What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Goddo

Bench
Whats the bet they have some sponsor anouncements lined up to anounce with the winning name announcement?

Once Dead

Bench
Anything that doesn't start with the same letter that the first name starts with (e.g. Bribane Banksias or East Brisbane Egrets).

Rivercity Kookaburras sounds like a real rugby league team and not some plastic modern name like FURY, STORM, BLAZE, etc....

Butcher Stripes

Juniors
I'll definately support the team if they're named Rivercity Kookaburras!
For once it's a uniquely Australian name.. not some trendy crap name like, Blaze, Fury, Storm etc.. The marketing potential is huge too!

dimitri

First Grade
BRISBANE BLACK CO(KS
thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:

boonboon

Juniors
I'll definately support the team if they're named Rivercity Kookaburras!
For once it's a uniquely Australian name.. not some trendy crap name like, Blaze, Fury, Storm etc.. The marketing potential is huge too!

I agree 100% with this post - the reason I chose Rivercity Kookaburras is because it was uniquely Australian and even as a sydney sider and tigers supporter they would definatly become my 2nd team if they went with this kind of name. They should immediatly exclude all the trendy crap names and stick with a Australian name.

Also when is a team going to use that most awesome of Australian animals the Fat Arsed Wombat as a mascot - imagine fatso from the Olympics as a mascot - it would go crazy and imagine the sales to tourists - you could really pull in some merchandise

applesauce

Bench
I agree 100% with this post - the reason I chose Rivercity Kookaburras is because it was uniquely Australian and even as a sydney sider and tigers supporter they would definatly become my 2nd team if they went with this kind of name. They should immediatly exclude all the trendy crap names and stick with a Australian name.

Also when is a team going to use that most awesome of Australian animals the Fat Arsed Wombat as a mascot - imagine fatso from the Olympics as a mascot - it would go crazy and imagine the sales to tourists - you could really pull in some merchandise

WTF :crazy:
:lol:

hellteam

First Grade
Rivercity is the gayest thing I've ever heard. Seriously, everyone that is voting for it to be the name must be Central Coast Bears or Perth Reds supporters, because surely no one that is actually going to be a fan of this team would want it. Kookaburras is ok, but come on, Rivercity?!?!?!

I've never heard anyone call Brisbane that except for genius politicians. Would be an absolute embarrasment if that was the name, wow.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree rivercity kookaburras seems soft

Brisbane Black (ocks - with a big black cockatoo would be awesome

Black Cockatoos are loyal, and fight to protect their territory and their family.

Perth Red

Post Whore
you don't see some marketing issues being called Black (ocks? :)

Best outcome has to be doing a partnership deal with Redcliffe and being called the Brisbane Dolphins.

dimitri

First Grade
you don't see some marketing issues being called Black (ocks? :)

Best outcome has to be doing a partnership deal with Redcliffe and being called the Brisbane Dolphins.

haha I dont think so.

The only people who woud have an issue with it, is those who have a dirty mind!!!

imagine the great chants

imagine the merchanidse

You could have a tshirt "im a black (ock for life"

juro

Bench
I like Kookaburras because at least it is Australian, but the name is too long. Looking at the emblems of Queensland, you have:

* animal: koala - brings back memories of the Brisbane Bears
* bird: brolga - at least it has the BB alliteration
* fish: barrier reef anemonefish - try saying that one quickly, hell, try saying it at all!
* plant: Cooktown orchid - hardly related to Brisbane...
* gem: sapphire - Brisbane Sapphires sounds okay to me

juro

Bench
haha I dont think so.

The only people who woud have an issue with it, is those who have a dirty mind!!!

imagine the great chants

imagine the merchanidse

You could have a tshirt "im a black (ock for life"
Yes, I can just see the headlines. "Black (ocks go hard for the full 80 minutes."

Latest posts