What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronco slump has begun

insert.pause

First Grade
Cowboys have to get slow starts out of their game, Roosters have to play for 80mins, Souths seem to be missing the motivation, Broncos need more out of their forwards & we will know before finals if they are a genuine title threat.

Cowboys to lose imo.

big hit!

Bench
Is it really still a surprise to see the leading teams have a down week or two at this time of the season?

Top 4 is practically a lock, the objective now is to be in peak condition for september. strength and conditioning coaches at these clubs will up the volume of work for a couple of weeks for the last time this season.

MarkC

Juniors
Is it really still a surprise to see the leading teams have a down week or two at this time of the season?

Top 4 is practically a lock, the objective now is to be in peak condition for september. strength and conditioning coaches at these clubs will up the volume of work for a couple of weeks for the last time this season.

Yes that could be the case at the Broncos, Bennett has done it in the past.

I expected a Manly win and a top shelf performance from Manly, but the Broncos were perhaps a little flat.

The Dogs/Broncos game this will be a better guide, I expect the Broncos to step up the intensity. Again I think the Dogs could win, but they are going to have to play very well to do that.

Even if the Broncos drop this game, they are far from a spent force, they should still finish top 4.

I think the primary concern for them would be meeting the Roosters in week 1 of the semis, some teams may even throw a game in an effort to avoid that.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't think it's really enough to call it a slump. I expected it for a while... Broncos have loads of weaknesses and Manly actually exploited them when other teams have been woeful at it.
We will see how they respond.

MarkC

Juniors
Broncos play the Dogs on Friday - surely they'll win. Bulldogs playing horrible football at the moment.

Bulldog Force - I like to think the Dogs were pretty good against the Roosters.

The only reason the Dogs didn't win was the Roosters were even better, I don't think any team could have beaten the Roosters in that form.

The Broncos were flat against Manly, and will bounce back.

The Dogs are desperate for a win, so I think both teams will turn up and it should be a good contest.

LineBall

Juniors
A loss at this time of year isn't such a bad thing. Still stayed on top of the ladder. Team gets a kick up the backside and a nice reminder of not taking things for granted. If we lose out next two in a row, then I'll be concerned.

Latest posts