What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Beowulf

Juniors
And blast it with utter tripe too. One minute they're a Sydney club, they next minute they aren't. Now they're even trying to claim that having crap public transport from Sydney to Gosford is actually a good thing for their bid! This amount of bullsh*t and spin makes the ex-state government look honest and reasonable.

It was actually David Gallop who mentioned the poor public transport links as a major attraction for the CC bid 2 weeks ago. Thanks David!!! :lol::lol::lol:

bobmar28

Bench
Oh, so now you change it. Before it was about the NRL needing a SEQ team.

But ok, only crowds in the exact area the new team will count.

That means, Sydney crowds have no effect on the Central Coast bid then.

I can live with that.

but as soon as the Brisbane NRL bid start using advantages of their bid from areas outside of Brisbane (i.e. SEQ) then its fair play to pull in GC crowds.

You don't seem to be aware that Brisbane is right in the middle of SEQ.

Last edited:

Talons

Juniors
Have a cry mate. Everything I've claimed I've backed up and GEOGRAPHICALLY the cc isn't part of Sydney, however on a corporate level and on an existing fan base level we are entitled to claim northern beaches because a) we already have sponsors from here and b) we have fans and members from here too.

Had the bears not been involved with this cc bid then ofcourse we wouldn't count ns but due to the little fact it's a foundation team, with multiple generational fans we can. The powers to be acknowldge this. However seqld covers goldcoast, Ipswich, redcliffe, toowoomba and Brisbane. 2 which have teams and another 1 with a bid which incorporates another (ippy/toow) and redcliffe which will eventually bid.

Every bid has different circumstances. Best to get your knowledge up and recognize these differences in circumstances before talking.

Before you start to get technical about geography I think it's best that you define the north shore from the northern beaches.:sarcasm:

Last edited:
I find it laughable that Bear supporters have a go at others for not agreeing 100% with everything they post in the CC thread but hypocritically come in the Brisbane 2 thread and blast anything remotely to do with the Brisbane bid.

The fear grows.

I find it laughable that you continuously miss the point. I had a go because the bloke called an entire region "d1ckheads". It has nothing to do with Brisbane or the Bears bid.

talons said:
Before you start to get technical about geography I think it's best that you define the north shore from the northern beaches.:sarcasm:

North Shore:
Upper North Shore

The "Upper North Shore" usually refers to the suburbs north of Chatswood, east of the Lane cove river and south of the uppermost border of the Ku-ring-gai council area. It is made up of the handful of suburbs encompassing the Ku-ring-gai council. The area is known for its clean leafy streets, stately homes and high property prices. Ku-ring-gai was rated as having the number 1 quality of life in Australia (there are 590 Australian Local Government Areas) in the BankWest Quality of Life Index 2008.
Lower North Shore

The Lower North Shore encompasses all of the North Shore's northern shore of Sydney Harbour stretching from the Lane cove River in the west to Middle Head (Mosman) in the east and includes Mosman, Kirribilli and Longueville.

The Lower North Shore usually refers to the suburbs adjacent to the harbour such as Neutral Bay, Waverton, Mosman, Cremorne, Lavender Bay, Milsons Point, Cammeray and North Sydney. The Lower North Shore has an eastern boundary adjacent to Middle Harbour, or at the Roseville Bridge at Castle Cove and Roseville Chase. The term Lower North Shore can include the local government areas of Municipality of Mosman, City of Willoughby, Municipality of Lane Cove and North Sydney Council.

All North Sydney Bears areas to me.

--

Northern Beaches:

Manly

Warringah

Pittwater

All Manly-Warringah Sea-Eagles areas to me.

Perhaps you should've done some research yourself?

johns_reds

First Grade
I find it laughable that you continuously miss the point. I had a go because the bloke called an entire region "d1ckheads". It has nothing to do with Brisbane or the Bears bid.

North Shore:
Upper North Shore

The "Upper North Shore" usually refers to the suburbs north of Chatswood, east of the Lane cove river and south of the uppermost border of the Ku-ring-gai council area. It is made up of the handful of suburbs encompassing the Ku-ring-gai council. The area is known for its clean leafy streets, stately homes and high property prices. Ku-ring-gai was rated as having the number 1 quality of life in Australia (there are 590 Australian Local Government Areas) in the BankWest Quality of Life Index 2008.
Lower North Shore

The Lower North Shore encompasses all of the North Shore's northern shore of Sydney Harbour stretching from the Lane cove River in the west to Middle Head (Mosman) in the east and includes Mosman, Kirribilli and Longueville.

The Lower North Shore usually refers to the suburbs adjacent to the harbour such as Neutral Bay, Waverton, Mosman, Cremorne, Lavender Bay, Milsons Point, Cammeray and North Sydney. The Lower North Shore has an eastern boundary adjacent to Middle Harbour, or at the Roseville Bridge at Castle Cove and Roseville Chase. The term Lower North Shore can include the local government areas of Municipality of Mosman, City of Willoughby, Municipality of Lane Cove and North Sydney Council.

--

Northern Beaches:

Manly

Warringah

Pittwater

last time i checked this thread was about brisbane 2 not the central coast bears thread.

last time i checked this thread was about brisbane 2 not the central coast bears thread.

I was asked a question and replied.. the referrences about the CCBears came from a few BNE 2 fans in here. It's only natural that supporters of the Bears are gonna reply to questions which directly affect them and that goes vice verser too. But I guess when you've been "schooled" the next logical step to is tell the person/s who made you look silly to "piss off".

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

North Shore:
Upper North Shore

Lower North Shore

--

Northern Beaches:

Manly

Warringah

Pittwater

I get the point perfectly well. Its this - no one gives a rectangular flying f**k about where manly and norths territory begins and ends except old norths fans who can't face up to reality. Instead they use the word 'community' and post meaningless numbers about 'members' over and over. Instead they pretend to care about the CC when the reality is that they are only using the good people of this region to get the north sydney bears back into a competition that unlike themselves has moved on. I have no issue with a CC bid but a big issue with the constant repetitive bullsh*t that gets thrown around by Bears fans.

If that's what you want to do, do it but trolling in this thread is doing your cause no good at all. And just because a few mutts do it in the CC bears thread doesn't justify bears fans doing it here.

I get the point perfectly well. Its this - no one gives a rectangular flying f**k about where manly and norths territory begins and ends except old norths fans who can't face up to reality. Instead they use the word 'community' and post meaningless numbers about 'members' over and over. Instead they pretend to care about the CC when the reality is that they are only using the good people of this region to get the north sydney bears back into a competition that unlike themselves has moved on. I have no issue with a CC bid but a big issue with the constant repetitive bullsh*t that gets thrown around by Bears fans.

If that's what you want to do, do it but trolling in this thread is doing your cause no good at all. And just because a few mutts do it in the CC bears thread doesn't justify bears fans doing it here.

You're still missing the point... lol. Like i said I only replied because the bloke called an entire region "d1ck heads". It has nothing to do with the Bears or Brisbane bids.

As for the North Shore/Northern Beaches reply, that was for Talons who asked the question in regards to the matter.

AlwaysGreen said:
And just because a few mutts do it in the CC bears thread doesn't justify bears fans doing it here.

Are you going to take your own advice then?

adamkungl

Immortal
Pretty funny that the arguing in here is as intense as any Roosters/Souths/Dragons thread...these teams don't even exist ffs :lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You're still missing the point... lol. Like i said I only replied because the bloke called an entire region "d1ck heads". It has nothing to do with the Bears or Brisbane bids.
I'm sure that entire region is indebted to you defending their reputation. Parades are being organised for you as we speak and the keys to the city and 16 virgins will be given to you as a mark of their appreciation.

As for the North Shore/Northern Beaches reply, that was for Talons who asked the question in regards to the matter.
Who cares?

I forgot that the bears thread was reserved for photos of people holding up the same old bears jersey, More good news for their bears!!!!!!! posts and other assorted bear drivel rather than legitimate discussion. I should have known better that that is how norths fans roll.

johns_reds

First Grade
I was asked a question and replied.. the referrences about the CCBears came from a few BNE 2 fans in here. It's only natural that supporters of the Bears are gonna reply to questions which directly affect them and that goes vice verser too. But I guess when you've been "schooled" the next logical step to is tell the person/s who made you look silly to "piss off".

When did i say piss off? that was the guy who posted underneath me, not sure where i was "schooled" ???

Last edited:
I'm sure that entire region is indebted to you defending their reputation. Parades are being organised for you as we speak and the keys to the city and 16 virgins will be given to you as a mark of their appreciation.

Sweet deal. Expose ignorance and get rewarded. Wish the rest of life was as easy as this.

Who cares?
Obviously Talons who asked the question and me, who replied.. neither which have anything to do with you.. so why does it matter to you?

I forgot that the bears thread was reserved for photos of people holding up the same old bears jersey, More good news for their bears!!!!!!! posts and other assorted bear drivel rather than legitimate discussion. I should have known better that that is how norths fans roll.

I dunno, there's plenty of news on membership drives, general bid news, up dates on membership numbers and initiatives, up dates on community events involving the Bears, news regarding sponsors, corporate support, news of real projects with real money having a real start time for real development.

I have to ask though, before you wrote this reply did you think for a second who you are writing it for? I mean typing the BS you did and using it as an arguement against the main person who updates the CCBears thread with legitimate news? Haha...:lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sweet deal. Expose ignorance and get rewarded. Wish the rest of life was as easy as this.

Obviously Talons who asked the question and me, who replied.. neither which have anything to do with you.. so why does it matter to you?

I dunno, there's plenty of news on membership drives, general bid news, up dates on membership numbers and initiatives, up dates on community events involving the Bears, news regarding sponsors, corporate support, news of real projects with real money having a real start time for real development.

I have to ask though, before you wrote this reply did you think for a second who you are writing it for? I mean typing the BS you did and using it as an arguement against the main person who updates the CCBears thread with legitimate news? Haha...:lol:
You're dribbling now mate....a sure sign of fear. Norths fans should concentrate on their bid and stop fearing other bids, no matter how threatening they are to Norths readmittance.

I was calling you Bears trolls dickheads, not the entire Central Coast populace. And you're doing nothing to prove me wrong. Still trying to use the population of North Sydney to bump up your numbers while also trying to distance yourself from the overcrowded Sydney market at the same time?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can we get back to discussing the pros and cons of a 2nd Brisbane team?

Some announcement coming up this weekend according to their Facebook page

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hey idiot - go troll somewhere else.
Laughable. A Norths fan telling someone in the Brisbane bid forum to stop trolling. Perhaps your mates should heed your advice idjut.

That way we can discuss the Brisbane bid without compulsive obsessive Norths fans fear driven nonsense. That stuff should be reserved for the norths (central coast :sarcasm:) thread.

adamkungl

Immortal
Can someone explain how another team in SE QLD will bring a significantly larger increase in TV viewers over the CC Bears? Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't be arsed looking through 100 pages of trolling. And sorry if this seems like trolling, it's actually something I'm interested in debating.

Another QLD side gives the broadcaster another choice for the Friday night QLD live game. But does more choice = more viewers?

Any 2 new sides are going to result in an extra game.
A new QLD side will obviously rate better than the Bears in QLD.
But overall, will Brisbane2 v some random club rate better than Bears v whoever?
Given there are more NSW clubs and state biases taken into account, it seems plausible that in the overall ratings Bears could rate higher.