.1m" people.

You can't write off a criteria. We don't even know what criteria they will use, other than contradictory sound bites from Gallop.

Some of us do know the criteria. Re population, I was referring to the assertion re a State's population dictating how many franchises could come from there into the NRL. Population is an issue for CQLD, but no other bidder.

Last edited:

sheepbender

Juniors
Please do a Jamie and Adam and bust this myth for me by providing a list of ten Aussie/Kiwi players good enough to 'walk back into the NRL'. I am happy to be proven wrong. And I'm not talking about players who come back for one season and then retire.

Back on topic people, anyway I was bored so heres more than 10 Aussie/Kiwis that would be welcomed back into the NRL, granted a few are over 30, but Id still have them for a couplo years..

Patrick Ah Van
Steve Menzies
Marc Herbert
Brett Kearney
Heath L’Estrange
Nick Youngquest
Rangi Chase
Setaimata Sa
Scott Dureau
Daryl Millard
Ben Farrar
Lopini Paea
David Howell
Chad Randall
Karl Temata
Nick Kouparitsas
Chris Bailey
Clint Schifcofske
Tony Martin
Vince Mellars
Michael Witt
Jarrod Sammut
Ryan O’Hara
Adam Peek
Luke O’Donnell
David Fa’alogo
David Faiumu
Mark O’Meley
Craig Fitzgibbon
Epalahame Lauaki
Willie Manu
Cameron Phelps
Jake Webster
Blake Green
Joel Clinto
Clint Newton
Ben Galea
Michael Dobson
Michael Vella
Willie Mason
Brent Webb
Brett Delaney
Kylie Leuluai
Danny Buderas
Ali Lauitiiti
Weller Hauraki
Luke Patton
Mark Henry
Daniel Holdsworth
Ray Cashmere
Vinnie Anderson
Phil Bailey
Iafeta Paleaaesina
Sia Soliola
Francis Meli
Josh Perry
Tony Puletua
Chris Flannery
Ben Jeffries
Motu Tony
Brett Hodgson
Matt King
Joel Monaghan
Michael Monoghan
Louis Anderson
David Solomona
George Carmont
Thomas Leuluai
Jeff Lima
Ryan Hoffman
Brett Finch
Amos Roberts

clarency

Juniors
Well the Sunshine Coast have plans to build a 40,000 capacity stadium, i think this is the ideal place to have thee next SEQ team.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/17/site-of-next-mega-stadium-caloundra-coast/

Sunshine Coast Dolphins that has the business structure of Brisbane2, run by people without agendas, run for the right reasons with a community aspect to it. Now that would really add something new to the NRL. It'll take a while to build this stadium, perhaps they are aiming at 2017, if they are infact aiming at all.

Sunshine Coast Dolphins has a very nice ring to it. Call me a conspirator but isn't the Sunshine Coast the (poorly kept secret) relocation plan for Manly? Which mind you I am hoping for because I want Manly out...

“I would not go down the trail of an NRL stadium.

Any idea what he meant by this? Hopefully if the NRL and/or bidding team approached the council and presented future plans for an NRL team it may push the project along?

Personally... if Sunshine Coast is suggested then my support for Bris 2 would go down slightly... but both should come in at some point. CQLD will never get my support.

beave

Coach
CQLD is a major pipedream. I love how the spruik that Mackay is going to be part of their catchment, last time I looked Mackay was considered NQ...................

BDGS

Bench
There are dozens of people on this forum with a different opinion from mine, and I can live perfectly with that.
Trolls hanging around in threads of interest on the other hand, annoy me. :roll:

So its all about you?

I'm so sorry to bug you, grow up kiddo.

I see you can use google! :clap:

Aren't you funny.:sarcasm:

And this guy, their "CEO" said he's interested in sponsoring a NRL franchise bid in SA? I'm going to give him a call, and just want to check that's what you said...

Umm what check your facts mate?

I never said he wanted to sponsor an SA NRL bid, i said he thinking about sponsoring one of the current bids.

BDGS

Bench
Back on topic people, anyway I was bored so heres more than 10 Aussie/Kiwis that would be welcomed back into the NRL, granted a few are over 30, but Id still have them for a couplo years..

Patrick Ah Van
Steve Menzies
Marc Herbert
Brett Kearney
Heath L’Estrange
Nick Youngquest
Rangi Chase
Setaimata Sa
Scott Dureau
Daryl Millard
Ben Farrar
Lopini Paea
David Howell
Chad Randall
Karl Temata
Nick Kouparitsas
Chris Bailey
Clint Schifcofske
Tony Martin
Vince Mellars
Michael Witt
Jarrod Sammut
Ryan O’Hara
Adam Peek
Luke O’Donnell
David Fa’alogo
David Faiumu
Mark O’Meley
Craig Fitzgibbon
Epalahame Lauaki
Willie Manu
Cameron Phelps
Jake Webster
Blake Green
Joel Clinto
Clint Newton
Ben Galea
Michael Dobson
Michael Vella
Willie Mason
Brent Webb
Brett Delaney
Kylie Leuluai
Danny Buderas
Ali Lauitiiti
Weller Hauraki
Luke Patton
Mark Henry
Daniel Holdsworth
Ray Cashmere
Vinnie Anderson
Phil Bailey
Iafeta Paleaaesina
Sia Soliola
Francis Meli
Josh Perry
Tony Puletua
Chris Flannery
Ben Jeffries
Motu Tony
Brett Hodgson
Matt King
Joel Monaghan
Michael Monoghan
Louis Anderson
David Solomona
George Carmont
Thomas Leuluai
Jeff Lima
Ryan Hoffman
Brett Finch
Amos Roberts

I agree with most of those, good list mate.

BDGS

Bench
Sunshine Coast Dolphins has a very nice ring to it. Call me a conspirator but isn't the Sunshine Coast the (poorly kept secret) relocation plan for Manly? Which mind you I am hoping for because I want Manly out...

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles have spent a considerable amount of time and money in the area and many believe that this is in fact because of a possible relocation to that area.

BDGS

Bench
CQLD is a major pipedream. I love how the spruik that Mackay is going to be part of their catchment, last time I looked Mackay was considered NQ...................

From what i heard, Mackay Rugby League are sick and tired of the poor treatment that the North Queensland Cowboys give them and joined with the CQ bid. Mackay have claimed that North Queensland only worry about playing games in Townsville and trials in Northern Territory.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Good list mate. I've colour coded them based on how I rank them. There would be enough to fill one team I admit, but - you can only bring them back once - by many people's reckoning extra teams in the NRL will mean a halt to the ESL exodus. If we went to Perth and Adelaide we would still be wating a long time for them to be self sufficient.

Old Fellas - great players in their time but coming back to the NRL after a couple years break would surely test them.
Tony Puletua
Craig Fitzgibbon
Steve Menzies - love the beaver but hes 87 years old and a Manly man.
Clint Schifcofske
Tony Martin
David Solomona - I did not know David was still alive let alone playing!!

Goers - Would fit back into the NRL without a problem.
Setaimata Sa
Jarrod Sammut
Luke O’Donnell
Joel Monaghan
Jeff Lima
Ryan Hoffman
Willie Mason
1 or 2 good years only:
Mark O’Meley
Luke Patton
Matt King
Danny Buderas
Brett Finch
Brett Hodgson

The Jury is out - fans of the clubs they left would have a better idea how good they are. If a club was desperate they might give them a go.
Michael Monoghan
Jake Webster
Josh Perry
Scott Dureau
Joel Clinton
Clint Newton

Kindness stopped me from giving them the boot - These blokes have been in England so long I would find it very difficult to believe that they would be of any value as NRL 1st graders.
Adam Peek
Brent Webb
Michael Vella
Epalahame Lauaki
Ali Lauitiiti
Phil Bailey
Iafeta Paleaaesina
Francis Meli

These blokes are playing in the 2nd best competition for a reason, they're 2nd best.
Motu Tony
Patrick Ah Van
Marc Herbert

Brett Kearney
Heath L’Estrange
Nick Youngquest
Rangi Chase
Daryl Millard
Ben Farrar
Lopini Paea
David Howell
Chad Randall