What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

applesauce

Bench
Well people seem happy to include the CC as part of some mythical "Sydney region"

Why would 9 teams in Sydney effect a CC bid any more than a 5 year old team in the Brisbane Region would effect a Brisbane bid?

Because your TV ratings come from the SYDNEY metro catchment.

You are fighting for the same TV slots with other SYDNEY teams, something that will NOT add value to the TV rights deal, there is huge selection for networks to have a Sydney team play already.

That's not to say there are not other things going for them but with the clubs not keen on expansion I don't see them or the IC wanting to add a team in the middle of 2 (by next week maybe) privately owned clubs without bringing much in terms of TV revenue.

applesauce

Bench
Because unlike the CCBears bid, the Brisbane 2 bid has been using crowds as a measurement for inclusion. So the fact that their drawcard point is currently underwhelming would provide slight cause for concern. Not much but a little regardless. It's critically important that these bid teams from all the bids make sure that their drawcard points for nrl entry aren't conflicted by existing problems. That said I wouldn't be too concern at the titans crowd last night because when have bronco fans ever travelled in large sums?

Myself and about 5 other mates wanted to go but by the time I finished uni in the CBD (5pm) and headed home in Friday traffic, I would of been home at about 6pm, and then an hour to Robina if there was NO traffic, but it was Friday arvo so there goes that idea.

It will never happen but if it was a Saturday or Sunday you don't have the traffic and you can have the morning/arvo at the beach then head to the game. It would be fantasic. Sadly it won't happen.

BDGS

Bench
Because your TV ratings come from the SYDNEY metro catchment.

I thought the topic was crowds, not TV ratings.

Low crowds, on the GC have the same effect as low crowds in Sydney have on the Central Coast. And that is none, but when you think back and remember that one major reason why the titans were put into the compeitition was good crowd sizes in Brisbane, and then other SEQ bids using "SEQ gets big crowds regularly" line to push their bid, then poor crowds in SEQ are going to bring some negatively towards the bids that say that.

The Titans were included because of big crowds in Brisbane? Really? I don't remember Brisbane crowds having any bearing on it whatsoever. I remember the Gold Coast itself getting crowds of 17 and 18k for trial games. That certainly had a bearing. It now gets crowds similar to that and better. And Brisbane still gets good crowds so to even try and suggest there are "poor" crowds in SEQ is ridiculous.

But the topic is also about TV ratings and the funny thing is that on both crowd factors and TV ratings Brisbane 2 sh*ts all over CC.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have decided to frame a market...

Just a relevent as the others...

Perth paying......1.00000000000000000000001 for a gig.
Brisbane 2 .....paying 1.0000000000002 for a gig.
CQ paying 1.50 for a gig
Ipswich paying 4.00 for a gig.

Central Coast paying 456 for a gig
Central Coast Paying 1.00000000000000000000000000000001 to fail in thier bid yet again.

Now just repeat this over and over and you might believe it.

bobmar28

Bench
I thought the topic was crowds, not TV ratings.

Low crowds, on the GC have the same effect as low crowds in Sydney have on the Central Coast. And that is none, but when you think back and remember that one major reason why the titans were put into the compeitition was good crowd sizes in Brisbane, and then other SEQ bids using "SEQ gets big crowds regularly" line to push their bid, then poor crowds in SEQ are going to bring some negatively towards the bids that say that.

Going by your comments you would have to agree that low crowds in Sydney will affect the Bears bid.

BDGS

Bench
The Titans were included because of big crowds in Brisbane? Really? I don't remember Brisbane crowds having any bearing on it whatsoever. I remember the Gold Coast itself getting crowds of 17 and 18k for trial games. That certainly had a bearing. It now gets crowds similar to that and better. And Brisbane still gets good crowds so to even try and suggest there are "poor" crowds in SEQ is ridiculous.

Oh, now Brisbane is SEQ?

There is a lot more to SEQ then just Brisbane :roll:

BDGS

Bench
Going by your comments you would have to agree that low crowds in Sydney will affect the Bears bid.

You have heard the arguments as to why the Central Coast bid unique positions has it in a position where this is not the case, i won't repeat myself as i am sick of doing that over and over for a troll like you.

Oh, now Brisbane is SEQ?

There is a lot more to SEQ then just Brisbane :roll:

Brisbane is where the new club is going to be. So Brisbane crowds are the only thing that could be even remotely linked to any argumants about the bid. You CC dickheads are the ones who don't know your geography.

BDGS

Bench
Brisbane is where the new club is going to be. So Brisbane crowds are the only thing that could be even remotely linked to any argumants about the bid.

Oh, so now you change it. Before it was about the NRL needing a SEQ team.

But ok, only crowds in the exact area the new team will count.

That means, Sydney crowds have no effect on the Central Coast bid then.

I can live with that.

but as soon as the Brisbane NRL bid start using advantages of their bid from areas outside of Brisbane (i.e. SEQ) then its fair play to pull in GC crowds.

I didn't claim that. Show me where I did. I said that if you morons want to try and dram a line between Gold Coast crowds and a potential second Brisbane club then why not do the same between Sydney and the CC? It's your ridiculous argument and you can't even stick to it. You lot are the ones trying to include Sydney when it suits you and not including it when it doesn't. Your whole campaign is based on blurring the line between the CC and Sydney. Sydney is part of the CC when you try to claim a catchment area of 1.1m people but it's not when you try to pretend you are representing a new area away from the already overcrowded Sydney market.

GC crowds have no bearing on a Brisbane team and just because SEQ needs another team does not alter this. BRISBANE needs another team. That's the start and end of it. If you want to draw a line between GC and Brisbane then you can't be hypocrites and not draw a line between the CC and a club like Manly. Manly is actually even closer to Gosford than Robina is to Brisbane city.

I didn't claim that. Show me where I did. I said that if you morons want to try and dram a line between Gold Coast crowds and a potential second Brisbane club then why not do the same between Sydney and the CC? It's your ridiculous argument and you can't even stick to it. You lot are the ones trying to include Sydney when it suits you and not including it when it doesn't. Your whole campaign is based on blurring the line between the CC and Sydney. Sydney is part of the CC when you try to claim a catchment area of 1.1m people but it's not when you try to pretend you are representing a new area away from the already overcrowded Sydney market.

GC crowds have no bearing on a Brisbane team and just because SEQ needs another team does not alter this. BRISBANE needs another team. That's the start and end of it. If you want to draw a line between GC and Brisbane then you can't be hypocrites and not draw a line between the CC and a club like Manly. Manly is actually even closer to Gosford than Robina is to Brisbane city.

Have a cry mate. Everything I've claimed I've backed up and GEOGRAPHICALLY the cc isn't part of Sydney, however on a corporate level and on an existing fan base level we are entitled to claim northern beaches because a) we already have sponsors from here and b) we have fans and members from here too.

Had the bears not been involved with this cc bid then ofcourse we wouldn't count ns but due to the little fact it's a foundation team, with multiple generational fans we can. The powers to be acknowldge this. However seqld covers goldcoast, Ipswich, redcliffe, toowoomba and Brisbane. 2 which have teams and another 1 with a bid which incorporates another (ippy/toow) and redcliffe which will eventually bid.

Every bid has different circumstances. Best to get your knowledge up and recognize these differences in circumstances before talking.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Juniors
You CC dickheads are the ones who don't know your geography.

Interesting comment from someone that suggests that Gosford-Manly is closer than Robina - Brisbane CDB!!!! Only if you are a bird....or in your case, a goose.

Geographical proximity to the NRL's thinking relates to mass public transport times. Hence Gosford-Manly is 2.25 hrs, Brisbane - Robina is 1.15 hrs.

I say that because David Gallop has said that Central Coast and even north shore people can't readily access any NRL teams ground due to lack of public transport, and this is one of the attractions for a team playing at Bluetongue, where travel times at worst are 1.15hrs from the north shore.

Hence the thinking that 2 teams in SEQ is enough at present - you can easily get to Broncos or Titans games already. 1.1 million can't get access to 1 team.

According to Google Maps Brookvale Oval to Gosford takes 1 hr 15 mins by road. Robina to Lang Park is 1hr and the distance in kms is actually more. It's not Brisbane's fault public transport is so sh*t in Sydney and the Central Coast. And if it is so bad I'd say that's another nail in the coffin for a CC team. A club with poor public transport links should have no place in the NRL. Bye bye Bears.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I find it laughable that Bear supporters have a go at others for not agreeing 100% with everything they post in the CC thread but hypocritically come in the Brisbane 2 thread and blast anything remotely to do with the Brisbane bid.

The fear grows.

And blast it with utter tripe too. One minute they're a Sydney club, they next minute they aren't. Now they're even trying to claim that having crap public transport from Sydney to Gosford is actually a good thing for their bid! This amount of bullsh*t and spin makes the ex-state government look honest and reasonable.