What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters
Personally I reckon if they go for the "South Qld" name then they should use the Crushers tag, as it's already been established and is known.

Hate the idea that Brisbane V2 will use a name with "B". Why not be original FFS?

All the names above are crap - hate 'em all.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (shot shoot me down Timmah for not reading all 11 pages!) but what about:
Brisbane Brothers?

Brothers is a very typical QRL name for a sides.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Queesnland Back f**ks.

Thats not the name for the team. Just a statement.

I'd go for the SE Queensland Irwins. Khaki safari suits as kit. Be a ding dong battle ifa Stingrays team ever came in to being.

OR

The Brisbane Floods

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
What can be more Australian than a Red kangaroo which is where the 'Reds' comes from.

Nothing mate, Just stating they have history with it and if you tell a yank "reds" they won't know what it is compared to kookaburra or Kangaroo.

BunniesMan

Immortal
"Rivercity" is so gay. They call themselves that they'll forever be the Broncos's ugly red headed little brother. They need to go with "Brisbane" to show that they're equals. It's not copying, it's showing that you aim to be more than just the little sideshow.

Who the hell calls Brisbane Rivercity anyway? It's like a lame marketing tag that doesn't even resonate with the place or the people. Brisbane River Rats might be a good name though.

SerbDragon

Coach
Brisbane Deliverance

deliverance2_guitar.jpg

Bwuce

Juniors
Southbank Sandshoes or Geebung G-Strings or Jindalee Jockstraps, Tarragindi Tantatulas, Valley Virgins for alliteration

or for a tongue twister ... Toowong Thongs

Bring back the Crushers.

Last edited:

Pigskin

Juniors
Brisbane Brahman's is still my suggestion

out of those listed above, I kinda like the Rogues ... at least it would be something different ... a thief for a mascot !

Oink !

Brutus

Referee
Brisbane Go-Betweens

Brisbane Screamfeeders

Brisbane Saints lol

Brisbane Custards

Brisbane Blowhards

Brisbane Powderfingers

Brisbane Regurgitators

Brisbane Indecent Obsessions lol lol lol

iiiii.jpg